• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Your post match reports and ratings can be posted here. Ken looked frozen to his seat so I have done the honours for him.

Corr was MOM, he was unlucky not to score another a couple of goals. Blair Sturrock is fulfilling everyone's view of him and he is now believing it himself. Sad to be in a crowd that is not supportive, but it is not their fault, as a entertainment business, Martin has killed the golden goose by ditching Tilson n' Brush.........

There is no substitute for quality...

I don't think we played badly, but after Evans let in 2 howlers we were playing against a very defensive team, things would have been different if Evans had saved the goals, and I think we would have won comfortably

Battled well second half but lets just hope Morris is fit soon. I was in the East but looked to me that Evans was to blame for both goals.

Paterson and Corr looked better second half than Sturrock and Corr.
Also, the general comments that a seagull is better value than Soares says it all. What on earth does Luggy see in Soares?

Ref was usual dire appointment....

Not interested in thinking any more about it. I'm still freezing

Well after the last 2 games I was hopeful we had turned the corner howong I was. Definitly the goalkeeper at fault for both goals.
No one had a good game and why was Ferdinand taken off I understand getting Grant on but why take of a youngster who had done nothing wrong and leave Soares on!!
I struggle to find a MoM, and like others think the seagull was the best bit of the game!
It is time to get this team sorted out! I give Grant 7, Herd, Coughlan, Easton 6 out of 10, the rest 5 except the goalie 2, and the new signing Cummings? 7 he at least tried, we missed Boshni without a doubt, second half was better but we must stop playing the long ball all the time, roll on some new signings and some players leaving (soares, for one!)

Why did Ferdinand come off? Was it tactical or did he have a knock?

If he didnt have a knock then hauling him off after 15 minutes is going to completely shatter his confidence for a while :sad:

Strange game, I thought players were either decent or awful today. Grant should have started, "don't change a winning team" they say, but the top managers never seem to worry about changing a winning team. All in all, after 2 goalkeeping errors in the first 5 minutes it was always gonna be tough.

Evans 2 - Cost us the match. Should have tipped the first effort over the bar and the second was like a pass back. I hope we manage to get rid of him

Clohessy 3.5 - Thought it was his worst match for us today
Barker 7 - Didn't have much to do, but dealt comfortably with most
Coughlan 7 - As above and a quality ball out wide to set the move going for our goal
Herd 7 - Looked good going forward, neat and tidy. Got skinned once, but Gilbert was getting skinned every match and added little going forwards.

Easton 5.5 -Awful first half, but played some maheresque balls second half and helped get us going
Ferdinand 4 - Not his fault he got subbed so early, but equally he hadn't shown much in the first 20 minutes.
Hall 6 - Lively and looked to get us back in the game.
Soares 3.5 - Typical soares performance

Sturrock 3.5 - I'm normally a fan, but he had a poor 60 minutes today
Corr 7 - Goal, could have had another couple too. Just gets in the 6 yard box all of the time.

Subs
Grant 8 - Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch
Commeges?? 7 - Looked decent out on the right - hope he starts on Saturday as even not match fit he should be better than sturrock
Paterson 7 - Best I've seen him play this season. Actually looked bothered.

Ref 7 - I thought he was OK, maybe a few decisions went against us when it was 2-1. I won't deduct any marks based on the p poor performance of the East stand lino.

If he didnt have a knock then hauling him off after 15 minutes is going to completely shatter his confidence for a while :sad:

It is known as who is going to blink first..........Sturrock or Grant, I think it was Sturrock, as it looked like an admission to Grant that actually we do need you......

It is known as who is going to blink first..........Sturrock or Grant, I think it was Sturrock, as it looked like an admission to Grant that actually we do need you......

Very frustrating considering how well we played against Oxford. Also find it pathetic how our fans can so quickly turn on our players/management after one game. I know this isn't a new revelation, but it was the same team as against Oxford, didn't see anyone complaining there?

Both goals were Evans' fault. However how people can quickly say 'get Morris back' I do not know. Did anyone see Morris for Bristol City's first goal in the cup? Exactly the same, dived to early and let the ball over his head.

Anyway, a mad five minute spell and the game was pretty much beyond us. However we did make chances, and on another day would have a point or all three and those complaining fans would probably be lauding Sturrock for his tactical changes and how great the team can bounce back. It's a fine line.

That game is beyond us now, time to move on and get behind the team.

Oh and to all of those in the East stand, try singing for the team like you did for the seagull.

Their 2nd actually hit the dry, grassless part of the 6 yard box which took it over Evans. Had it not bobbled off that he'd have saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back