• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its turning into a decent end to the season! We are getting better, the team is really starting to gel and we look far more "together" these days. I wasnt happy when Tilly was sacked and Sturrock arrived, but after the minor miracles that he has worked this season under very difficult circumstances I can now safely say I'm a Paul Sturrock fan!

Thought that Stevenage looked like a bunch of bruisers, and if this is how they have played all season all I can conclude is that they have battered and bullied their way into the play off push - it certainly wasnt through playing decent football...

Morris - 8, Didnt have huge amounts to do, but the penalty save was superb and he commanded the area well.

Clohessy - 7, Thought he was lucky to be able to survive that challenge with his face and his sight intact, and thought he was destined to be carted off on a stretcher. Completely justified red card for the thug mascarading as a professional footballer, and not surprisingly I thought that Sean was not at his best after this. Did well to get through the game and didnt make any mistakes, probably our most consistent player this season.

Coughlin - 7.5, Experience definately showed today, knew exactly what to do against the bully boy tactics, and made a very good job of it. Lacking a bit of pace, but who cares? A class act!

Barker - 7, Solid and secure - the defence looks stronger with him in it!

Prosser - 7, Good test for him on the left, as out of position and he had the majority of their attacks to deal with. No nonsence defending - getting the ball out as quickly and effectively as he can isnt very pretty, but it works. Would rather have Prosser on the left than Jonny Herd! Not far away with that shot in the first half either.

Grant - 6, Not looking as confident and as comfortable as he did earlier in the season. Not a bad game, bearing in mind the physical body barging and pushing being sent in his direction, but wasnt able to make inroads. Looked better when Sawyer came on I thought.

Ferdinand - 6, thought he struggled a bit as well - doesnt have the experience to deal with this sort of hoof-ball opposition yet!

Easton - 7, Decent game as usual - thought he had to work harder to compensate for Grant and Ferdinand not getting anywhere. Again, picked up when Sawyer arrived on the pitch.

Hall - 8.5 MOM. Clearly been identified by them as the main man to stop, and despite having lots of attention was able to get through time and again. This should have given us extra room because he was being followed by a least 2 of them, but niether Grant or Ferdinand were able to exploit the extra space. Hall is looking very impressive - hope we can hang onto him for next season!

Crawford - 6, inexperience showed, despite putting in the effort. Glad he is getting a run in the side, he deserves the chance to show us how good he is, and what he can do. Right decision to replace him with Blair though, as not really making any impact against their thugs.

Corr - 8, Excellent finish, but didnt think he was as good as other people thought. Looked more lively and had more impact when Blair came on. Glad he's got to 20 - he's the elusive finisher we've been sadly lacking, so we need to keep him!!

Subs:
Sawyer for Ferdinand - 7, Added another dimension to the midfield and opened up the game. Good effort!

Sturrock for Crawford - 8, Very strong, dealt with the dirty tricks and bully boy stuff effortlessly and did the job that Harry couldnt quite pull off. Opened up some space, pulled their defence all over the place and coming close to scoring what would have been a good goal. I still think he's the best partner for Corr, despite his lack of goals...

Mohsni for Prosser - 6, I love Moshni - he's like an overly excitable puppy dog who doesnt quite manage to control himself!! Couldnt argue with the penalty decision, just pleased that it didnt cost us the 3 points in the end. I just thought it was exactly the sort of game that he'd get sent off, so thankfully that didnt happen!

Officials - off the radar. No idea what planet that ref was on...??

Just seen the highlights. Don't understand how their manager can argue against the red card. Doesn't matter if there was no intent.

We were slightly lucky that the ref didn't get them to re-take the penalty as Mohsni was a couple of yards inside the area when it was taken. Silly boy.

Cracking header from Barry Corr. Almost Petter Belsvik-esque.

Back