• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 AFC Wimbledon

Remind me how many senior goals Wabo has?

He's hardly had a chance to score senior goals when he's been given only a few minutes on the pitch occasionally has he? But in the little time that he has been on he has created space for Cox and looked threatening.

OK, let's a put reasoned head on this - and I'm not defending Powell.
We get a decent striker in Tom Hopper - and injury deprives us of him.
And then when we get going with another decent striker in Stephen Humphrys - and injury deprives us of him too.
We have a decent left-back in Ben Coker - but guess what?
Kiernan has been absent for far too long as well.
Other assorted injuries means a settled side is next to impossible.
I think Powell knows that when we go a goal down, heads go too. Many here have alluded to it.
So we have to nick a goal when we can, and we can't.
I'll bet a gold pig, although that might be a bit raw just now, CP would have avoided a fair few if he could, and anyone who thinks the likes of Steve Evans will fix it with the wave of a wand is deluded.

Of all the decisions Powell’s been making recently, bringing back Oxley is one of the better ones. We’ve been conceding shed loads so bringing in a experienced keeper is a no brainer. Not having a pop at Bishop but he’s a kid getting his confidence shot to bits. By most accounts Turner was more at fault than Oxley.

Can’t disagree more. The fact that our club captain wasn’t wearing the armband on his return today speaks volumes for his leadership qualities that some have tried to convince me we missed. Yes Bishop has made a few mistakes but tell me of a goalkeeper that doesn’t. Bringing Oxley in from the cold in a game of this magnitude was a mistake and it’s proved costly. To add to that, for me Bishop certainly has more potential and in my opinion isn’t far from being at Oxley level as it is.

That was Oxley’s fault, could have come out and booted it, he didn’t, was too nervous and got beaten to the ball.

Also, Turner is so slow I can’t believe it, he’s just finished

He's more experienced than Bishop.QED.Wouldn't blame him for the goal either.Thought that was down to Turner.

Oxley did OK - Turner hung him out to dry - he should have hacked it into row Z as they say. Turner was conserving energy - he was completely knackered. Lennon and Kiernan were the problem - they left everything to Turner. Lennon looks a donkey to me more Steve Hatter than Pat Scully.

'I fail to understand why Powell put Oxley back in '

maybe a contractual obligation? If he's fit, he has to play?

'I fail to understand why Powell put Oxley back in '

maybe a contractual obligation? If he's fit, he has to play?
Seriously? I think you need to bone up on how professional football works.
Have never heard of that, and I've been on the inside, in 57 years of following the game.

Your clause reads: 'If X is fit, he has to be included in the team' !!!!!!!!

BTW, Oxley has been fit for while now, but Bishop was doing OK.

BTW, Oxley has been fit for while now, but Bishop was doing OK.

agrred, so give me a logical explination...... ?

Can’t disagree more. The fact that our club captain wasn’t wearing the armband on his return today speaks volumes for his leadership qualities that some have tried to convince me we missed. Yes Bishop has made a few mistakes but tell me of a goalkeeper that doesn’t. Bringing Oxley in from the cold in a game of this magnitude was a mistake and it’s proved costly. To add to that, for me Bishop certainly has more potential and in my opinion isn’t far from being at Oxley level as it is.

Well I’m not a football coach so couldn’t possibly answer your last point. As for who wears the arm band I think is a decision for Powell and the fact that ever present Cox was made captain doesn’t necessarily say anything at all about the leadership quality of the keeper.

For the sake of looking for at least one positive from that shambles of a match I thought Hart had a really good game and was my MotM. He was caught out of position far less than usual, made some great challenges and was also our most threatening player, aside from Bunn he seems to be the only player that fancies taking on defenders. Hopefully he keeps playing like that for the rest of the season.

I have backed CP up until just before the start of this game. I saw the line up and couldn't believe it. Turner instead of Moore? Yearwood still left out with the midfielders playing rubbish and needing a break? Playing one up front at home against the bottom club? Trying to catch them on the break at home? Sorry Chris, your time is up.

I could’ve written this myself.

I saw the lineup and was immediately disappointed. Powell must have been the only person in the whole place who would’ve picked Turner. Totally baffling.

Back