• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought the game was tomorrow hence I had to bang on the doors at half time. Good job somebody texted me to ask me about the red card !

I personally didnt see a lot in the second half. They certainly didnt look like they had 10 men causing us lots of problems.
Dont know why we changed it at the back, seemed to unsettle us and Prosser did well for the part of the game I saw.. I would have stuck Bilel up top.
He looked a bit clumsy today and after two pens were not given earlier which could have the ref had no choice but to give this one.

Great save from Morris, and then a typical Corr header to grab his 20th... good entertaining stuff which I understand was better than the first half I missed.

Weather helped too

If you consider our starting line up next year could be Morris, Clohessy, Bilel, Barker, Gilbert, Grant, Sawyer, Easton, Hall, Corr, Sturrock/Asante/Crawford... .I fancy us to give it a go next year and at least make the playoffs. Will need a deeper squad but the foundations are good.

Very pleased for the following reasons.

1. They are pretty average and do not play "football" at all.

2. Some of their fans are complete gobshites, with a touch of "bigclubitus" about them for some strange reason. They seem to forget they are really a Conference side, having the usual "good season" after promotion to League Two.

3. Nice to end this "nothing" season on a high. Same again for the last few please.

4. Unbeaten at home for 8 games now.

5. Good to see Corr nod his 20th.

6. Nice to have a half decent away support for once, which lifted the atmosphere and provided some decent bant.

7. We ****ed on their parade. 1-0 in your cup final.

8. Thanks. Much love.

Last edited:
definitely a very satisfying victory....shows how poor this division is that a team like Stevenage is in the play off places. They are just a team full of "big" blokes who can't play football but will always be competitive because they put themselves about...nothing has really changed for them since I saw them a few times in non league.

deserved red card and overall we had the better chances, thought the ref let them away with alot...great save my Morris with the penalty and I was suprised that Moshi was not put up front to unsettle them. Grant really is doing himself no favours with misplaced pass after misplaced pass. Sawyer looked much better when he came on and Hall and Corr had good games...Barry goal was very well taken and not unlike Kanes a few weeks back.

TBV in great voice and it's a while since I could not talk after a game...Boro fans signing about wanting to go home, people who live in glass houses should not throw rocks

Great result on such a lovely day...perrrrfect

Thoughly enjoyed today - we seemed to have stepped up a gear just a shame we have left it too late.
I have to say though that I was very worried when Moshni came on as I did not think it was the right game for him today. He has got to be one of our better "finds" although, I still believe he has a lot to learn but with the right nurtering will be a formibable figue in the team next season and without doubt no-one can question his passion and enthusiasm for wanting to play.
Poor old Clohessey's face very lucky not to have sustained an eye injury.

Think the FA need to take a long hard look at the standard of referree's this season

Thoughly enjoyed today - we seemed to have stepped up a gear just a shame we have left it too late.
I have to say though that I was very worried when Moshni came on as I did not think it was the right game for him today. He has got to be one of our better "finds" although, I still believe he has a lot to learn but with the right nurtering will be a formibable figue in the team next season and without doubt no-one can question his passion and enthusiasm for wanting to play.
Poor old Clohessey's face very lucky not to have sustained an eye injury.

Think the FA need to take a long hard look at the standard of referree's this season

I think moshni takes a while to settle into a game, possibly nerves? but I agree I didnt really think he needed to go at the back. I thought he would go up front but obviously not. I think he's a player who is a starter and finds it hard to get into the game coming on as a sub. He really needs to hold his posistion and not chase the ball. he eagerness is brilliant but sometimes it cost us. Today we got lucky that the pen was saved. Still his no 1 fan tho :)!!!!!

Well I actually thought Stevenage's big blokes were very good, they were strong and pacey and caused us problems at time, the problem was that their midfield couldn't work off them. I'll give them credit though I thought they were a pretty organised outfit.

Sawyer will probably be viewed by many as a gamechanger, as he did extremely well when he came on and we created clear chances with him being instrumental, he also gave us some drive and energy just as we were starting to sag and we weren't really making our numeric advantage count. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll make the same impact though from the start.

Morris - MOTM - 8.5 - Excellent penalty save and marshalled his box really well. One dodgy kick due to the hard bobbly pitch but otherwise I thought he was excellent.

Clohessy - 5.5 - Poor game by his standards, his deliveries were poor.

Coughlan - 6.5 - Used his body well against the strong Stevenage frontline

Barker - 7.5 - Fantastic both at centre half and left back, got something on it even if it was a half header or a diving block. He really is a quality player

Prosser - 6.5 - I thought he defended ok but when he gets the ball across the back 4 it all goes a bit wrong. Good shot at the end of the 1st half.

Hall - 8.5 Drive and energy and some excellent deliveries, including a superb corner for Corr's goal.

Grant - 6 - Probably the worst I've seen him play in a long while, he looked slow and uninterested and although he defended pretty well he was the main reason we either gave the ball away or slowed the game down too much. Could rest him and play Sawyer?

Ferdinand - 6.5 - Defended and read the game well

Easton - 6.5 - I thought he was pretty quiet but when he was able to get his foot on the ball he used it well

Crawford - 6 - Didn't do much except to blast one excellent chance over

Corr - 8 - Excellent performance, battled hard and a bullet header for the goal

Subs:

Sawyer - 8 - Ran at the tiring Stevenage defence and created some great chances with good link up play

Mohsni - 5 - First touch is with his hand, and that should have been a pen. Pretty much his next touch is to foul the striker after being caught the wrong side of him. I couldn't see why he came on in defence really. Love the guy though.

Sturrock - 7.5 - Made a real impact, just missed with a great header and linked play up well with Sawyer and Corr.

Ref - 6 - The red card and pen were right, however the Mohsni hand ball probably could have been a pen too. Thought he just about kept a lid on things but we can't rely on the ref just because a big strong team come along and we don't like it.

AWWHH They are really annoyed about the referee today etc.

http://www.sbfcbanter.co.uk/boro.mpl?id=485586

'We played the better football on the ground. We got the ball into their half with ease at times' Really?

Classic!

Oh and this other classic

'Southend are a team made up of loan players. Shouldn't be allowed for bankrupt teams to compete this way. that loop hole needs to be closed.'

Yep, all of those bloody loan players. Classic number 2.

And this one

'AWFUL performance by the ref today. We were robbed of a point which really could have pushed us up the league.'

The first point I agree with, robbed of a point? I fail to understand that.

Classic number 3.

Wow I could analyse and read this forever. HAHAAHAHAHA! Non League bore! Glad they enjoyed their day out though! LOL LOL LOL!

'We played the better football on the ground. We got the ball into their half with ease at times' Really?

Classic!

'Southend are a team made up of loan players. Shouldn't be allowed for bankrupt teams to compete this way. that loop hole needs to be closed.'

And this one

'AWFUL performance by the ref today. We were robbed of a point which really could have pushed us up the league.'

Classic number 3.

Wow I could analyse and read this forever. HAHAAHAHAHA! Non League bore! Glad they enjoyed their day out though! LOL LOL LOL!

Love the one about loan players. How many loanees have we got in our side at the moment?

I'll give you a clue Stevenage, its one of these two numbers................... 1-0 :hilarious: :finger2:

Classic!

And this one

Classic number 3.

And just like Boston their fade and die,non league set up waiting for the inevitable slip back to non league normality.

The best thing is that Stevenage have more players on loan than us.

Very enjoyable game! Stevenage looked nothing like a play-off side, goes to show how poor this division is. They had alot of big players and held the ball well up front, but as mentioned before...their midfield simply didn't deliver.
Cracking atmosphere, if only more teams brought that many down. UTB!

Morris 7.5 - Fantastic save for the penalty, good handling, definately our number 1 for next season!
Clohessy 7 - This is the Clohessy I remember! Nasty gash on his face though, their player getting sent off was the correct decision. No reason to have your feet THAT high.
Coughlan 6.5 - Great in the air but really struggled for pace.
Barker 6 - Couple of occasions he looked shaky, luckily their number 2 is **** at shooting.
Prosser 6.5 - Looks better at left back, but needs to work on his distribution.
Hall 8 - First half performance was class, worked his socks off! Maybe that was his downfall for the second half. Couldn't have been easy playing in that heat.
Grant 5.5 - Once again kept giving the ball away, why on earth is he playing so defensive? Such a waste of his attacking talent!
Ferdinand 6.5 - Rightfully subbed, quiet one from Kane.
Easton 5 - Was he even on the pitch? Needs to regain fitness.
Crawford 6.5 - Had two good chances to score, so refreshing seeing him given a decent run. Gives us an additional goal threat!
Corr 7 - Won very little in the air, by his standards anyway. To be expected given the size of Boro's defense. Powerful header! Well deserved 20th of the season.

Subs:
Sawyer 7 - Creativity and driving the opposition on the backfoot, can't wait to see what he can do with a full pre-season under his belt.
Mohsni 5 - Hard not to love the guy, but he's such a liability, cash in on him if someone is crazy enough. Some refs would've blown for handball, I thought it was a penalty, hands were quite high up. Silly foul for the actual penalty, the striker was waiting for contact, and he bought it.
Sturrock 6.5 - Unlucky with the header, which was surprisingly a good effort. Heard ALOT of booing when he came on, bit harsh. Save the abuse for outside the ground.

Ref had a shocker! Stevenage fans can moan all they like, but more than half what they were shouting for, was nothing!

My son and I were in the Peak District so we lent our seasos to a mate and his boy. They weren't that taken with the game and said that several balls were lost because the ball spent so much time in the air and that the midfield were pretty much bypassed. They reckoned that we only started to get the ball down and play when Sawyer came on. If that's right it's such a shame considering how good our passing and movement were (apart from the first 15 minutes) against Bradford. They thought the end was pretty exciting though. I was dead chuffed to hear that Corr got his twentieth goal - so much rubbish has been written about him on here! Well done Barry.

I thought Stevenage were a bunch of kids. They must only of had possession a couple of times in the first half so they resulted to violence. Losers. Great save by Morris. First time I've seen them win all season. Had they played like that all season, we'd have made the playoffs. The team fought until the bitter end.

For a game with not too much at stake, like everyone else on here ended up delighted with the victory especially after the often cynical play by stevenage. I felt to begin with the ref was letting too much go and seemed a bit weak but at the end of the day he gave what I believe is his first red card (micks refwatch) to a diabolical challenge, issued I dont know how many yellow cards and turned down two stevenage appeals for penalties. All in all not too bad I thought.

I was surprised that their manager didnt make any substitutions in the seond half what with only having 10 men chasing around and half the team on yellow cards. Paul Sturrock 1 Graham Westley 0 I think.

Agree sawyer looked very good when he came on and had hoped Mohsni would play up front especially after penalty incident but then he did make some well needed headers late on so what do I know. Anyway well chuffed tonight.

On their forum, they still insist half our team is full of loans. We have zero loanees. Clueless bitter non-leaguers.

Back