• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good evening shrimpers - city fan in peace

you looked a decent side the other week and overall was a good game
however away we are very potent don't ship many goals and have had some decent results
we don't play the same style as when Parkinson was in charge we won't keep it tight and try and nick something
we are more likely to press and keep the ball with an overall attacking intent

this style away tends to be a winner your at home and will need to go forward that's when it seems we are at
our best. We will score but we might ship one too so should make a good game

i wont be travelling but plenty will do hopefully it's s good atmosphere and a good game

how's Atkinson doing? First few games for us he looked like was in the wrong sport but he's technically good at times
and really helped us turn a corner in the **** league

however away we are very potent don't ship many goals and have had some decent results
we don't play the same style as when Parkinson was in charge we won't keep it tight and try and nick something

this style away tends to be a winner your at home and will need to go forward that's when it seems we are at

i wont be travelling but plenty will do hopefully it's s good atmosphere and a good game

how's Atkinson doing? First few games for us he looked like was in the wrong sport but he's technically good at times

Evening CityGent. We appear to have hit some sort of form at just the right time for this game and Cox and Ranger should give your defenders a decent examination if they continue the form they showed at Bury. So a scoring game looks on the cards which should be good for the fans.

Atkinson is one of those players that gets through an enormous amount of running and hard work, but seldom gets a huge amount of credit for it. That said he is holding down his first team place on merit and will no doubt be looking to give your boys a serious turning over.

You clearly don't know Phil Brown.

Just hoping that the match is an entertaining one - with a larger than usual crowd predicted for the game it would be good if a few people went home thinking that they will come to more games in the future. :thumbsup:

Just under 6,000 tickets sold .....a couple of hundred ?? walk-ups, 1,500 Bantams = a decent gate :smile:

Should be over 8k.

6000 pre sale not including corporate seats about 400 ish.

Probably around 750 on the day.

Maybe 1500 bradford.

So probably around 8500+

Just under 6,000 tickets sold .....a couple of hundred ?? walk-ups, 1,500 Bantams = a decent gate :smile:
i can't believe Southend are charging £25 on the day for Bradford supporters to get in if the haven't bought a ticket before hand, bit steep isn't it:'(

i can't believe Southend are charging £25 on the day for Bradford supporters to get in if the haven't bought a ticket before hand, bit steep isn't it:'(

Would have thought that any Bantam fan attending the game, wouldn't be a 'last minute dot com' supporter, deciding at the last minute, to make the long journey down.
If any are, then the advice I would give is plan ahead!.

It is a crisp, cold and clear morning. Great for football.
In the East stand this afternoon it might be a case of wearing a peaked cap for the first half as the sunsets over the West Stand and a warm bobble type hat for the second as it will get cold.
Who might wear gloves (other than the GKs)?

It is a crisp, cold and clear morning. Great for football.
In the East stand this afternoon it might be a case of wearing a peaked cap for the first half as the sunsets over the West Stand and a warm bobble type hat for the second as it will get cold.
Who might wear gloves (other than the GKs)?

Just like that first game against Gillingham then ............................

Hash tag: I'llgetmycoat

Could prove a bellwether game for our season. Back to back wins would be a great boost but not losing, to a good Bradford side, is also important. Sadly for me, at the KO I will find myself en route to a family gathering at Lafrançaise. Going to be difficult and probably rude to demand a wifi code as soon as we arrive...........but there again my family know me!:smile: Won't get commentary but will, at least, keep up with the score from the second-half. I'm reckoning on a 1-1 draw.

I think you have called it right Lee; PB does not seem to be a fan of Timlin as in the past he would often sub him in a game where he (Tims) was doing well etc.
Atkinson is "due" a goal against BCFC in an ex-player haunting his old club style performance.

A lot could depend on the officials and how they see the CBs for us dealing with Hanson, or theirs with Ranger - an early yellow card could make it interesting.

How wrong you were!! He was due TWO goals!!!

Back