• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

No, they're always that slow. We always joke about the "Rapid Response Stretcher Team". Fortunately Kev Mc got round there pretty quick to help and they got the splint on.
Wasnt there for this game for personal reasons but heard the stretcher got dropped while carrying Mooney !
Hopefully we'l find out pretty quickly what the extent of the injury is.. Suspected broken fib or tib. Kev and the management are back this evening so things will become clearer I expect.
I think the next 3 months are going to be ridicuclously difficult to get through. There is no money. Players pay is being prioritised so we have players, but beyond that its whatever the club can survive on without paying out. (Wages, bills, utilities etc etc) . Theres a very very large injection of money with lots of noughts on the end (for this level) due in feb that will change everything and should enable the club to catch up on all unpaid bills and be secure for quite a while going forward. As long as there are no deadline movements, we just have to get to Feb..... Not an easy task as seen by things like the scoreboard, food supplies, youth coaches and others unpaid, etc etc.
We cant get another keeper in due to the embargo so its down to Blondy for up to 8 weeks. Their sprint races werent a good idea (not the coaches doing I believe) and the consequences are costly with Steeeeeve out for along time too. The next keeper in line to call upon is not the tallest by any means and could struggle hugeley in the rough and tumble of the NL. I hope BLondy can at least stay fit.
On a bright note, it does appear Cardwell is back next week. He and Wreh should cause problems for most teams in this league.

Wasnt there for this game for personal reasons but heard the stretcher got dropped while carrying Mooney !
Hopefully we'l find out pretty quickly what the extent of the injury is.. Suspected broken fib or tib. Kev and the management are back this evening so things will become clearer I expect.
I think the next 3 months are going to be ridicuclously difficult to get through. There is no money. Players pay is being prioritised so we have players, but beyond that its whatever the club can survive on without paying out. (Wages, bills, utilities etc etc) . Theres a very very large injection of money with lots of noughts on the end (for this level) due in feb that will change everything and should enable the club to catch up on all unpaid bills and be secure for quite a while going forward. As long as there are no deadline movements, we just have to get to Feb..... Not an easy task as seen by things like the scoreboard, food supplies, youth coaches and others unpaid, etc etc.
We cant get another keeper in due to the embargo so its down to Blondy for up to 8 weeks. Their sprint races werent a good idea (not the coaches doing I believe) and the consequences are costly with Steeeeeve out for along time too. The next keeper in line to call upon is not the tallest by any means and could struggle hugeley in the rough and tumble of the NL. I hope BLondy can at least stay fit.
On a bright note, it does appear Cardwell is back next week. He and Wreh should cause problems for most teams in this league.

Is there a trigger event that will cause the cash inflow in Feb? Beginning of Feb or end? Sorry quite specific - but 4 weeks feels like a long time at the moment

I think previously we've been thinking it needs the training ground to be 'ready' - which is now scheduled for March - so if that is the trigger event then has your timetable already slipped?

Good to hear re-Cards, we desperately need him.

Is there a trigger event that will cause the cash inflow in Feb? Beginning of Feb or end? Sorry quite specific - but 4 weeks feels like a long time at the moment

I think previously we've been thinking it needs the training ground to be 'ready' - which is now scheduled for March - so if that is the trigger event then has your timetable already slipped?
I dont know the definitive answer to that - sorry #MattE, (its not my timetable). But it was only this weekend the info that the large amount thats due in February was re-told to me. So any known delays to the training pitches would be known.

The Blondy/Collin sprint obviously sounds a terrible idea in hindsight, but I'm guessing there was a weakness there that was likely to happen, it just plays quite badly the way it happened.

I've tried to wait a couple of days before posting after a negative result, as some of the early posts in this thread show, it is best to avoid being too reactionary. For what it's worth I thought Altrincham were dangerous going forward. Colclough is a tremendous player at this level, only playing down here because of off field issue and that was not an easy ball to hit for the first goal.

The less said about their second goal the better, but from what I can see I'm surprised Blondy has taken the lion's share of the blame as it really looks as though Kacper got right in his way. I understand it's not the done thing to criticise Kacper though so we move on.

Actually thought the keeper was having a decent game up until then. He's a young, inexperienced lad and whenever a new keeper comes in, it takes time for them to bed in. He's all we have for 8 weeks at least, assuming we still exist then, and we need to get behind him.

The first half was decent. Lots of good play with Fonguck and Bridge at the heart of it. Wreh did well too, as well as his goal he had a lovely effort with no backlift that brushed the post which would have been a fabulous goal.

There's no need to panic. The great run is over, and there always tends to be a wobble. We're not getting any more lucky with injuries, and we desperately need a forward or two back. Husin is close to returning I understand which would be a big boost.

I do think we're going to drop a few points now, while we're so understrength. We need to keep in touch with those playoffs though and I don't think the on pitch issues are as bad as people have made out.

Off the pitch though, very scary indeed.

The Blondy/Collin sprint obviously sounds a terrible idea in hindsight, but I'm guessing there was a weakness there that was likely to happen, it just plays quite badly the way it happened.

I've tried to wait a couple of days before posting after a negative result, as some of the early posts in this thread show, it is best to avoid being too reactionary. For what it's worth I thought Altrincham were dangerous going forward. Colclough is a tremendous player at this level, only playing down here because of off field issue and that was not an easy ball to hit for the first goal.

The less said about their second goal the better, but from what I can see I'm surprised Blondy has taken the lion's share of the blame as it really looks as though Kacper got right in his way. I understand it's not the done thing to criticise Kacper though so we move on.

Actually thought the keeper was having a decent game up until then. He's a young, inexperienced lad and whenever a new keeper comes in, it takes time for them to bed in. He's all we have for 8 weeks at least, assuming we still exist then, and we need to get behind him.

The first half was decent. Lots of good play with Fonguck and Bridge at the heart of it. Wreh did well too, as well as his goal he had a lovely effort with no backlift that brushed the post which would have been a fabulous goal.

There's no need to panic. The great run is over, and there always tends to be a wobble. We're not getting any more lucky with injuries, and we desperately need a forward or two back. Husin is close to returning I understand which would be a big boost.

I do think we're going to drop a few points now, while we're so understrength. We need to keep in touch with those playoffs though and I don't think the on pitch issues are as bad as people have made out.

Off the pitch though, very scary indeed.
Have had a look at the second goal a few times.
You can see Lopata is shepherding the ball back for Blondy to clear; he's looking left and right as he does so, but the keeper remains rooted until the last second.
In hindsight, Lopata should have nudged the ball back perhaps?
But the keeper dithered more than he did.
I think 65-35 the blame with Mr Gloves taking the larger share.

This scenario just isn't acceptable and it's self created by that delusional scum owner.

I wouldn't even be surprised if these predicted cash injections were just made up by Ron in an attempt to keep biding time.

Simple equation for their second goal. Keeper puts his name on it and clears the lot. Lack of bottle and/or decision making on what should be bread and butter for a keeper. The ball came near his 18 yard box, therefore he should take command, even if that means screaming at Kacper to hook clear

Simple equation for their second goal. Keeper puts his name on it and clears the lot. Lack of bottle and/or decision making on what should be bread and butter for a keeper. The ball came near his 18 yard box, therefore he should take command, even if that means screaming at Kacper to hook clear
One thing is for sure. 5 or 6 games playing together and it wouldn't have happened.

First time I have been for a couple of months...thought we played well first half; less so second half. If you are going to hand your opponents two goals though, it is not going to be easy to win games of football.
The matchday experience I have to say is as bad as it has ever been. Half the turnstiles closed, couldn't hear the tannoy annoucements as was muffled, the clock on the South Stand was broken and the North stand scoreboard was switched off. Couldn't get a hot chocolate at half time as they had run out (as well as Bovril) and the tea I had in replacement was awful (not PG tips as normal but a cheap tasting replacement). Are we that short of money that we couldn't have bought a few catering packs of Cadbury instant chocolate and some decent teabags?
Re. the matchday experience, it has never been great, but I think we are now firmly at the bottom of the football pyramid in this area.

I was with a first-time attendee on Saturday and he was keen for a half-time pint, so I broke the rule of the previous 20 years - never to waste my money in the bars at RH - I wish I had listened to my instincts.
Made our way in to the West Stand bar only to be aggressively barked at by a handful of staff behind the bar who were pouring small bottles of beer in to plastic pint cups (barely making it to 2/3 full) and telling us all that were was no draught beer and no cards accepted!

It is bad enough that they only sell Fosters, so a bottle of (what tasted like out of date) Doombar was the only option.

No sooner had the first sip been taken, then two 'security' staff walked in telling us to drink up and vacate the area as the game was starting. So out we scuttled in to the biting cold to finish consuming our disgusting beer.

Never again.

I think Blondy's deal is up end of December so will have to use a youth goalie for 4 weeks

Have had a look at the second goal a few times.
You can see Lopata is shepherding the ball back for Blondy to clear; he's looking left and right as he does so, but the keeper remains rooted until the last second.
In hindsight, Lopata should have nudged the ball back perhaps?
But the keeper dithered more than he did.
I think 65-35 the blame with Mr Gloves taking the larger share.

I would say that Lopata is shepherding the ball back to Blondy for him to pick up. Lopata won’t touch it otherwise it would be a back pass. The ball was never going to get to Blondy for him to pick up leaving him no option but to try and hack clear. Lopata is so near the ball that wasn’t really an option in the end.

Lopata should have knocked the ball back to Blondy at the first opportunity or just hacked it away. Blondy is only culpable if he called for it - even then Lopata should have got out of the way.

I think that Lopata should take the main share of the blame- he had the ball within playing range for 5 seconds and had ample opportunity to clear it. After all he thinks he should win 50 caps for Poland and be playing in the next World Cup in 4 years time. Blondy was paying just his 3rd first team game.

I would say that Lopata is shepherding the ball back to Blondy for him to pick up. Lopata won’t touch it otherwise it would be a back pass. The ball was never going to get to Blondy for him to pick up leaving him no option but to try and hack clear. Lopata is so near the ball that wasn’t really an option in the end.

Lopata should have knocked the ball back to Blondy at the first opportunity or just hacked it away. Blondy is only culpable if he called for it - even then Lopata should have got out of the way.

I think that Lopata should take the main share of the blame- he had the ball within playing range for 5 seconds and had ample opportunity to clear it. After all he thinks he should win 50 caps for Poland and be playing in the next World Cup in 4 years time. Blondy was paying just his 3rd first team game.
Interesting, and another take. But I'm more inclined towards post #170

One thing is for sure. 5 or 6 games playing together and it wouldn't have happened.
100 percent. And actually a bit of credit for the keeper as he made a couple of smart stops including an important save at 2 all, he came out quick at an unmarked forward at the back stick and just got enough on it to keep it out.

Interesting, and another take. But I'm more inclined towards post #170

I have just watched it again and have another possible take on it. On Saturday I couldn’t understand why Lopata was having a go at Captain Terrible Ralph, but it appears that Ralph seems to telling Lopata to leave it to Blondy. Just watch as Ralph sticks out his arm.

Back