• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Off on hols Saturday so not going, not sure I would have bothered anyway, this is a very odd friendly to have

If we are going to rely on that CB pairing this season we are in deep doo doo! Never mind having sideways backwards backwards sideways in midfield.

Interesting as Leonard and Atkinson were our strongest midfield pairing last season in terms of results.

Off on hols Saturday so not going, not sure I would have bothered anyway, this is a very odd friendly to have

Absolutely. Why are we playing our biggest rival and geographically closest league side at our home ground? It's a joke. We should be playing Carlisle away or at least Barnsley FFS. :angry:

Welcome to the South Upper RHB! Hoping both sides will put out strong sides and treat it as an opportunity to get most of them playing 90 minutes.

Hoping we'll start:
Oxley,
Demetriou, Thompson, Barrett, Coker,
McGlashan, Leonard, Atkinson, McLaughlin,
Cox, Mooney

1-0 would be a good result but the performance is more important.

I fear that a strong line up for us includes Atkinson!!!!! Yes he works hard but I am actually dreading watching him play this season. Totally had enough of his negative play with sideways and backward passes. Gets caught in possession wayyyyyyyyyy too much. Newcastle is an example but this wasn't the first time and it won't be the last! Lenny I am happy with but Atkinson is not going to get us anywhere. Timlin and Wordsworth I rate but they are always injured. We cannot afford to keep having players out for most of the season.

I will be playing cricket, as one should in the summer. Football is for September.

Heard last night that less than 30 away tickets sold so far.

Well at least they, and the team, will all be able to come in the one coach..... :smile:

Probably just as well we had the Toon here the other evening, they managed to bring 1012 for that local derby.....
(And, yes, I know lots were ex-pat Geordies who came from London and the Home Counties)

Not going for the first month of the season then?

Apart from Gills in the cup and Sheffield away I will probably miss the others. Lets see how the cricket goes.:unsure:

Football starts to early this year and our last league game of cricket finishes late on the 3/9. I do fancy Bolton as I have not been to that ground and there should be some interest from other Shrimpers.

Would probably have gone if I wasn't going to be in a tent somewhere in north Norfolk, but I'm going to be in a tent somewhere in north Norfolk. At least I'll still be surrounded by inbreds...

Good luck, you'll need it. They're a bit strange up there

.[video=youtube;myhnAZFR1po]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po[/video]

Absolutely. Why are we playing our biggest rival and geographically closest league side at our home ground? It's a joke. We should be playing Carlisle away or at least Barnsley FFS. :angry:

What a ridiculous comment. My point is that its unusual to play a lower league opposition at home in a friendly. Clearly the lack of ticket sales suggests other feel the same. Col utd in the last week have played Ipswich and Palace at home, both of whom would have been a better option than this game for us. For what its worth and based on your example, Newcastle didn't seem to unhappy about travelling down to play us.

Can people stop calling it a FRIENDLY. No way can this game be called that. I usually don't bother with preseason games but can't miss this one. The result usually doesn't matter in preseason but for this one it does. I will go for a 2-0 win and there 30 odd 6 fingered fans to get loads of abuse.

What a ridiculous comment. My point is that its unusual to play a lower league opposition at home in a friendly. Clearly the lack of ticket sales suggests other feel the same. Col utd in the last week have played Ipswich and Palace at home, both of whom would have been a better option than this game for us. For what its worth and based on your example, Newcastle didn't seem to unhappy about travelling down to play us.

To be fair, Newcastle played us as a stop-off on the way home of their tour of Belgium! Good to play someone different of quality opposition all the same.

1635 home bums on seats sold now. We will be lucky to reach 2000 methinks.

Pre-season FRIENDLY. The mere word "friendly" tells you that it is a run about, training session for both clubs. I never pay to see games where the result does not matter whatsoever.

Back