• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesterday I was handed a 1961 Southend V Grimsby programme that's in mint condition!

I was well chuffed and the photo on the front of the Hall is qaulity!

Starting line up for that day was as follows;

Goy

Williamson Anderson

Grievson Watson Kerrins

Bentley Corthine Costello McKinven Kellard

Anyone who knows the result of this fixture?

I cant be arsed to look it up!

Oh yeah, Grim Jnr was looking through that the other day, couldnt remember what the site was called.

Its got all the team photo's in it too. Really good.
Cheers MG.

It was given to my Brother-in-law by a relative of a patient he was looking after who sadly past away. Now I have stolen the precious!!!!!!

I was given a Southend programme from 1957 for xmas. No way i'm selling it. It's priceless and it's mine
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 12 2005,09:21)]Yesterday I was handed a 1961 Southend V Grimsby programme that's in mint condition!

Goy

Williamson                 Anderson

Grievson                 Watson         Kerrins

Bentley   Corthine     Costello     McKinven      Kellard

Who was the manager? Why was he playing Bentley on the right? We all know his best postion is in the middle.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 12 2005,09:21)]Yesterday I was handed a 1961 Southend V Grimsby programme that's in mint condition!

Goy

Williamson                 Anderson

Grievson                 Watson         Kerrins

Bentley   Corthine     Costello     McKinven      Kellard

The classic 2-3-5 formation. Who the hell thought that one up and why did it take so long for someone to work out that having a couple of extra defenders might be a good idea?!

The Legend that is McKinven, aka The Flying Scotsman.

Had the great pleasure of meeting him and staying for a long weekend with him and his family sometime ago at Shotts in Scotland.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Snowy @ Jan. 12 2005,13:21)]The Legend that is McKinven, aka The Flying Scotsman.

Had the great pleasure of meeting him and staying for a long weekend with him and his family sometime ago at Shotts in Scotland.
Hmmm. Did you get to talk to him much, or more his female relatives?

Really nice guy, spent most of the weekend talking to him about football, whilst watching the Ryder Cup, and having a few drinks.
Dont think his daughter was that impressed
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 12 2005,12:40)]I was given a Southend programme from 1957 for xmas. No way i'm selling it. It's priceless and it's mine
tounge.gif
Hils, might I add that this is MY thread about MY programme!

I suggest that if you wish to talk about your proggramme you could perhaps open your own thread!
mad.gif

Now go and busy yourself in the kitchen and make me some Agborough soup!!!!!!!

tounge.gif

i dont want to disappoint you, but..

Southend programmes for the late 50's and early 60's only usually fetch about £2-£3 each.....

Back