• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-4 Harrogate town

Its one game, he will get them playing in the end, i would say in 5 games time we will be better and start turning it around, was always going to be hard but as long as Mark and the lads know we are all behind them thats all what matters.
We will get better in time.

I'm sorry to say this but what do we expect , you cant rid of all your experience, expect lads to do a job they are not ready for and make a silk purse of a sows ear. I'm not gonna blame the kids or MM in the slightest. The buck stops at the door of Ron,( i know some on here think he is untouchable so what im gonna say might get their backs up.). I've said it before Ron is in it for the development ie, the golden pot at the end of the rainbow, nothing more ,nothing less i still believe this is the first step in the masterplan make our beloved club non league (stadium then no longer required and Fossetts sold to the council to make flats out of). Good luck MM your gonna need it.We've got two hopes of retaining our league status Bob Hope and no hope!!!.

Some massive over reactions on here tonight.
Yes, it was a horrible defeat, but without Dieng and White it was always going to be a rough ride today.
With 2/3 new signings plus the experienced players back in the side things will suddenly look very different.
However difficult it may seem tonight, keep the faith. The tide will turn soon enough. In Molesley we must trust.

Same was said last season (and we was in a better position financially and pre covid).

That was a horror show - bondesque passing out from the back is too high risk for the quality of player we have. Ox getting lots of stick but I suspect he was under instructions to pass out short as he can punt a decent long ball but did not. We also had plenty of free kicks in decent positions where we just passed the ball 5 yards back which seemed crazy. Hutch and Gard need to watch a few videos of Timlin pressing and tackling as Harrogate midfield players had an easy ride today. The team seems to be missing a genuine desire to win games and unless we get some new blood quickly we will be out of the league. Our best player in the last couple of games has been Hobson and despite his mistake today you could see he has potential. If the other young players want a successful career as pro footballers now is the season to stand up and show you have the metal. I hope MM makes the whole team sit through the video of this on Monday and some honest conversations are had. Let’s hope for some new signings next week

My ratings today

Oxley - [2] really poor distribution and unnecessary hospital balls putting us under pressure. Not to mention some questionable goalkeeping at times

Elvis - [4] almost invisible for large parts of the game and resorted to lumping the ball up the wings (may not be totally his fault)

Hobson - [5] was steady apart from one huge mistake

Taylor - [6] did well to keep tabs on a big journeyman forward and made some good challenges

Ralph - [4] needs more game time, lacking match sharpness

Egbri - [6] simply awarded for effort, didn't give up

Hutchinson - [4] needs protection from a bigger, more physical midfielder. Made some silly passing choices and fell asleep on the ball

Gard - [2] was invisible for the majority of the game. I think Harry Phillips has more guile and bite in the midfield.

Green - [6] purely for effort, didn't give up on anything and worked hard

Goodship - [5] poor day from Brandon, but not enough service or forward intent from the rest of the team left him isolated. If he is to play as a no.10, we need to get the ball into areas where he poses a threat

Kelman - [4] got exposed by the bigger, stronger centre backs today. Seemed to be going through the motions

I know a couple of posters on here have suggested the outstanding bill is due to be sorted. This is a massive step which will determine our season and and our potential. I think we need 6-7 new players with experience. Even with some new recruits we probably need another couple of transfer windows to get the balance right. Only then can we push for a top half finish. This season is about survival. Give MM the chance to bring in some players and we will do ok.

I know a couple of posters on here have suggested the outstanding bill is due to be sorted. This is a massive step which will determine our season and and our potential. I think we need 6-7 new players with experience. Even with some new recruits we probably need another couple of transfer windows to get the balance right. Only then can we push for a top half finish. This season is about survival. Give MM the chance to bring in some players and we will do ok.
But will the bill be sorted? RM is seriously running out of time.

Well this Wednesday is the re-arranged showdown. I will be surprised if they adjourn the case again. If it does get adjourned until October then we really are in the mire, or up the creek without a paddle and various other worrying scenarios.

My ratings today

Oxley - [2] really poor distribution and unnecessary hospital balls putting us under pressure. Not to mention some questionable goalkeeping at times

Elvis - [4] almost invisible for large parts of the game and resorted to lumping the ball up the wings (may not be totally his fault)

Hobson - [5] was steady apart from one huge mistake

Taylor - [6] did well to keep tabs on a big journeyman forward and made some good challenges

Ralph - [4] needs more game time, lacking match sharpness

Egbri - [6] simply awarded for effort, didn't give up

Hutchinson - [4] needs protection from a bigger, more physical midfielder. Made some silly passing choices and fell asleep on the ball

Gard - [2] was invisible for the majority of the game. I think Harry Phillips has more guile and bite in the midfield.

Green - [6] purely for effort, didn't give up on anything and worked hard

Goodship - [5] poor day from Brandon, but not enough service or forward intent from the rest of the team left him isolated. If he is to play as a no.10, we need to get the ball into areas where he poses a threat

Kelman - [4] got exposed by the bigger, stronger centre backs today. Seemed to be going through the motions
If that performance had some 4s and 5s in, id hate to see what 1s and 2s look like.

Was the sale of Humphries just to settle the bill.... Even so will there be any money for MM to spend. This is where Sturrocks experience and contacts saved the day in 2010. Just have to hope MM has some contacts at Bournemouth who can provide us with the quality we desperately need to turn this round

Well this Wednesday is the re-arranged showdown. I will be surprised if they adjourn the case again. If it does get adjourned until October then we really are in the mire, or up the creek without a paddle and various other worrying scenarios.

If that debt is settled do we automatically come out of the embargo - I seem to remember reading that there other things also contributing to the embargo ?

The whole team played like strangers understandbly so. A promoted team was the worst possible fixture. They will be a strong team in this league. The spine of the team is dreadful. Oxley looks shot, no dominant centre back, no midfield general and no targetman. All positions Sturrock identified early on when we last went down. How we could do with a Chris Barker or a Barry Corr now. Hell I'd take a blair Sturrock right now.

I’d imagine this must be our heaviest first day defeat in our history! The season is over 45 games though rather than one, I remember a few years back Norwich lost at home to Col U 7-1 on the opening day but Norwich ended the season as champions (not that I am suggesting for a minute the same will happen to us!).

Though we have a few players to return from injury few of them fill me with confidence. I can’t see Dieng being the right calibre of player for a league 2 relegation dogfight, Lennon has looked a liability to me whenever he has (rarely) played, Demetriou looks past his best and although John White has been a great stalwart over the years realistically he should be a squad player at best.

Hopefully there may also be other clubs in dire straits in the EFL’s basement division which could be a salvation for us - though I hoped the situations of Bury/Bolton last year would save us but clearly didn’t!

Was the sale of Humphries just to settle the bill.... Even so will there be any money for MM to spend. This is where Sturrocks experience and contacts saved the day in 2010. Just have to hope MM has some contacts at Bournemouth who can provide us with the quality we desperately need to turn this round

Back