• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok (deep breath) here it goes

Bentley - 8 Did everything he needed to do well and stopped an early goal following Thompson's error.
White - 6 Looks lost in a 3 man defence but improved massively when we reverted to 4 at the back.
Thompson - 6 Shaky start and made an early howler which thankfully Bentley bailed him out for. Improved and was solid following his error.
B Willams - 7 Was surprisingly good especially when he moved to centre half.
Coker - 6 Generally solid, but gave the ball away cheaply near the end in a bad position.
Deegan - 8 Done his job well (especially early on when we played 3 at the back and he protected the defence well) and was possibly the best player today, but should he be playing in home games? Not in my opinion as he offers nothing going forward.
Leonard - 6 Done ok but still nowhere near the player he was last year - needs to pull his finger out.
Payne - 5 Maybe a controversial rating but what did he actually do in the attacking 3rd? Made some good runs but he's got a bad habit of taking 1 or 2 touches too many rather than playing the pass.
Worrall 7 - Work rate was second to none and his direct running caused problems, but i'm not convinced he can cross a ball with any quality.
Pigott - 6 Showed some signs of promise early on and certainly has a good touch, at least we've now got a viable alternative to Corr.
Coulthirst - 5 Poor early on, then started to show some desire. His running with the ball is good but he wasted 3 good chances, the last showed worrying signs of selfishness - 2 players were better placed yet he decided to take the shot (and scuffed it).

SUBS

Weston - 6 Did ok - made a good run with his first touch and won a corner - then Brown decided to shift him upfront.
Atkinson - Not enough time to rate.

Ok - three 0-0's in a row at home, what have we learnt? We are solid at the back and Brown's right to say this is the basis for any success. However we must start taking more risks, especially at home - it's all very well drawing 0-0 but I think if we'd have been bolder in the 3 games we would have got more points, let's be honest in all three games the 3 points were there for the taking, even if we'd won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 we'd be one point better off.

Second point - Weston and Coulthirst are not strikers, they're wingers. Both have shown absolutely no natural instinct inside the box and I've lost count of how many clear cut chances they've wasted between them. Weston especially annoys me, he's always been a winger at every previous club, and he's a winger with a poor goal scoring record, yet apparently he decides he wants to be a striker and we sign him on the basis that he will play up front despite the fact he can't shoot!
AA%20facepalm.gif

Coulthirst isn't much better, any chance he has is either scuffed or shanked.

The most annoying point for me was Atkinson coming on for Coulthirst. Nothing against Atko, I think he's a good player, but why shift Weston upfront? He's been useless as a striker, surely that's the time to give Williams a go, if not why recall him from the loan spell?

Agreed, I gave up because that aint football to me,it's dour and painful to watch and lacks what makes the game so great...goals ! How can a bunch of professional footballers fail to put the ball into that massive target is way beyond me.
Didn't think the game was dour or painful to watch at all today but then you wouldn't know would you. Glad I was there instead of infront of my computer. Im sure the vast majority will agree. If you give up just because the team aren't playing how you want them to then whats the point of pretending to support the club when you don't. It seems shrimperzone has become a gap filler in your life as you have nothing else better to do. Hope you've had a great day lol

Didn't think the game was dour or painful to watch at all today but then you wouldn't know would you. Glad I was there instead of infront of my computer. Im sure the vast majority will agree. If you give up just because the team aren't playing how you want them to then whats the point of pretending to support the club when you don't. It seems shrimperzone has become a gap filler in your life as you have nothing else better to do. Hope you've had a great day lol

Is Deegan black !!

Haha Mr Romford man who probably never even goes to any games haha.

Can somebody explain why we called Jason Williams back? I make that 4 games he's been back for and a combined total of 10 mins through 2 sub appearances..

Surely better to of left him out on loan where he was playing and scoring?!
So now we don't need players on the bench for all positions in case of injury ? Still it gives you something to moan about.

No no no no !

Wycombe and Burton have left us in their wake so we at best are looking at 3rd,these draws are not good enough as we are now 5 points from 3rd with this team under Brown misfiring on all cylinders.

Our record against the better teams is simply woeful and we still have several games remaining against the better teams,being optimistic is fantastic and I applaud you for that BUT the truth is I fear we won't even qualify for the play offs and even if we did I cannot see us scoring enough goals to not only reach the final but actually win at Wembley.

without wanting to sound like a Vietnam war veteran, you werent there man, you werent there.

im commenting having seen all but 1 home game and a couple of aways. the stats back me up in virtually every game. you are blinded by the lack of goals into thinking a game cant be entertaining and that there is no possibility of goals. for me everything is there bar the goals, whereas for you the lack of goals means you blank out the rest of the game.

Glad im in Melbourne , i wouldnt pay good money to see 0-0 draws week in week out , rather pay to see a thrilling 4-3 loss ,but then again most of you seem happy with 0-0 draws and a point gained instead of thinking its a home game so really its 2 points lost,i would take a 0-0 away from home as a point gained
PB should come clean on whats happened between him and Clifford, also should pick the team on merit not make it personal ,if thats what it is between him and Clifford

So, you'd rather see us lose, we'll go far with that idealism.

without wanting to sound like a Vietnam war veteran, you werent there man, you werent there.

im commenting having seen all but 1 home game and a couple of aways. the stats back me up in virtually every game. you are blinded by the lack of goals into thinking a game cant be entertaining and that there is no possibility of goals. for me everything is there bar the goals, whereas for you the lack of goals means you blank out the rest of the game.

You have your view and I have mine,yet the table tells us we are becoming adrift from the top 3 and in football if you cannot score goals you ain't winning anything.

Oh sorry super coach the man who taught world beaters Hahahaha a legend in his own mind.
Must annoy the hell out of you that everyone else on the forum seems to know more than you do, haven't you realised you're in a minority of about 3 ?

As for my coaching achievements they are real and written into the record books and history forever, no need to prove anything to an anonymous no mark on a forum.

I am strongly in favour of people posting opposing views but I think you just deliberately set out to wind people up, the zone would be a better place without you in my opinion as you offer no support to the club whatsoever.

Must annoy the hell out of you that everyone else on the forum seems to know more than you do, haven't you realised you're in a minority of about 3 ?

As for my coaching achievements they are real and written into the record books and history forever, no need to prove anything to an anonymous no mark on a forum.

I am strongly in favour of people posting opposing views but I think you just deliberately set out to wind people up, the zone would be a better place without you in my opinion as you offer no support to the club whatsoever.

Me winding up!

You entered this thread and your second post was to take the micky or banter as you put it,like many on here you can dish it out but cannot take it back supercoach.

Mrs Blue , until you again go to actually watch a game , your views , unless non specific , are next to worthless.

Me winding up!

You entered this thread and your second post was to take the micky or banter as you put it,like many on here you can dish it out but cannot take it back supercoach.
I can take anything from people who's opinions I respect, that means 99% of other posters, you are amongst the 1% who offer nothing other than constant whining.

Mrs Blue , until you again go to actually watch a game , your views , unless non specific , are next to worthless.[/QUOTE

I haven't talked about the game though because that would be impossible as I wasn't there !

i offered my opinion on the way the season s panning out which anybody can agree or disagree even ignore,either way it won't change the results.

Far too many draws for my liking, slowly slipping away from the automatic spots. Powder puff strike force. Coulthirst couldn't kick the skin off a rice pudding. Defence at 6 and 7's with Bentley having to save the day.

Piggott is a plus, looks like he could be a handful and seems confident. Hopefully another striker and a defender and it can be turned around. Just wish I'd had the sense to throw a few quid at a 0-0 today.

I'm personally hoping we get another striker in and send Coulthirst back.

coulthirst may have missed a couple of finishes, but he was the best attacking outlet on the pitch. he was the only player out there capable of (and doing) creating his own chances.

i realise (from some fans around me) that some people never see the good certain players do and the bad others do (hence the overuse of the terms 'unlucky jack' and 'get off coulthirst, youre ****)

Back