• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Terrace Jokes

Everybody has there local joker around where they sit, or perhaps its the quiet guy that comes out with a cracker once in a while. Maybe even the idiot who tries his hardest too often and once in a while hits the money. Whoever the individual, some bloody hilarious things are said in football matches.

My question to you, what are some of the funniest you remember?

Perhaps enlighten us with the game which may tie in too the joke?

Example:

Today at football the guys behind me were discussing the likelyhood of Lee Barnard getting injured whilst getting changed. The man who decided to blame all of Southend Uniteds problems on The Blue Voice and started singing "We want Lee Smith out". The chant of "Let him die" being changed into "Put him down".

These are three terrible ones but you get the idea, so anybody care to share moments of comic genius?

easy! the game against stockport this season! south upper.
it was the same day of the england game. some proper loon (middle aged) next to me shouted at the linesman "get a life linesman!" and also "i hope your car breaks down and you miss the england game lino" top notch 8ollock talking

Why would someone make a pop at the blue voice - pathetic.. What was the atmosphere at Southampton and Doncaster about?? Yeah the blue voice was responsible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We go away and have a sing etc.. Without the BV we would sit there like we was in a bloody library!!

Why would someone make a pop at the blue voice - pathetic.. What was the atmosphere at Southampton and Doncaster about?? Yeah the blue voice was responsible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We go away and have a sing etc.. Without the BV we would sit there like we was in a bloody library!!

I respect the Blue Voice and everything they are trying to achieve but I was at Southampton and Donny and I sung for 90 mintues, yet I am not part of the Blue Voice.

I dont think your last sentence is completely true and I am sure their are many more similar to me...

As I say, it is great what the BV are doing and the way they are going about it I really do admire but don't forget those fans that are not part of BV and what they contribute to SUFC games also.

BV did not even exist at Southampton (although in spirit perhaps).

Today at the game, in the south lower, someone got fustrated at the players and yelled out 'Oh for f*** sake this is like watching a pantomime' and someone shouted back 'oh, no it isn't!'

In Alan Little's reign, one guy who sits with a whole bunch of mates and shall remain nameless who sit in the South Upper shouted out of the blue 'Alan Little's a homosexual' hoping that all his mates would follow...but it went dead silent. So I piped up 'funny that you're the only one that knows though'...To raucous laughter, his mates ripped into him for about 10 mins, while he tried to findout who shouted it....I kept quiet but laughed with everyone else!!

I remember another one as well, it was Last season at home to Leyton Orient, and everyone was getting fustrated with Thornton's diving, and someone in the south lower yelled out 'oi, kepper, he dives more than you!' to which the surrounding crowd burst out laughing and clapping, even the goalkeeper thought it was funny and clapped!

The blue voice is a great idea and good luck to their efforts,but the atmosphere at the saints and donny was not down to them ,totally off the cuff reaction.

Think a lot of yourself mate.

Agree we need to sing more, home and away and I'm sure every fan would consider themselves a member/backer of TBV but not sure of the effect they actually have. And donny and southampton was nothing to do with TBV.

Today at the game, in the south lower, someone got fustrated at the players and yelled out 'Oh for f*** sake this is like watching a pantomime' and someone shouted back 'oh, no it isn't!'

The same thing happened at Leicester (see my sig).

The only comedy I ever see in the stands is things like one person trying to start a chant and everybody else signing "All on your own" at him.

Not a certain person but last season the lino on the west side came out with his shirt on inside out. He got abuse the whole first half along the lines of "does your mother still dress you" etc. He then came out for the second half with it still inside out.

The same thing happened at Leicester (see my sig).
Haha, Absalutely fantastic response, everyone was laughing including the stewards and even the fustrated fan that made the comment had to laugh at such a comment!

Last edited:
Back