• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

***Southend United Managerial Recruitment ****

It's great to have so much communication and transparency which has been solely missing.All fans are praying the club gets the right person we cant afford anymore mistakes.
I will be there tomorrow getting behind my team.

What a well written statement, informative without giving away any specific information, no disguised clues as to who has been spoken to and no strange little analogies. This seems like a professional organisation at last which hopefully produces the right results.

Will be there tomorrow to support the team, thank you for your efforts Stan and will firmly shake your hand, bump elbows or whatever it is you are meant to do these days if I happen to bump into you

I do wonder what Ron makes of Stan's updates? It is unclear whether they are made with his blessing. But what is plain is that without them we would be in the dark. So more power to your elbow Stan. Keep them coming please!

Thanks for the update Stan, the names of former players you mention encompass everything I hope to see from our club again in the not too distant future.

Thanks Stan, you do SUEPA proud.

Can I also ask that going forward you write every future club statement. The interviews ended at 5.00 pm. Within the hour you had taken the trouble to write something which is not only informative but also encouraging. It is what we need.

Oh, and we are sorting that 92/93 shirt for you. Will let you know when it's ready.

UTB

Great update Stan! Passionate and informative as always but after reading it for some reason I was thinking about Steven Segal and Hard to Kill! Are you a fan?

"A cultural change to Southend United is coming and it is universally agreed by Ron"

That is the bit that most interests me to be honest. I sincerely hope that is the case and long may it continue. If we have any hope of steering our club back into calmer waters, it is a prerequisite.

Keep up the sterling work Stan and please do not give Ron an inch to deviate from this culture change.
Beat me to it. That was the line that stood out for me too.

Beat me to it. That was the line that stood out for me too.
I don't see why Ron wouldn't agree to it. Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to lend some perspective and Ron has made it plain in his recent comments that he acknowledges that he's taken his eye off the ball and things need to change.

The good thing about Stan's involvement is he doesn't care what Ron thinks of him, he's not sugar coating anything and he's come into Ron and told him how it is. I suspect Ron hasn't always had that forthright perspective coming in from the outside from someone so high profile in the game.

I still don't believe that Ron wants anything other than the best for this club. It just so happens that he has really made some terrible mistakes and decisions over the years. Someone needed to wrestle the football side of the business away from him.

Back