• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 Morecambe

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Staff member
For me, a disappointing final league game for at least a year. Will have to satisfy myself with being an exiled Shrimper from 23rd July, but was hoping for a better send off!

The game summed up the season really. Started well, should have been a couple of goals up, conceded an undeserved goal, heads dropped, ran out of ideas and steam.

I hope we keep hold of Corr and Tomlin because I do like the look of that 3-man attack. With a full pre-season behind the 3 of them and a good level of fitness, they will look good next season. The midfield needs strengthening. Lund was an engine today, I'd sign him up, and combining him with Laird and/or Timlin will give us some steel in there but we do lack some culture and technical ability in there. Leonard gave a good account of himself. Still prefer Bentley. Not happy with the balance and ability of the defence. Changes to be made!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

All in all simply not good enough. We all have different views but im glad this season over we need a break recharge recruit and hope for a better season next time round. Thanks for wembley tho boys.

Bored and cold throughout today and if I am brutally honest am glad we have come to the close season as if it had continued for another couple of weeks I think I may have lost the will to live. Over the last few games the football has been nothing of entertaiment or value for money and never have I seen so many empty seats at a final game at Roots Hall

Definitely one to file under "End Of Season Fare".

please tell me Strakers contract is up?

All in all simply not good enough. We all have different views but im glad this season over we need a break recharge recruit and hope for a better season next time round. Thanks for wembley tho boys.

This sums it up perfectly.

Surely the heartbeat of a club is the supporters! We have won only 6 games at home. What is the incentive to come and watch SUFC at Roots Hall! I hear lots about the fans not getting behind the players etc. but we need something to cheer and this season is the worst I can remember in 10 years. As usual disappointed but next season is big season as if we do not improve we will be in same position as Alders*t
Come on you Blues!

Surely the heartbeat of a club is the supporters! We have won only 6 games at home. What is the incentive to come and watch SUFC at Roots Hall! I hear lots about the fans not getting behind the players etc. but we need something to cheer and this season is the worst I can remember in 10 years. As usual disappointed but next season is big season as if we do not improve we will be in same position as Alders*t
Come on you Blues!

Totally agree its been terrible watching SUFC at Roots Hall this season. Even relegation seasons haven't been as bad as this one for home games. Today all we could come up with for highlights from home games this season were the 2nd half against Chesterfield, the fightback against Brentford in the FA Cup and of course the Orient game.

Interesting tweet I saw. This season produced the fewest amount of home goals scored since 1949!

No wonder fans are staying away.

That game replicated probably 10 others at home this season. Teams come to roots hall soke up the little early pressure we produce, score a **** goal and then hold on. Really don't understand our home form.r

my first game, season was 1967-1968.. is this groundhog day!! nowt changes,but when it does, often today does not seem so bad!! 4 th then ,4th now!! better than some : KEEP THE FAITH;IF NOT THE BOOZE

We looked alright until they scored out of the blue. 6 home wins out of 23 is dismal, (lower than the 2 that went down). Been so miserable watching them at home this season. Glad its all over. Now I can suffer and watch Essex have an equally bleak season too.

What a load of rubbish all round. I hope some of these players end up with real jobs like the rest of us, because they are a useless bunch with no heart. Whilst on the subject, can we close the North Bank to home fans and give TBV a free transfer as mocking our own players, Anthony Straker, despite him not being good is not on, and all to the beat of that blessed drum. Well done!

Mr Brown - if that is ending the season on a high then we are fu**ed

So glad this season is over. Been one of the most boring on record. I was so excited at the start of the season but we have not delivered and I am nervous about next season based in what I have seen at the end if this season.

Brown has a big job on his hands in the summer and I hope to god he gets some players in with some fight as most if this lot just roll over and die when it gets tough.

Very disappointing, early spell seemed very encouraging and we should really have had a couple of goals. Some shocking manhandling of both Tomlin and Corr went unpunished and once they realised they were getting away with it, Morecambe were groping them all.

Smith - 6, came out a few times to claim, GK coaches need to work on him during the summer
Clohessy - 6, woefully underused on the wing, catastrophic mistake for their goal. Brown hasn't seen the best of him and I regret that we're unlikely to have him next season
Cresswell - 6.5, played ok, him and Prosser can be a decent pairing
Prosser - 6.5, some good challenges, solid as usual
Straker - 6.5, thought he did ok too, got forward well and put a few crosses in
Leonard - 7.5, my MOTM (sorry Rox, can't agree with the sponsors' vote for Hurst!), really like this boy, great versatility and a good peg on him too
Lund - 7, solid, defensive midfielder but got in some forward positions too. Would be pleased to sign him
Hurst - 6, wasn't too sure what his role was, but once we changed shape he got a few runs forward
Eastwood - 7, pleased to see Fred taking the corners as I think he has a decent delivery on him. Put a shift in and personally thought he was taken off too early
Corr - 6, not a particularly good day at the office, got little help from the officials and came over as petulant
Tomlin - 6, pretty much the same as Baz although didn't whinge about it as much

Subs:
Britt for Fred - 7, didn't have a problem with Britt coming on, and seemed full of energy when he did
Pinnock for Tomlin - 7, very encouraging signs from the youngster though needs to practise taking corners at RH!
Njie for Corr - 6, only on a short time and consequently not enough time to make an impression

Officials:
If there is one thing that HAS been pretty consistent this season, it's been the standard of most of the officials we've had. Is it a prerequisite that, to officiate at RH, you have to be dire, over fussy and plain incompetent? :angry:Certainly has seemed that way.

The team were dreadful.
The officials were dreadful.
The behaviour of North Bank- dreadful.

Back