• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

its perfectly possible that players can be in without the manager being there. the day after a game is usually for recovery and warm downs. I cant see what phil brown would have to do with that anyway?

I will be glad when Mrs Hunt has the baby, maybe he could then concentrate on his football. We were playing OK before Worrall went off. Strange injury, he just jumped for the ball to flick it on totally unmarked, then couldn't move his leg? Could be hamstring, or back?

Game was lost as soon as PB made the substitution, changing to the diamond in midfield. Chesterfield never threatened at all other than long shots all game, only got into dangerous positions once or twice, and it looked destined for another drab 0-0, as we weren't much better.

Looks less of a penalty on the highlights than I thought at the time.

Just hope we can turn this form around a little bit over the next 5 or 6 games, otherwise we are going to be finishing lower mid table.

Coker was surprisingly off form yesterday.
As before he had the operation and was not in great form, I'm not convinced that Coker is fully fit. He was thrown back into it as soon as he was back in training due to not being able to extend Hendrie's loan for seemingly financial reasons, and the games have since been coming thick and fast. If we had an alternative here he would have been rested undoubtedly, let's just hope that his fitness is being managed and Brown isn't just wearing him down.

Bentley 6 Did nothing of note other than conceded.

White 5 defended well but offered little going forward.
Bolger 4 Really poor play throughout and awful distribution
Barrett 5 Same old but seems to be getting slower
Coker 5 Average and nobody in front of him to link with
Worrall 7 the best player on the pitch until being injures
Deegan 3 was he playing?
Atkinson 4 headless chicken. Run run run. That's about it
Wordsworth 4 great when the goings good. And garbage when things get tough.
Payne 5 Just didn't get going
Barnett 7 The only player who played like he wanted it
Subs Hunt 4 Just didn't have any influence on the match
McQueen 6 looked lively but had no effect
Mooney 4 typical mooney

Brown 1 out of 10. Awful team selection awful substitutions and frankly the energy and enthusiasm shown by the players was that of a team that is not playing for their manager.

Proper shower of **** today and didn't deserve the 7500 paying customers.

Yes Deegan was the one who went deep to collect the ball on numerous occasions to try and avoid the ball being lumped forward. He probably also made the most accurate passes as well as on at least 2 occasions played inch perfect diagonal balls to the feet of Worrall and then Coker. He kept his cool, was the peacemaker twice during the game. Along with Payne, was probably our best player out there.

I will be glad when Mrs Hunt has the baby, maybe he could then concentrate on his football. We were playing OK before Worrall went off. Strange injury, he just jumped for the ball to flick it on totally unmarked, then couldn't move his leg? Could be hamstring, or back?

Game was lost as soon as PB made the substitution, changing to the diamond in midfield. Chesterfield never threatened at all other than long shots all game, only got into dangerous positions once or twice, and it looked destined for another drab 0-0, as we weren't much better.

Looks less of a penalty on the highlights than I thought at the time.

Just hope we can turn this form around a little bit over the next 5 or 6 games, otherwise we are going to be finishing lower mid table.

he got a nasty cut down the back of his knee, requiring about 10 stitches.

Nope, in the west stand there was booing for Mooney , suppose it's where you sit really. But Mooney was booed and then lambasted for the time he was on the pitch , really productive from people citing themselves as fans

Shame on those fans if you correct.

'Citing themselves as fans' and 'shame'. Personally I am a Mooney fan and would not boo him but I wonder why some fans set themselves up as superior to those that choose to berate?

There is constant questioning on this site about how genuine or dedicated certain fans are. Fans are fans. Some respond with huge levels of positive comment, and display incredible tolerance, whilst others vent their frustration. That's human nature.

Whether you are pro PB or not, or whether you feel the players are up to it or not, the one glaring fact remains is that there is room for improvement. The management and players produce Jekyll and Hyde performances. Many of our wins, as last season, have come without ever looking convincing. There are times when our play can look really good but overall those times are very few and far between. Of course this will frustrate supporters and in fairness its high time something that resembles consistency was found.

We are in a good position in the league for our first season back but expectation is fluid. Many would have taken tenth at this stage if offered it before the campaign began but, rightly, expectation has been amended by the fans because of the results we got and are its easy to find some of the recent form incredulous.

We have a team that has displayed a togetherness and more often than not a very good work ethic. Sadly, as with last season, we lack creative flair and are still damned clueless of how to get a consistent performance out of a striker. Tango the Tinkerman, for me, still lacks the imagination required to set the side up in the final third. It very nearly cost us last season and is currently a stumbling block to positive results. Hopefully he will get to grips with it sooner rather than later.

This season could have been a lot better than it is. The season could still improve. Its not over until Alison Moyet sings.

As before he had the operation and was not in great form, I'm not convinced that Coker is fully fit. He was thrown back into it as soon as he was back in training due to not being able to extend Hendrie's loan for seemingly financial reasons, and the games have since been coming thick and fast. If we had an alternative here he would have been rested undoubtedly, let's just hope that his fitness is being managed and Brown isn't just wearing him down.

Yes its a shame about Hendrie going back. If anything I would have used both he and Coker on the left, with either in the wide mid/winger position, to give us width.

'Citing themselves as fans' and 'shame'. Personally I am a Mooney fan and would not boo him but I wonder why some fans set themselves up as superior to those that choose to berate?

There is constant questioning on this site about how genuine or dedicated certain fans are. Fans are fans. Some respond with huge levels of positive comment, and display incredible tolerance, whilst others vent their frustration. That's human nature.

Whether you are pro PB or not, or whether you feel the players are up to it or not, the one glaring fact remains is that there is room for improvement. The management and players produce Jekyll and Hyde performances. Many of our wins, as last season, have come without ever looking convincing. There are times when our play can look really good but overall those times are very few and far between. Of course this will frustrate supporters and in fairness its high time something that resembles consistency was found.

We are in a good position in the league for our first season back but expectation is fluid. Many would have taken tenth at this stage if offered it before the campaign began but, rightly, expectation has been amended by the fans because of the results we got and are its easy to find some of the recent form incredulous.

We have a team that has displayed a togetherness and more often than not a very good work ethic. Sadly, as with last season, we lack creative flair and are still damned clueless of how to get a consistent performance out of a striker. Tango the Tinkerman, for me, still lacks the imagination required to set the side up in the final third. It very nearly cost us last season and is currently a stumbling block to positive results. Hopefully he will get to grips with it sooner rather than later.

This season could have been a lot better than it is. The season could still improve. Its not over until Alison Moyet sings.

Have you not seen her in a while? She is hardly big anymore so not a great person to use in that analogy

Its not all doom and gloom!! We have had a few poor results lately against the bottom sides.we were lucky against crewe to get a point and yesterday was awful and deserved to loose but for some reason we allways seem to play crap against these struggling teams! Next up is high flying barnsley who have been on a great run, but southend love playing these types of games and seem to raise there game against the better teams! I wouldent be at all suprised if we at least got a draw or nicked the win.

Yes Deegan was the one who went deep to collect the ball on numerous occasions to try and avoid the ball being lumped forward. He probably also made the most accurate passes as well as on at least 2 occasions played inch perfect diagonal balls to the feet of Worrall and then Coker. He kept his cool, was the peacemaker twice during the game. Along with Payne, was probably our best player out there.
This is spot on and I can only assume that those who continually give him low ratings on these threads are Deegan haters who would mark him down regardless of what he does, either that or they really are clueless. I was so bored yesterday I even considered making notes about how many successful / unsuccessful passes he made just to be able to shut up the rabid haters with some facts then thought nah **** em lol

S
Have you not seen her in a while? She is hardly big anymore so not a great person to use in that analogy

I admit it's many a year since I last saw the Moyet but hopefully I will catch the odd glimpse of her at RH when she remembers her roots :)

I thought a draw would have been fair result, choker than their goal came from one of our attacks, Coker committed and stretched for ball he was never going to get, they break and Bolger makes probably his first mistake at back (with a weak attempt to clear) and Novak (remember where you heard it first) did the rest. We should have had a pen, agreed Mooney likes a tumble but if it wasn't a pen why wasn't he booked for diving? Apparently the referee assessor said it was penalty afterwards. Barnett the pick of the bunch for me and as he didn't appear that aggrieved at coming off I can only assume he was shattered.
PB is what I call a basic manager. I love the passion he gets from his players, but he concentrates on, demands and applauds.....the basics. I think we need more plan C's in his locker.

One thing I remember yesterday was after one of their players had been booked, as he walked past the ref, they clashed shoulders quite heavily. I was waiting for the ref to pull out the red card but it never happened

We were dire yesterday. Much like Tuesday if we'd got anything from that it would have papered over the cracks.

Question marks about offside for their goal but they deserved to win yesterday

We're in March now and Brown still doesn't know his best team. It's a bit of a shambles. I think we've punched above our weight to get this far and our season will now level itself out

Don't get me wrong for a first season back I would have taken mid-table but this hasn't been a strong league at all and I genuinely believe a different manager could get so much more from this group of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were dire yesterday. Much like Tuesday if we'd got anything from that it would have papered over the cracks.

Question marks about offside for their goal but they deserved to win yesterday

We're in March now and Brown still doesn't know his best team. It's a bit of a shambles. I think we've punched above our weight to get this far and our season will now level itself out

Don't get me wrong for a first season back I would have taken mid-table but this hasn't been a strong league at all and I genuinely believe a different manager could get so much more from this group of players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right with different tactics and set up.

Sent back to your iPhone using laptop.

Was out all day yesterday so no chance to read until now, so just sat down with a cup of tea and one of the fondant fancies from the hamper from Betty's tea rooms my daughter got me for Mother's Day to read through :smile:

Absolutely gutted for David Worrall, he looked, as he usually does, a threat and he always manages to make you think something good is going to happen out there, in a way none of our other players do. I don't know where McLaughlin was, and I have no idea on the fitness of Hurst or Weston, but we need to be getting at least one of these fit and functioning because, as long as we continue to play so narrowly, we're going to look boring for a while yet. Maybe let's look at converting O'Neill into a right winger?

As I said Tuesday, the midfield trio of Deegan, Atkinson and Wordsworth does NOT work. There is no leadership, no vision. I am not a massive fan of Deegan's but it was clear to see his frustration at the lack of outlet he had when looking for a forward pass which is why he had to go backwards so often. Having said that, in the role he's playing he has to be able to tackle, and he's clearly been so chastised that he now doesn't have a clue how to.

Wordsworth the most forward of the trio, couple of near chances but not linking with the forward players. Atkinson continues to run and run but not achieve anything, there is no link up play from any of them.

I thought defence looked much improved with White back, he's a much more solid defender than O'Neill and an impressive header of the ball. I also thought the much maligned Bolger had a decent game. Problem is that they're all trying to bypass an unproductive midfield to create chances.

Barnett looked tired to me and was still having to drop deep. It surprises me how little he and Hunt seem to understand each other, though Hunt was asked to play in a role he didn't seem at all suited to. It wasn't his natural game at all. As others have said, it was a strange substitution, I'd have gone with McQueen at that stage.

Payne clear MOTM, just look at the highlights and look at his contribution, it was like that most of the game.

Bentley - 6, didn't do too much wrong, but if he's going to go up for late corners then I want to see him bully the defence a bit more. Distribution wasn't too bad, needed to look at options once Worrall went off.
White - 7, welcome back, nice to see some confidence back in that position. Some good crossing in early on when he and Worrall had some interaction down the right. Needs to get his eye back in as tended to overhit a few times.
Bolger - 7, did ok, and if the crowd got off his back a bit more then they might see he's actually trying really hard, and is composed and solid in that position. He and John work really well together, if John's caught out of position then Bolger's out there and John drops into the middle.
Barrett - 6, got to level a bit of criticism for their goal, we all love him but he's not got the legs he used to have. And, if he's going to go forward then a midfielder should drop back to cover - Lenny or Timlin would have done.
Coker - 6, another who looked happier for the short time Worrall was on. He's getting there, but I do feel he was rushed back too soon
Worrall - 7, worked hard and worked the wings, have seen the pictures, hope the injury's not going to keep him out too long.
Deegan - 6, it's now Deegan "lite", that competitiveness has gone and so has the ability to tackle. Look for the short pass please
Atkinson - 6, looked rather aimless
Wordsworth - 5, struggling to impress at the moment. C&P said he was a bit of a confidence player and we're certainly seeing that
Payne - 8, MOTM, huge credit for never giving up, actually did really well
Barnett - 6, thought he looked very jaded

Subs:
Hunt for Worrall - 6, played too wide and didn't suit him
McQueen for Atkinson - 6, defended better than any of the other midfielders had
Mooney for Barnett - 6, this season's scapegoat

Credit to Chesterfield, I thought they played the ball about very well. Wouldn't agree they came for a draw.

This is spot on and I can only assume that those who continually give him low ratings on these threads are Deegan haters who would mark him down regardless of what he does, either that or they really are clueless. I was so bored yesterday I even considered making notes about how many successful / unsuccessful passes he made just to be able to shut up the rabid haters with some facts then thought nah **** em lol
I used to do the same with prosser, some people make their minds up before a ball is kicked. On the other hand I caught believe how high the scores are for Bolger, it was a huge mistake for their goal- that must be obvious to everyone, and his distribution is beyond awful, far far worse than prossers was. Some are moaning at Barrett for being upfield when they scored, we still out numbered them at the back, how many players do we need back. If we had a corner and he goes up and they broke and scorerd is that His fault aswell

GCV1Gwr.png

Back