• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown would be willing to speak to Simon Cox

Would you want Cox back

• Total voters
No, no, no, please no. Good player for us but let’s look forward, not backwards. Heard too many horror stories and only want people here nowadays who have the right attitude to be here.

Absolutely right ?

Its a rhetorical question. And the right one. (And the hidden one of such skills normally cost a lot and we might not be able to afford it). And he might have called him and already have got the "thanks but no thanks". In which case its a nice segway to he wouldn't have been what we needed anyway. We shall see.

But again it does seem we are desperate to criticise. Perhaps we should ask Phil to revert to the MM approach. Once a week I will do a short little interview where i will say very little other than trotting out the normal meaningless platitudes. Subtext: It's for me to know what is going on and you supporters don't get a running commentary...

Personally I suspect most will prefer PB "sharing"even if at times it's "over sharing".

I thinks they calls this rhetoric. Of course, he knows.
He doesn't really think he would fit in playing NL football.
Wait till you see it!

Tongue in cheek guys, no need to worry.

Do we have a goal keeper coach? That's one thing we've been very strong with in the last few years (or was).

People are forgetting it’s NL and not league one. Surely he would do a job
For any team in NL ?
No there are secret unhidden gems in whatever the Ishmian league is now called who have been systematically underfed and are the route to untold success.

I pray supporters never get to decide transfer policy- however bad we think it’s been it could be so much worse...

No there are secret unhidden gems in whatever the Ishmian league is now called who have been systematically underfed and are the route to untold success.

I pray supporters never get to decide transfer policy- however bad we think it’s been it could be so much worse...
Yes God forbid, if us fan's decided on who would be manager or which player's to sign/release we'd end up in non-league....

He has reached the age where it is easier to be injured and recovery takes longer.
He has reached the age where decline can occur and suddenly (yes, even in the National League).
If he was able to stay fit, play in most of our games and was at his best he could be a fantastic signing.
I saw him on TV here a few times playing for Western Sydney and he did not look anything special.
To me because of his age signing him only makes sense if he was to come relatively cheap.
I suspect would want to be paid very well. Good luck to him, and, I have no problem with him trying to maximise his earning power but I just do not think we should be the ones paying him.
We have been here before, and, it did not end well.
Michael Kightly anyone?
In the end it does depend on the cost but it seems to me this is exactly the type of signing we should be trying to avoid making.
Also Lee Bernard and Freddy Eastwood, both also flopped 2nd time around.

Sounds like a public version of give me a ring lets have a chat but 99 percent won't happen. If it does fair play and good luck Boreham wood

Terry Mason signed until the end of the season just finished. I suppose it will be up to PB if he wants RM to offer him another contract.
I imagine it will more be if TM wants a full-time job here or not given his own goalkeeping school. Imagine with the pandemic and less happening on that front it was probably a convenient thing for him to go full time for a bit.

I'm an exile living in Aus. I've had a season ticket for Melbourne Victory for past 12 years or so and the standard of the A League currently is League 1 at best. Good striker thrive generally as no one can defend, probably to do with there being a salary cap and all the marque spots outside of it going to the more attack minded players.
I've watched several Western Sydney games this year and last and this year Cox has barely figured and even when he has he has failed to score has mostly spent his time bench warming. Didn't even get on against Victory last week and we are letting in 5 or so goals a game pretty regularly. He looks out of shape and like the legs are going, so while he may have been good for us in the past based on what I've seen of him I'd say steer well clear.

People are forgetting it’s NL and not league one. Surely he would do a job
For any team in NL ?
There a good many players in the NL who are good enough to play in the Football League but choose not to for lifestyle reasons.
They would rather play a good standard non league football and hold down a job or work for themselves. Their off field income combined with what they are paid for playing football might be a good deal more than most receive for playing full time in League 2.
I would suggest that making the assumption that a player is in the National League because he is not good enough to play in the Football League is a dangerous one to make.
That is one of the reasons why clubs relegated from the FL often do not do as well their supporters expect them to.

Back