• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Couldn't believe the substitutions Rotherham made and yet they left their #5 on, he really was dreadful. Also struggled to see how they are as high performing as the table would have us believe :stunned:

Odd sort of game, we were positively mercurial in the 1st half, and then, 2nd half, seemed to slip into some kind of "end of season, doesn't matter at all" type of play. Half the team seemed to just pull up rather than chase stuff, and the effort levels just plummeted. Of course, that's without giving Rotherham some credit because they definitely made a much improved start to the 2nd half.

Woody playing wide doesn't work for me, we need his influence in the middle, and I think that needs to be alongside Dru going forward. Tims coming on made perfect sense, needed someone to get a grip in the middle. I do wonder what has gone on with McGlashan, I think him running at Rotherham's defence, particularly that no. 5, would have paid dividends. Coxy said in his interview, that he made a conscious effort to play further forward, something we've been saying for some time. John White came back in to the middle of defence and was solid as a rock.

Oxley - 7.5, some very hairy moments but luck stayed on our side - was it Tims with the goal line clearance after the save?
Elvis - 6, looked a little match rusty, but played safe most of the time, even if that meant hoofing the ball away. Think he'll benefit from being under SCP going forward
White - 8.5, my MOTM, so dependable and so impassioned. Remember how people used to say he didn't show enough passion when he was captain?!!!
Turner - 8, the guy is proving that Phil Brown was actually right on him. Delighted to see such strength in the middle of our defence
Coker - 7.5, did the usual marauding forward, some lovely tricky stuff and got some crosses in
McLaughlin - 7.5, well taken goal and worked hard trying to protect Elvis a bit. Took some nasty knocks
Yearwood - 8, pick of the midfield, glad we have the lad on a decent contract!
Mantom - 7, felt there was too much going backwards, jury is still out for me
Wordsworth - 7, worked hard in the 1st half, some great touches and some decent corners
Cox - 8, delighted he got a goal! Worked so hard and set up McLaughlin's too
Fortune - 7, for me, he seemed to be lacking a bit of effort today, faded a lot in the 2nd

Subs:
Timlin for Mantom - 7.5, came on and got stuck in. Exactly what was needed
Harrison for Fortune - 6, didn't do much when he came on
Wright for Cox - wasn't on long enough but didn't really notice him

Officials:
Ok, but I did feel there was a bias to the away side in the 1st half, not so evident in the 2nd.

Have to say, it was lovely to meet both Adam Barrett and Neil Harris before the game, both absolute gents.

And a first for me today, Nephew and I got told off by older lady in South Upper for daring to celebrate Cox's goal as it was too noisy. I politely pointed out this was football and was 7000 of us celebrating. Jeez.

And a first for me today, Nephew and I got told off by older lady in South Upper for daring to celebrate Cox's goal as it was too noisy. I politely pointed out this was football and was 7000 of us celebrating. Jeez.
:hilarious: Haha, seriously? Was this a "supporter"...and I use the term loosely?!

I'm on the west side of the state, However, I did live in "Philly" From Plymouth Meeting take the Blue line to 95 North then straight into the city. Lot's to do. Independence Hall & Liberty Bell. Go to Reading Terminal Market, South Street Market and Penns Landing. You've got all the sports teams, MLS just starting up with the "Union" there. Not much out at Plymouth Landing except the "King of Prussia Mall"

Another off-the-ball masterclass to rival the Wigan game. Plenty wondering why Rotherham looked so poor - it's because we didn't give them a moment to settle on the ball. That is a side boasting an awful lot of attacking talent, and they didn't even have a decent effort on goal until well into the second half.

Picking up on previous comments I thought Elvis did well generally although there was the odd momentary lapse which is to be expected of a young player in that position. Rotherham are well known for their aggressive wing play, and their wingers were never in it today.

Really impressed by Mantom, by the two centre backs and Cox. Wordsworth faded after the break but he and Cokes linked very well in the first half and that's where most of our attacks came from. Fortune had a couple of chances which he could have done better with.

Delighted for Cox. You do get a few half-heads saying he's not good enough just because he's not a 25 goal a year striker. Today he showed exactly how good he is and what he brings to the team, and he got a goal to cap it off. Needs to be given a new contract asap.

Back