• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 AFC Wimbledon

He won't get any if he doesn't get given a chance
He only gets a chance if Powell thinks he's ready, and in Powell's defence he has given youngsters opportunities. I'm not sure what the issue is with Wabo, but Brown didn't seem to fancy him either.

Powell's major failing was leaving us with just 2 senior strikers, and even Humphrys at 21 with something like 50 senior appearances is pretty green.

Last edited:
CP: “When games are like that you’ve got to come away with soemthing. We got punished after not taking a chance so it’s not going our way. I feel for the players but more importantly the supporters. There’s still a lot to play for and we have enough to turn it around.”

CP: “We have eight games but we haven’t won for quite a few now. Everything that could go against us has done. We planned well, rested well and we had the better passages of play and you’re just looking for something to go in your favour but it hasn’t.”

Powell: "We're finding it tough and confidence is low. It's a result which is tough to take."

Powell: "You always fear for your future as a manager. People will be negative and I understand that but I always have belief in myself. I have to look at myself and the group and be positive."

This was always my biggest fear with SCP coming back and managing the team that the supporters would eventually get on his back when things were not going right.
I don’t disagree with some of the comments posted on here and you do have to question some of his management decisions and tactics but, I also believe that the players need to take a long hard look at themselves also.

I was back for the Blackpool & Scunthorpe games. Both games I thought we had patches when I thought, we're a good passing team. Certainly the first 20 minutes against Scunthorpe. I couldn't see us losing. However, something's not right. Yes, the injuries have had a big impact on us, especially up front. But we lose our focus and confidence and seem unwilling to try some of the younger players. Don't want to go down. Scunthorpe on a cold, windy Tuesday night is bad enough, but away at Grimsby or Morecambe is worse. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this. We should give CP until the end of the season. Not sure getting rid just now will help.

Just listened to Powell on BBC Essex. Basically it's McLaughin's fault we lost as he missed our ONLY chance. Nothing to do with his defensive tactics of five at back and only Cox up front.
Sounded very down. Only cheers up when Allicer ask him about being sacked.

The writings been on the wall for weeks and with such an important game we lost to a poor side.Again selection,set up and certain players performances well below acceptable standards.

Back