• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can somebody explain why we called Jason Williams back? I make that 4 games he's been back for and a combined total of 10 mins through 2 sub appearances..

Surely better to of left him out on loan where he was playing and scoring?!

We have 2 first team central defenders out, so instead of playing the usual 2, we play 3. Sorry cant work that one out. Coker couldn't resist getting down the left, which is why sensibly Coker and Binnon-Williams were swapped. Later we reverted back to 4-4-1-1. Could understand why maybe Deegan started if we were going to play 2 at the back, but not with 3 surely! Timlin on the bench, just crazy. Topped it off with bringing Atkinson instead of Williams near the end, when looking for the winner. Piggot did ok for a debut, Coulthirst looks ok out wide, but goes to pieces in the box. Boring beyond belief at the Hall at the moment.

I really don't enjoy watching this team. Payne was like a headless chicken today. Leonard was woeful. Need to bring Clifford back in. Shaq has the shot of a school girl.
It all just look a bit hit and hope to me.. No one seems to have any ideas. Same old subs.. Boring, no goals again. Pretty ****ed I went now

Unfortunately midfielders who don't continuously pass sideways and aren't afraid to drive forwards with the ball and shoot from outside the box have no place in Brown's system.

I think you have been generous with the players rating, agree ref Williams

Can somebody explain why we called Jason Williams back? I make that 4 games he's been back for and a combined total of 10 mins through 2 sub appearances..

Yes argree should give a start

Not at Northampton then?

Yes i was there !

Just for you here are the calculations.

Against Northampton we scored in the 79th,

11 mins against Northampton
90 mins against Burton
90 mins against Dagenham
90 mins against Plymouth
20 mins added time

301 minutes since last goal scored at the Hall.

Perhaps Ron don't care anymore as his stadium dream is dead. Why else would you keep on a manager that is absolutely clueless on scoring goals.....takes off the obvious playmakers/scorers for blokes that would not score all year. Until he is gone mid to bottom table is a certainty!

Frustrates the life out of me hearing OUR supporters booing OUR players at the end of the match when they worked their flippin' socks off today in keeping a clean sheet and getting a draw. Obviously a win would have been better, but I just wonder what people want? The game was exciting, those 3 or 4 bursts forward by Shaq in the 2nd half were all potential game winning runs.

Can't understand why people are being so over the top in their enthusiasm for Deegan, yes he did well, but he also played us into trouble on a couple of occasions. Didn't hear a MOTM, did we not have a sponsor today?

Considering we were playing against the wind in the first half, which, conveniently dropped considerably in the second, we did ok. McCormick, for them, had a great game. Overall, I am happy with a point.

Bentley - 6.5, couple of key saves
White - 7, got stuck in and put in some good crosses
Thompson - 7.5, my MOTM, thought he had an excellent game, really matured and in control
Coker - 7, solid
Worrall - 6.5, tried hard
Deegan - 7, good effort
Leonard - 7, couple of bursting runs and shots
Binnom-Williams - 7, again, did ok, the defence looked better and more confident with him slotted into central
Payne - 6, lots of energy but looked out of his depth at times
Coulthirst - 6.5, couple of wrong decisions, on another day he'd have had better luck
Piggott - 7, good debut, put himself about and showed promise

Subs:
Weston for Payne - just don't get it with Weston, game was crying out for Timlin's authority in the middle
Atkinson for Shaq - didn't get that either

Ref:
Did ok, one of the better ones this season, just felt there were some odd decisions at times.

What I do not understand from Bentley's and the defences hoof up field is always directed at Worrall and to be fair wins his fair share but when we have a last third set piece he is the last person back defending. ??

Frustrates the life out of me hearing OUR supporters booing OUR players at the end of the match when they worked their flippin' socks off today in keeping a clean sheet and getting a draw. Obviously a win would have been better, but I just wonder what people want? The game was exciting, those 3 or 4 bursts forward by Shaq in the 2nd half were all potential game winning runs.

Can't understand why people are being so over the top in their enthusiasm for Deegan, yes he did well, but he also played us into trouble on a couple of occasions. Didn't hear a MOTM, did we not have a sponsor today?

Considering we were playing against the wind in the first half, which, conveniently dropped considerably in the second, we did ok. McCormick, for them, had a great game. Overall, I am happy with a point.

Bentley - 6.5, couple of key saves
Thompson - 7.5, my MOTM, thought he had an excellent game, really matured and in control
Coker - 7, solid
Deegan - 7, good effort
Leonard - 7, couple of bursting runs and shots
Binnom-Williams - 7, again, did ok, the defence looked better and more confident with him slotted into central
Payne - 6, lots of energy but looked out of his depth at times
Coulthirst - 6.5, couple of wrong decisions, on another day he'd have had better luck
Piggott - 7, good debut, put himself about and showed promise

Subs:
Weston for Payne - just don't get it with Weston, game was crying out for Timlin's authority in the middle
Atkinson for Shaq - didn't get that either

Ref:
Did ok, one of the better ones this season, just felt there were some odd decisions at times.

Christ on a bike. Do you give match ratings like that to be controversial on purpose? Thompson was a liability today and i was nervous every time he got the ball. Was at fault for at least one of Plymouths chances, giving the ball away far too easily

Deegan - 7, good effort

Disagree with these two. Thought Thompson was a liability today and almost cost us our precious point, if Bentley wasn't on form to make a great save.

Thought Deegan was excellent today. He was here, there and everywhere. Got stuck in and didn't really look like getting sent off, which was a nice change. Would have been my MOTM today.

Because even after having been here for nearly two full seasons PB still does appear to know either his best team or more worryingly what the best formation is.

quite honestly that scares the crap out of me!

Bentley - 7, couple of key saves
Thompson - 6 Terriblr error in the first half. Too prone to this
Coker - 7, solid
Deegan - 8, Topper defensive midfield display
Leonard - 6 Not effective
Payne - 6, Little impact
Coulthirst - 5 Can 't shoot or pick a pass in the box
Piggott - 7, Decent start but out wide too often

There were a lot of positives today, bearing mind the side we had out. Most of the experienced heads were either injured or suspended and I think the kids did as well as they could.

Plymouth were one of the better sides I have seen this season at the Hall; Reid and Alessandro were a handful and their left back/midfielder, no 13, Kellett, was one of the best visiting players I have seen here for some time. Absolute quality.

They had the better of the first half and could have been 3 up had it not been for 3 great saves by Bentley. In the second half we bossed it however and were unlucky not to get all 3 points.

We are not getting that bit of luck you sometimes need in front of goal. Coulthirst mi**** 2 or 3 today and then absolutely blasted one, probably too well. My biggest concern is that we cannot capitalise on any set play we have at all and I include Leonards long throws in that. I don't know that we have EVER scored from one.

But we could dwell on that - again - all night. I prefer to focus on this pair of stats -

1 - No league side has scored more than 1 goal at the Hall this season, and

2 - We haven't conceded a league goal at home since October 25th.

Now whatever way you look at it, that's impressive.

Ratings -

Bentley - 9 - MOM - Kept us in it in the first half with some great stops. Did everything he had to do very well and distribution was good in tricky conditions.

White - 7 - Improved after a shaky start and showed leadership today.
Thompson - 7 - Again, a shaky start but defended really well, second half in particular.
Coker - 7 - Usual performance although he didn't look overly comfy as part of the 3 centre back system.
Binnom-Williams - 7 - Much improved over his previous performances.

Leonard - 6 - A little anonymous at times, needed to drive forward more although maybe the emphasis was on not leaving the inexperienced defence too open.
Deegan - 8 - Outfield MOM - thought he was excellent today.
Payne - 5 - Poorest performance yet from him in my book. Looked lost and I would have subbed him sooner.
Worrall - 7 - Very good first half, up against the best left back I've seen at this level for years.

Coulthirst - 6 - He could have had a hat trick. He didn't get on the scoresheet. 'Nuff said.
Pigott - 7 - A young Barry Corr. Similar style, build, height and has the added bonus of youth with a bit of pace. Not sure how fit he is and bearing in mind he only joined yesterday I thought he did bloody well.

Subs -

Weston - 7 - Actually offered something different when he came on.
Atkinson - 6 - Nearly got on the end of something but not sure why he came on before Timlin.

Ref - 6 - It has been a long time since I have seen a ref so fussy over which blade of grass the ball needs to be on before the kick is taken. How many re-takes were there? 5? 6?. Otherwise, let the game flow well I thought... once it was in play.

Back