• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Music

Ann Lee - Two times was played all the time when it originally come out. Some guys in the South Upper actually made a song to be sung along to it but I never found out the words. Perhaps someone on here can help with this?

Safri Duo was part of the buuild up music a couple of years ago.

Any others your not sure about?

Sad to admit it but I think I can still remember the words

We don't care , if you score a goal,

Southend boys will soon be in control,

We're gonna win, we are really sure

Cos we know Southend's gonna score .....

TWO* TIMES

dododoooodooodoodooodoododooodoodoododoododooooooodooodoodooo

(*The number in this line is variable and equates to the number of goals scored by the opposition plus one )

Last edited:
whats wrong with the brass band!!! let alone chucking your coppers in the flag at half time as it was carried around the cinder path, helped many a team ,workington ,barrow.bradford park avenue ,southport!!!!

whats wrong with the brass band!!! let alone chucking your coppers in the flag at half time as it was carried around the cinder path, helped many a team ,workington ,barrow.bradford park avenue ,southport!!!!

Funny enough in the past I have suggested a Brass Marching Band playing tunes like the great escape etc before a match would get the crowd going especially at 'big' home games. Bring on the marching bands.

Talking of throwing coppers, do you remember when they used to drive new cars around the edge of the pitch at half time. When the cars went past the North Bank they were bombarded with coins, they must have picked up a few paint chips.

Also talking about chucking coppers about, anyone remember when Ginger Lee needed about 5 coppers to restrain him. Probably only happened 4 or 5 times a season but it was quite a sight.

FOUND IT!! Legendary!!

Anyone else got any Southend United related music? Music been playd at the Hall in the last 10 years??

What about 'Chase the Sun'. Or am I just remembering the darts.

Music for before he game... Dario G's version of Ring of Fire is a great tune. Think this is the version that they play at Walsall.

Though Requiem for a Dream is a great tune or Requiem for a Tower (Movement IV) by Daniel J. Nielsen - basicaly the same but with no choral and just the stings.

Back