• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 AFC Wimbledon

But it’s the whole season and not just this game.
If we hadn’t Conceded in the Ninety seventh minute against Blackpool things may have been different but we did. I know he’s been unlucky but it can’t all be down to bad luck.
Scunthorpe was the final nail for me.
I don’t wish him ill but I want Southend to stay in this division.

Barnsley was the final nail for me; losing 3-0 to a team down to 10 is inexcusable.

Even if we sack CP now, I think it's too late.

Turner is well and truly done, I refuse to believe any reasoning in starting him.
The result was always going to happen with 5 at the back at home. A complete tactical disasterclass which from Brown era shows does not work. I recall at early Powell appointment if things aren’t working, reform back to 442.

Subs were made way too late.
It really is unfortunate it has to end like this for Chris Powell but football really is an unforgiving, competitive game and he needs to go.

Great decision to start Oxley Chris. A real doozie. How does Turner keep getting games? Goodbye Powell, thanks for your efforts but it just isn’t enough.

JOE Pigott sent Southend United into deeper trouble towards the foot League One table on his return to Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

I fail to understand why Powell put Oxley back in and why some zoners wanted him back in. Yes Bishop has made some mistakes, but he has made some fantastic saves too. It doesnt help when the majority of the team infront of you are playing ****. Hopeless team selection, hopeless tactics from Powell.

I was really looking forward to a trip to Ipswich next season, now it seems more likely to be Solihull Moors or Salford ! :Takethat:

There is no doubt we have had more than our share of bad luck. However, you also have to make your own luck to a certain extent.We have not won now for 10 games. In order to win you need to score goals (or at least one more goal than the opposition). We have struggled as we opted for defence rather than offence, that is not luck its a choice.

At home we have lost the most league games in our history..........think about that. We have lost to some ordinary teams. I said earlier in the week we needed to work out how to win, not just personnel, but tactically, how to make the most of free kicks, corners etc.

I know we are short of strikers, but having preferred Wabo in midweek and in his short role he looked quite lively and with his pace caused some problems against Scunthorpe, but oddly wasn't even on the bench! Maybe he got injured in training..?

Then there are the substitutions. Why wait (quite a while after Dons had scored before making a change......what message was that sending..?

I have, up to now, not called for Powell to go, mainly as I didn't think Ron would get rid of him as he made such a statement when he arrived as he saw Chris here for the long term (so I'm not sure about the length of his contact - can we afford to sack him?).

Yes things look bleak now, but from now there is only one way to go and only one way to go about it.......

I fail to understand why Powell put Oxley back in and why some zoners wanted him back in. Yes Bishop has made some mistakes, but he has made some fantastic saves too. It doesnt help when the majority of the team infront of you are playing ****. Hopeless team selection, hopeless tactics from Powell.

He's more experienced than Bishop.QED.Wouldn't blame him for the goal either.Thought that was down to Turner.

Who'd be a football manager? We played well today. Set up well. Then a catastrophic error from two senior players and he might be out of his job

No we didn't. In a game that had gale force swirling winds, we hoofed it and payed head tennis. Wimbledon players wanted it more, knew how to pass to another Wimbledon player.

Playing one up front at home and not having players supporting that lone striker properly is the ends for Powell

Thank god with all his experience and leadership qualities Oxley came straight back in to the side after such a long absence.. oh and then to be the reason we concede, great decision Chris.

Of all the decisions Powell’s been making recently, bringing back Oxley is one of the better ones. We’ve been conceding shed loads so bringing in a experienced keeper is a no brainer. Not having a pop at Bishop but he’s a kid getting his confidence shot to bits. By most accounts Turner was more at fault than Oxley.

Back