• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

***Southend United Managerial Recruitment ****

Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening!

The recruitment process to find Southend United Football Club a new manager has completed primary interview stage.

I would like to thank every candidate for their time in meeting Gary Lockett, Ron Martin, Tom Lawrence and I on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, every candidate was thoroughly prepared with presentations worthy of the candidates and of our football club. Professional, insightful and solutions to address the situation we currently face and beyond.

After each interview session which started on Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday till 9pm and 8:30am until 5pm today, I have written up a considerations and comments document for the 3 other guys on the panel.

We agreed that candidates while involved in a live process shouldn't be encouraged officially to go to Roots Hall tomorrow, more speculation while the team and supporters are engaged in an important FA Cup tie wouldn't be fair to the players or supporters. The candidates know how we feel about them, their abilities and involvement thus far so for good housekeeping and respect all round we've asked candidates to give the team the opportunity to concentrate, play and get us into the next round.

I have wished Demi the very best of luck tomorrow as I know all Shrimpers will, our strength is in our unity and unity is what we need so let's give these boys our energy and positivity, they need it right now. I've offered to go in to say hi tomorrow also, to let them know how special it is to play for Southend United and how the supporter base is waiting to light the blue touch paper to get our season underway and we all, from supporters to the ground staff to the tea lady and the many staff at the club will make our support heard and seen tomorrow. We are Southend United after all.

Alongside a managerial recruitment process which is exactly where we want it to be and a a cup tie to savour is a general recruitment process across the football department where candidates have also been sourced, interviewed where appropriate and CV's have been poured over. A cultural change to Southend United is coming and it is universally agreed by Ron and Tom. A club of talents to source, scout, recruit talent for our new manager is underway, something I am particularly excited about.

Tomorrow, bring your voices and your lungs, your love, your patience and plenty of positivity.

Southend United are doing things correctly and in good time off the pitch, working literally 24/7 to build over several key areas. Trust that, know that, take that to the bank.

The boys need us tomorrow, they wear the blue I wore, who Benji and Tilly and Otto and Maher and Barrett and Best wore. Let's inject them with the confidence to play their part in this wonderful club.

See you tomorrow.

UP THE BLUES!

Stan.

Last edited:
Wonderful news and so good to see the words "we" and "us" being used on an official communication. I certainly think Stan can inject some price and passion for tomorrow which we badly need. However, I also think this could be the start to our season and the crowd will erupt if we can get a good positive result. The bonus of an early goal could work wonders.

Good luck to Demi for tomorrow and for the appointment process to come to a successful culmination next week and thanks again to you Stan for providing this beacon of hope!

Has Simon Cox's announcement of quietly going about coaching/managerial roles and his retirement from football just a few minutes ago, got anything to do with this?

"A cultural change to Southend United is coming and it is universally agreed by Ron"

That is the bit that most interests me to be honest. I sincerely hope that is the case and long may it continue. If we have any hope of steering our club back into calmer waters, it is a prerequisite.

Keep up the sterling work Stan and please do not give Ron an inch to deviate from this culture change.

What a bloke this is a change we need we need a manager who the players can play for and get us results and us cheering at home and away games again

Process is so important. Get that right and everything else falls into place. Great work Stan

Great news Stan. Thanks for your time and commitment I am sure this will pay dividends for the rest of the season.

Back