• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If carlsberg did football matches, it wouldn’t be this one. Just seen a picture of Crawford’s nose on Twitter. OUCH!

Morris – 7.0
Clohessy – 6.0
Coughlan - 6.0
Mohsni – 6.0
Barker – 7.0
Hall - 6.0
Grant - 6.5
Woodyard – 6.0
Ferdinand - 7.0
Corr - 6.0
Crawford – 6.0

sub
Sturrock – 6.0

Last edited:
A match where an opposition midfielder and former player reminded us of what we're missing with Easton out. Thought Guttridge had a really good game, made our midfield look pretty inadequate at times. Only Kane seemed to have any impetus to try and get things going, Woodyard looked out of his depth apart from the excellent defensive block right in front of W block. Bilel looked under par but still showed why he's been such an important player for us.

Morris - 7, little to do but what he did he did pretty well
Clohessy - 6, hesitant to tackle, looks tired
Mohsni - 6, welcome back, thought he shouldn't have had to play the whole match though, bit too high an expectation
Coughlan - 7, solid as usual
Barker - 7.5, thought he'd be showed up against a nippy winger but coped pretty well
Grant - 6, still lacking early season form
Ferdinand - 7.5, MOTM, just, from Barker. Committed and stuck with it
Woodyard - 6, looked outclassed at times
Hall - 6.5, quiet, well marked
Crawford - 6.5, unlucky to go off in the way he did, looked ok
Corr - 6, seemed out of sorts to me

Sub: Sturrock - 6, please get some scoring practice, everyone is desperate for him to score!

Ref - 5, pretty ok, some good decisions,s ome bad. That gobby petulant little brat on their wing (McGlashan) should have been booked earlier for dissent

Grant backed out of just about every 50/50 going today. Best two players on the pitch were Guttridge and a defender called Herd that strangely could defend.

End of season meaningless game despite Shots still having something to aim for.

**** ref again. I propose a minimum height rule next season for refs at Roots Hall.

Clohessy looked tired because in a 4-3-3 he is supposed to be right back AND wide right midfield!

4-4-2 anytime for me.

Guys the second half wasn't that bad was it ?

as an aside, Sturrock on the radio said that the ball was bouncing much higher than normal and that made it very difficult to control, Is it true that their was an annoucement to say that who ever could kick the ball the highest in the air was guaranteed to be paid on time . I can't see any other reason for what we had to watch

Guys the second half wasn't that bad was it ?

as an aside, Sturrock on the radio said that the ball was bouncing much higher than normal and that made it very difficult to control, Is it true that their was an annoucement to say that who ever could kick the ball the highest in the air was guaranteed to be paid on time . I can't see any other reason for what we had to watch

What do they expect, it is Spring after all.

Coat.Door.Gone.

Clohessy looked tired because in a 4-3-3 he is supposed to be right back AND wide right midfield!

4-4-2 anytime for me.

Dunno so much about him being tired, but when the opposition match our 433 he's restricted to how far he can get forward. Their wide player forces him to play more conservatively and that's obviously going to effect how much he can offer in attack. 442 would allow him to get forward and create more because of the space the midfielder in front of him would create, but with the 433 he does become less involved in their half.

Hall got into some decent areas of the pitch where he could maybe do something, but his creativity was virtually non-existent. Very poor today.

There was a point in the second half when Hall was running at goal, he could have easily slipped a diagonal ball to Ferdinand who had run into a great position and Hall just kept running till he was suffocated off the ball.

Mohsni was great today, pleased to see him back, he is always so exciting to watch

Last edited:
A really poor game with very little football played. I thought Aldershot looked a big, strong, organised unit and were tougher and quicker all over the pitch. Corr won less in the air than he has done in months and Sturrock struggled terribly once he came on, against their two big centre halves. Anthony Charles especially impressed me. I am at a total loss as to why Asante wasn't given 15-20 minutes as we won zilch in the air, so why not try his pace in behind? Bizarre. The midfield is where we seemed to lose out most though, as we struggled to assert any kind of authority. Grant was his usual second half of the season poor self, Woodyard looked a lost child and Ferdinand misplaced more passes than in any of his previous appearances. He did improve as the game went on and played in a more forward role than ever before. We missed Sawyer and his creativity.

Ratings:

Morris 7: The pick of our players, which is a worry when you're playing a mid table League 2 side with little on offer up front. He's probably cemented his No 1 shirt now and I expect him to stay, with Evans leaving in the summer enabling us to promote the younger, cheaper Bentley to No 2 keeper. His one armed save in the second half was top drawer.

Clohessy 6: Looks to be suffering from burn out to be honest. He's made 44 starts this season now and it's starting to show. A good rest over the summer and next year he'll be better than ever I'm sure.

Mohsni 6: Was a walking accident in the first half and made error after error, but improved greatly after the break. Looked rusty, but it's great to see him back. Hopefully he can start the rest of the games this season to continue his learning process.

Coughlan 6: Used all his experience at times, but I am looking forward to when he can help Sturrock out on the bench, as like Clohessy although in a different way, the amount of games he's played appears to be taking their toll.

Barker 6: Had his hands full with the quick McGlashan, but saw him off using his experience. Wasn't as impressive as at centre half.

Woodyard 5: I still don't really understand why he's as highly rated by the club as he is. Whenever I see him he seems to be a poor man's Ferdinand and I don't really think that both can play in the three man midfield, as Woodyard is a water carrier, nothing more. Guttridge completely and utterly outclassed him today and I do find it odd that the physically stronger, with far more ability on the ball, James Stevens, isn't being granted the same opportunities. Hopefully Woodyard will improve and these games will help him for next season....

Ferdinand 6.5: In the first half when nobody played well, Kane seemed to lose his cool head and start thumping aimless balls forward like his colleagues, which he's never done before. He improved in the second half though and after being pushed further forward, he played some lovely balls. Who'd have thought that he started the season as a youth team centre back?

Grant 6: Denied by a brilliant save from Young in the second half, Grant seemed to struggle to assert any authority in the game. His early season domination of games is long gone and you have to wonder whether he simply can't be bothered to turn it on any more.............

Hall 6: Not one of his best games and made many misplaced passes, but you still felt he was the only one likely to make anything happen for us. Another player who is probably feeling the affects of a long season having come from non league.

Corr 6: I haven't seen him get beaten in the air so often in one game for a long while. As usual though he managed to get himself into good positions, although unfortunately a poor finish and then a crossbar kept him off the scoresheet.

Crawford 5.5: Struggled in the time he was on the pitch thanks to a complete lack of service.

Sub:

Sturrock 6: Had one good effort and one effort that kind of summed his finishing up, where he blazed over the stand from just inside the box.

Very poor match! Not worth rating the players as only a few stood out.
Morris made a couple of fantastic saves. Ferdinand looked assured in midfield, much more attacking than usual. Was great to see the enthusiastic Moshni back, agree with a couple others here, in that he shouldn't have played the whole game, bit risky. And omfg, Blair....dont bother shooting, turn around like you normally do and pass to someone else! Hope Crawford's injury isn't too serious, heard the crack, nasty!

A match where an opposition midfielder and former player reminded us of what we're missing with Easton out. Thought Guttridge had a really good game, made our midfield look pretty inadequate at times. Only Kane seemed to have any impetus to try and get things going, Woodyard looked out of his depth apart from the excellent defensive block right in front of W block. Bilel looked under par but still showed why he's been such an important player for us.

Morris - 7, little to do but what he did he did pretty well
Clohessy - 6, hesitant to tackle, looks tired
Mohsni - 6, welcome back, thought he shouldn't have had to play the whole match though, bit too high an expectation
Coughlan - 7, solid as usual
Barker - 7.5, thought he'd be showed up against a nippy winger but coped pretty well
Grant - 6, still lacking early season form
Ferdinand - 7.5, MOTM, just, from Barker. Committed and stuck with it
Woodyard - 6, looked outclassed at times
Hall - 6.5, quiet, well marked
Crawford - 6.5, unlucky to go off in the way he did, looked ok
Corr - 6, seemed out of sorts to me

Sub: Sturrock - 6, please get some scoring practice, everyone is desperate for him to score!

Ref - 5, pretty ok, some good decisions,s ome bad. That gobby petulant little brat on their wing (McGlashan) should have been booked earlier for dissent

You presumably mark the referees on some alternative scale? You rightly identified that he was "pretty ok" and then gave him a lower mark than every single one of our players. Crawford's "ok" for just 40 minutes warranted 6.5 (I thought he was making no impression anyway)!
Sturrock's dismal performance as a substitute worth 6 (Blair, why don't you try leaving the ground when you "jump" for high balls or don't "intelligent" players do that?). The outclassed Woodyard and the tired, hesitant Clohessey both outscored a reasonably competent official. Very perverse.

We kept a clean sheet - other than against the terrible Hereford this was our first since... before Moshni got injured.

Did rely on a couple of great saves from Morris though - Evans spell in the first team has certainly made me realise that Morris is a decent L2 keeper!

Bit boring by all accounts.

Hall is our only creative player and there left back had a good game against him. Plus's for me were the defence were pretty solid and Moshni came out still fairly undamaged. Negatives were that we created almost nothing.

Morris - 7 Faultless

Clohessy - 5 Weakest defender and offered little going forward
Barker - 7 again nothing wrong. Classy on the ball
Moshni - 7 - Not reallt fit but still a great player for us
Coughlan - 7 Did ok - never gets caught out of position

Granty - 6 - Not the same grant as earlier in the season but still good
Woodyard -5 Offered little but cant fsult his work rate
Ferdinand - 6 Quite by his standards but really important player for us

Crawford - NA
Corr - 7 - Worked hard always a threat just not on target today sadly
Hall - 7 - Had a good defender against him but generally worked hard

Blair - 6 - Cant fault effort but seen him do better.

Yawn!

Everyone 7 except Corr 6.5 and Ferdinand and Woodyard 7.5

Toilet. Infact, it probably wasn't that good.

Can't understand all these 7 ratings? 7 would surely imply above average, bordering on good. I didn't see any above average/good performances today.

I'm with GBJ on this, I thought it was a very poor game played by very poor players from both sides. Woodyard was invisible most of the game.

Back