• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United could be back in June but games will be behind closed doors

My personal concern is quite simple really. I am over 65, with an underlying heart condition, but I didn't get a letter telling me to isolate for 12 weeks.

I have spent the lockdown, following the advice. Thankfully, I live in the country now and it is fairly easy to go for my daily walk and not see anyone else.

I am afraid, I feel that my going back into crowds at football matches or similar, would not be in my best interests initially.

Yorkshire Blue is spot on with a typical crowd profile. However the lockdown is eased, social distancing will still be part of life for the foreseeable future. I just can't see what Clubs can do to make grounds safe for supporters.

I really do fear for football's future in the short to medium term. Attendances are bound to be hit, even a drop of 20% across the board, will hit clubs very hard. Particularly, when you think advertising revenues will be badly hit as well.

Hopefully, i am very wrong and Science will provide the answers and a vaccine, sooner rather than later.

The current all seated grounds aren't good for isolation, If we had the huge South Bank, standing in the West, North and Paddocks then maybe it might be okay.
Seats out until FF!

Whilst everyone is still trying to get their heads aroud the Coronavirus crisis and its possible consequences for our club, I saw this quote today, from the english language 'Deutsche Welle' media outlet. It makes for pretty sobering reading.

-- 'Ghost games' possibly until fall of 2021

The German National Academy of Sciences, the Leopoldina, recommended on Easter Monday that Germany could begin to reduce coronavirus restrictions. But its president, Gerauld Haug, has told public broadcaster ARD that football supporters will likely have to wait a lot longer before they can return to stadiums.

"It will take months, it could even take one and a half years," said Haug when asked how long football matches would have to remain behind closed doors, a timeline which would stretch until the latter part of 2021.

The 52-year-old insisted that the coronavirus pandemic will only truly be over "once a vaccine is available" and that stadium visits before then would "not be wise."

On Talksport today they were discussing the return of football and also the cricket season. The general opinion was that sporting events with crowds in attendance probably won’t happen until the new year. Until the experts are certain this virus has gone there will be no risk taken with large groups of people whether it be sport, cinema, music events etc. This thing is going nowhere soon so we need to accept that it may be some time before life returns to any form of normality and sport in particular is going to be affected big time

Until the experts are certain this virus has gone there will be no risk taken with large groups of people whether it be sport, cinema, music events etc. This thing is going nowhere soon

And with a vaccine estimated not to be available for a year or so (?) , no one will feel safe, apart from those who have had it?.
Honestly have no idea how things will work out, in the next few months?.

The league should be cancelled, teams who is in bottom 3 of each division don’t get relegated, teams who is in top 2 in every division will get promoted. Them relegation and promotion will be adjusted in 2020/21 season.

Interesting. I'd assumed a statutory basis, similar to the restrictions preventing broadcasters broadcasting the World Cup or Olympics (or formerly test cricket before the ECB lobbied government) on pay-per-view but this suggests it's a FA restriction only.

The idea that this season can finish remains an EFL fantasy that either by design or misadventure will maximise the damage to the clubs. To use an old favourite “nothing has changed.

In related news:
1. Gary Neville says that over 1,000 EFL players are out of contract end of June and face uncertain futures as clubs cannot afford to renew, extend or sign (notwithstanding EFL fantasies)
2. Mark Palios former FA chairman and Tranmere chairman says a double figure number of EFL clubs will very soon go into administration without EFL action (will the EFL awaken?)
3. We have paid March wages

The idea that this season can finish remains an EFL fantasy that either by design or misadventure will maximise the damage to the clubs. To use an old favourite “nothing has changed.

In related news:
1. Gary Neville says that over 1,000 EFL players are out of contract end of June and face uncertain futures as clubs cannot afford to renew, extend or sign (notwithstanding EFL fantasies)
2. Mark Palios former FA chairman and Tranmere chairman says a double figure number of EFL clubs will very soon go into administration without EFL action (will the EFL awaken?)
3. We have paid March wages
Let's make a new league with those 1,000 players.... All joking aside EFL know they can't act before the TV or insurance companies make a ruling

Let's make a new league with those 1,000 players.... All joking aside EFL know they can't act before the TV or insurance companies make a ruling
So we are really saying they will let a double figure number of clubs go into administration waiting for TV companies and insurance companies to make rulings they have absolutely zero incentive to make? I rest my case..

So we are really saying they will let a double figure number of clubs go into administration waiting for TV companies and insurance companies to make rulings they have absolutely zero incentive to make? I rest my case..
I think it's abhorrent, at best we can say they have painted themselves into a corner. No one really saw the virus coming but now we know what we always feared and that it's controlled by people without the same views on the sport as the fans.

9 out of the 20 Prem clubs now saying they want season over by July 1 as otherwise their will be chaos regarding player contracts

Back