• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 Bristol Rovers

It was Kightly linking up with Hart. Macca was over the other side. But I get your point!
I meant that McLaughlin was one of our main threats and was working well with Humphreys, by sticking him at left back he stopped contributing to the attack and we looked useless.

I meant that McLaughlin was one of our main threats and was working well with Humphreys, by sticking him at left back he stopped contributing to the attack and we looked useless.

He wasn’t working with Hart at all!!! He was on the opposite side of the pitch and made no impact whatsoever!!

Kightly however was working very well with Hart from the same side!!

Can’t wait to hear Powell say how different it would have been if Cox goal wasn’t offside hahaha

Trouble is Cox was onside. We have been let down by the officials yet again
Was he? Cox didn't seem to complain at all so he seemed to think the call was correct.

He was in line with the last defender when the original shot came in. Problem being by the time the lino looks, Cox has moved towards the ball, the lino seems Cox in webber seems an offside position and flags. Lino doesn't take into account the time it's taken him to look from the player shooting to look at Cox

He wasn’t working with Hart at all!!! He was on the opposite side of the pitch and made no impact whatsoever!!

Kightly however was working very well with Hart from the same side!!
Reread my comment, I never claimed he was working with Hart you've misunderstood me. I said taking Hart off was a bad move because it meant McLaughlin had to go to left back, and hence stopped contributing to the attack. How did he make no impact? The offside goal came from McLaughlin's shot and he kept laying off to Humpreys so that he could get a cross in.

Worst performance of the season? Definitely for me. Three home defeats in a row now (four if you count the checkatrade) we're just failing to compete, it's not good enough. I'm starting to seriously worry that we'll get dragged into a relegation battle, only 6 points clear now.

Bishop 6 - Credit for the brilliant double save, moment of the match for me and for that he gets MOM. Not sure if he could have done better for the two goals? He did seem to dither leaving his line for the first. Maybe I'm being harsh, I'll have to watch the highlights to be sure.

Bwomono 5 - At least made the tackle which started the move for our goal. Tried to get forwards, shaky defensively. Annoyed me right at the end by messing around on the ball with seconds remaining, just get it in the box FFS.
Moore 5 - Had an off day but at least tried to pass the ball rather than hoof.
Turner 2 - Looked a complete liability today. Awful.
White 5 - Not great but by no means the worst, like all our defenders today he got caught out of position at times.
Hart 4 - Looks poor going forwards and unsure defensively. No better than Hendrie on the evidence so far.

Mantom 3 - Offered very little. I mentioned recently that he's perhaps our most uninspiriring captain ever, today confirmed it for me. No leadership qualities at all.
Dieng 2 - Embarrasing, he's been poor for months, cruising through games with little to no effort shown. It makes it worse that he's shown in the opening matches of the season that he's capable of so much more. Needs a rocket up his arse.
Yearwood 4 - Poor start, had the shot that led to our goal, and then actually looked reasonably good for a spell either side of half time. Sadly for the last half hour he was terrible, giving the ball away time after time. What on earth's gone wrong?

Cox 6 - Got the goal and at least showed consistent effort unlike most. Had a second ruled out for offside.
Humphrys 5 - A few nice touches but struggled to make a real impact. In fairness the service was poor for most of the game.

Subs
Kightly 6 - Made a difference early in the second half but faded towards the end.
McLaughlin 4 - Barely noticed him bar the shot that preceded Cox's offside 'goal'. Not good enough for a player that's capable of so much more.
Kelman 5 - Didn't have much impact but as with Humphrys the service was poor.

I agree with Ricey that 'embarrassing' is the best word to sum up that performance. Powell needs to improve the team's ability to compete at home quickly, at the moment we're a soft touch, other team's must be relishing a visit to Roots Hall for an easy 3 points.:Cry:

Last edited:
Trouble is Cox was onside. We have been let down by the officials yet again

He was in line with the last defender when the original shot came in. Problem being by the time the lino looks, Cox has moved towards the ball, the lino seems Cox in webber seems an offside position and flags. Lino doesn't take into account the time it's taken him to look from the player shooting to look at Cox

Chasing a game .. we created virtually nothing... how many shots on target did we have???
We deserved to lose

We are not safe from relegation. That was utterly clueless. To lose this many games at home is unforgivable.

Poor tactics, poor work rate, poor passing, poor decision making, poor everything.

Nobody gets more than 4 from me today, Mantom and Yearwood only a 3.

Injuries are no longer an excuse.

Omg stop blaming officials. We haven’t lost 9 home games because of refs or linos

Powell is accused of making changes too late. He made them at half time today and that made a difference. Ultimately didn't pay off but the goal given offside would have been deserved.

We should stick to 442 at home and play the 532/352 thing away

As for blaming officials, the ref gave Clarke Harris a free kick when he went down is stages yet it was perfectly fine for Hart to be shoved virtually into the crowd in front of the ref and lino. The officials have a lot to answer for and although not a decision that directly involves a goal, things like that add up over a period of time

Reread my comment, I never claimed he was working with Hart you've misunderstood me. I said taking Hart off was a bad move because it meant McLaughlin had to go to left back, and hence stopped contributing to the attack. How did he make no impact? The offside goal came from McLaughlin's shot and he kept laying off to Humpreys so that he could get a cross in.

Fair enough, I rea that he’d been linking well with Hart.....I don’t agree that Macca looked a threat at all though. I thought it was a waste of a sub

We need to drop the 3-5-2 and stick with 4-4-2, worked better. The players need to work on their passing too, woeful.

Powell is accused of making changes too late. He made them at half time today and that made a difference. Ultimately didn't pay off but the goal given offside would have been deserved.

We should stick to 442 at home and play the 532/352 thing away

2-1 at half time
2-1 at full time

Made a huge difference

We’ve had 1 shot in each half and the one in the second happened to be offside. We’re not good enough. No one creates anything

We had 3 shots on target. That's one every 30 minutes which is dire. We're 3 points away from the relegation zone.
Just hope someone wakes up and realises how poor things really are.
We can no longer use injuries as an excuse.
We're only a few matches away from panic mode.

2-1 at half time
2-1 at full time

Made a huge difference

We’ve had 1 shot in each half and the one in the second happened to be offside. We’re not good enough. No one creates anything
You just don't like Powell, much like I didn't like Brown. Difference being Brown has virtually a whole squad to choose from. Powell has just over half a squad to choose from

Back