• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-season FRIENDLY. The mere word "friendly" tells you that it is a run about, training session for both clubs. I never pay to see games where the result does not matter whatsoever.

Who knows when we'll next see an Essex derby. :winking:

Well at least they, and the team, will all be able to come in the one coach..... :smile:

Probably just as well we had the Toon here the other evening, they managed to bring 1012 for that local derby.....
(And, yes, I know lots were ex-pat Geordies who came from London and the Home Counties)

True, I didn't hear one Geordie voice when passing the black and white shirts on the way home.

There is zero interest down here for this game, there is not even a pre match thread on our official forum nobody is even talking about it in the pubs etc. I don't think people care if we win or lose, it is just a friendly to get the players match fit for the new season, if the players feel like this too it will be a very drab affair.

There is zero interest down here for this game, there is not even a pre match thread on our official forum nobody is even talking about it in the pubs etc. I don't think people care if we win or lose, it is just a friendly to get the players match fit for the new season, if the players feel like this too it will be a very drab affair.

I'm really glad I've got tickets. Not that I will bother with any post match comment on here as nobody wants to know.

Good luck with the FL2 away games this season CAP, I would imagine they will be very similar to this one on the Colchester enthusiasm front.

Standard procedure for you lot aint it?

I'm really glad I've got tickets. Not that I will bother with any post match comment on here as nobody wants to know.

Good luck with the FL2 away games this season CAP, I would imagine they will be very similar to this one on the Colchester enthusiasm front.

Funnily enough the Colchester fans are looking forward to some more Southern games this season given league one had a distinct Northern feel to it last season. We will be playing teams we have not played for many seasons, like Cambridge for example so interest is pretty high in visiting away grounds.

Apart from Gills in the cup and Sheffield away I will probably miss the others. Lets see how the cricket goes.:unsure:

Football starts to early this year and our last league game of cricket finishes late on the 3/9. I do fancy Bolton as I have not been to that ground and there should be some interest from other Shrimpers.
Not sure you can call Phil a true Shrimper, he seems more of Sunderland/Bolton/Hull/England guy to me :unsure::smile:

Certainly need to give Bridge 45mins at least in CM as he is at least the cover there.

Funnily enough the Colchester fans are looking forward to some more Southern games this season given league one had a distinct Northern feel to it last season. We will be playing teams we have not played for many seasons, like Cambridge for example so interest is pretty high in visiting away grounds.

Yes indeed!I was at a distinctly near southern(new for lots of supporters)ground watching your lot last season-FA Cup at Wealdstone and you more than half filled one very small end !It was probably some sort of record away follow g for you -a 3 figure number I would think!

Yes indeed!I was at a distinctly near southern(new for lots of supporters)ground watching your lot last season-FA Cup at Wealdstone and you more than half filled one very small end !It was probably some sort of record away follow g for you -a 3 figure number I would think!

We sold out our allocation so couldn't have had any more there, Wealdstone were not keen on having too many in the away end due to safety concerns. There were complaints from fans who missed out because those who attended said there could have been tickets made available for lots more.

Presumably this is because you lot are to scared to even mention the word 'Southend' up your part of Essex, given the drubbings and lessons you received from us last year on and off the field?

Scared you're gonna get turned over again. Pussies.

Yep, you'll be able to renew your friendship with Wycombe. :winking:

We sold out our allocation so couldn't have had any more there, Wealdstone were not keen on having too many in the away end due to safety concerns. There were complaints from fans who missed out because those who attended said there could have been tickets made available for lots more.

Tickets for all parts of the ground were on sale at the ground on the day.Your 2 or 3 extra fans were probably too dim or just not really bothered enough to find this out.

Presumably this is because you lot are to scared to even mention the word 'Southend' up your part of Essex, given the drubbings and lessons you received from us last year on and off the field?

One of my sisters has a partner who supports Southend so we mention the name often! He always gets a cup of tea in our house in a Col U mug...........

I hope for 2 things ..... that we rest Lenny -- he's our main man in midfield and there may be some repercussions of that terrible tackle he got from the Col Ewe numpty last season , we need him fit & fresh for Gills !!!!

Also that Luke Prosser gets a really great reception from the Blues fans --- he was an honest pro who gave 100% , put his body on the line despite so often being the scapegoat ( undeservedly ) , gave excellent service to our club despite being one of the lower earners. Cheers Luke & Good Luck.

Back