• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United midfielder Timothee Dieng handed two match ban for 'misleading referee'

When Prem superstars set the precedent by diving week-in week-out without punishment, how does this make any sense?

The EFL must absolutely despise us, they're probably looking forward to us falling into non-league.

Tbf. If the pen had got us 3 points and been the difference for staying up then its well done.

I hate play actors but desperate times and all that

too many FA idiots watching EFL on Quest ...

disgraceful decision pandering to 3rd rate football commentators

I have defended MM stoically for some time, but "especially when they’re not doing anything wrong," suggests he doesn't even know the laws of the game from which he earns his living.
Amateur comment, and after last night, I'm not sure Dieng will be much of a loss.

Charged with Simulation. Is that pretending to be a striker??
As always the EFL are utterly inconsistent. They don't apply rules consistently, often make them up as they go along, and often ignore their own rules when it suits them to do so.
We all know tomorrow they will be back to doing nothing about similar incidents again, and their total inconsistency ends up always favouring one team over another. And they won't care.

This wouldn't happen if their player had only got a yellow instead of a red. The FA trying to cover their *** for constant inept referees.

What about the antics of several Walsall players after Hart's tackle?
They were play acting and influenced the referee.
Still looks like a 50/50 challenge to me
I watched the ref after the tackle, and he immediately touched his back pocket.
Long before the histrionics he had made up his mind.
Interestingly, he had his hand on his back pocket all through Hart's treatment.
Did he want to check he still had the card, lol?
I thought it reckless straight away, so did Paul Clark, and ironically it was Macca's fault.
That bloke is never far away from a card whether he gets or inflicts one!

This wouldn't happen if their player had only got a yellow instead of a red. The FA trying to cover their *** for constant inept referees.
Hmmm...
not so sure about that.
Are you saying that in a millisecond he should have made the correct decision.
The spirit of his action was to support Dieng, remember?
Who is really at fault here?

What about the antics of several Walsall players after Hart's tackle?
They were play acting and influenced the referee.
Still looks like a 50/50 challenge to me
Well Hart certainly wasn't off his feet or out of control. So assume the referee felt it was dangerously aggressive. Which the way football is these days is not a very high bar. Some refs would have given a yellow but this was one that likes getting the cards out anyway. Difficult to say the decision was a bad one in todays game. What Norman Hunter would have made of it all is another question..

Back