• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Colchester United

Fantastic. Off the bottom unless Stevenage produce a big upset this afternoon too.

Played some fantastic football at times, looked very solid, and a real boost to see us playing like that even without Macca and Olayinka. Add them in and that’s some team.

Great to see the confidence and spirit, Taylor flicking and dribbling and players moving in around him which just wasn’t happening a few weeks ago, that late challenge on Hart and everyone stuck in to defend him which is the exact attitude we’ve been lacking for some time.

Keep this form up, with the quality that has come in to the team in Hart, Akinola, Macca, etc. and we’ll be alright. Still a long way to go but we’re getting better and better.

Fantastic. Off the bottom unless Stevenage produce a big upset this afternoon too.

Played some fantastic football at times, looked very solid, and a real boost to see us playing like that even without Macca and Olayinka. Add them in and that’s some team.

Great to see the confidence and spirit, Taylor flicking and dribbling and players moving in around him which just wasn’t happening a few weeks ago, that late challenge on Hart and everyone stuck in to defend him which is the exact attitude we’ve been lacking for some time.

Keep this form up, with the quality that has come in to the team in Hart, Akinola, Macca, etc. and we’ll be alright. Still a long way to go but we’re getting better and better.
What Hart brings to the team isn’t just his technical ability but his team spirit. Love it.

I’m not giving ratings. I loved all of them. Maybe Hobson MOM for his not very subtle defending

Simply a proper performance with some class as well! Hart, White, Akinola, ANG all really good and make a strong foundation. Hobson and Oxley, much improved.

Things were really bad and a team of players who weren't ready to play this level yet so bringing a game ready players was always going to help given the terrible situation that was presented.. but you can see what Moseley can do with a proper team.

No doubt Moseley made some errors as well earlier in the season with a weak inexperienced side but given that was always a fighting a losing battle, it was probably a good time to get it out of the way! Now he can judged properly and so far so good.

Brilliant confident performance!! We look strong and now have a really decent squad with strength in depth.ill give every player a solid 8.I think ANG is a player and should start against orient but then again there is now a case for all.

The best ninety minutes this season and the most professional performance in seeing the game out. Colchester looked a mirror image of the way we played the first few months of the season. Fair play to Mark 2 Molesley who is a completely different manager from that one who used to promote that tippy tappy style that got us into such trouble

Delighted with that - an impressive first half performance (and a cracking second goal) against our despised rivals. Our pressing all over the pitch was commendable. The pitch was awful mind, which probably explains why the visitors constantly tried to avoid the confines of it!

Oxley - mainly redundant but one smart save at his near post.
Elvis - Ok but I do worry about his positioning.
Hobson - Good, no-nonsense
White - Very good - Mr Dependable
Hart - All action, heavily involved
Demi - Think we've found his position
Nathanial George - Superb first half
Taylor - Superb first half
Dieng - Solid game back in midfield, took his goal with aplomb.
Egbri - Pest throughout but made some wrong decisions
Akinola - Lively first half but tired and went off with what looked like a hamstring.

(footnote - the C*l U subs were all ugly scruffs)

PASS THE SHERRY !! :Clap:

We’ve started without our two most influential players recently and won even tweaking the back 4 which speaks volumes. We’re on a roll now, I think Orient will be a bigger test so not getting carried away but ... that was very satisfying indeed. I’ll leave it there in case we go on a 10 game losing run. A word for Hobson who again was superb. My MoM.

Literally buzzing after that game. Good solid team performance that made Col Ewe look very poor. Most inportantly another 3 points to boost confidence, keep our unbeaten run going and keep the great escape on course.

Love seeing Molesley giving all the players a hug at the final whistle, you can see what it means to him.

Last edited:
Back