• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United furious that Soccer AM duo will sing the National Anthem at Wembley

Evening Echo

The News
THE Football League’s decision to allow Soccer AM presenters Helen Chamberlain and Max Rushden to sing the National Anthem before next month’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final has hit a bum note with Southend United’s supporters.

More...

Pretty fitting for the level of prestige attached to the competition if you ask me. They already carry out the draw on Soccer AM, so I doubt we'd end up with someone like Robbie Williams singing the national anthem in the Final.

Too right we are not happy about it. But I think the whole manager situation has taken our attentions off this clowns act.

Instead of booing we should just chant "One Paul Sturrock..." for the duration of the pain.

I don't want to boo the national anthem. I don't want to sing something else over it. I want to savour every second of being able to proudly sing 'God Save The Queen' before watching my team play at Wembley for maybe the only time in my lifetime.

I just don't want those two muppets to lead the singing.

Max Rushden has done a Q & A session on his latest podcast. My Q :Are you having second thoughts about singing The National Anthem at the JPT Final. His A : (after a long pause) Err, sorry I can't talk about that. Let's hope that they are having seconds thoughts and they will not go through with this crazy idea. UTB

Max Rushden has done a Q & A session on his latest podcast. My Q :Are you having second thoughts about singing The National Anthem at the JPT Final. His A : (after a long pause) Err, sorry I can't talk about that. Let's hope that they are having seconds thoughts and they will not go through with this crazy idea. UTB
Soccer AM is crap but Max Rushden strikes me as a reasonably sensible guy. Hopefully he'll see sense and realise this isn't a good idea.

Helen Chamberlain can **** off, the old goat.

Soccer AM is crap but Max Rushden strikes me as a reasonably sensible guy. Hopefully he'll see sense and realise this isn't a good idea.

Helen Chamberlain can **** off, the old goat.

An old flatmate of mine's uncle used to be president of Torquay United. (This was back in 1999). She was well known even then for being overly familiar with the Torquay squad. Rumours of promised trysts with players when the team won etc.

Has anyone on Shrimperzone got the nod to appear on the Soccer AM show April 6th ?
They requested Southend fans to be on the show in the old Luther Blissett stand or whatever its called these days ?

A few of my mates applied to be on it but theyve not heard anything back .....

i know who will be on the show on april 6th... (in terms of SUFC supporters) they are a good looking bunch that's for sure:smile:

Back