• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grant 3rd? Surprised about that, he's been anonymous in the 2nd half of the season. Surprise that Corr wasn't in the top 3.

That's what I thought as well. Suspect a few people may be going on memories of the player that he was for us during last season/the first half of this one.

As for Corr missing out on a top three spot at least, that's inexplicable to me when he has been our most potent goal scorer and is the mythical 20 goal a season man that most people are usually crying out for.

Bit of a flat game which I spent most of bemoaning my choice of clothing. The West Stand was freezing!

Ridiculously easy goal for Corr. Their manager will be livid. But as it's Mr Karren Brady I have no sympathy.

What an absolute pile of garbage that game was. Burton at times didn't look a bad side, certainly broke at pace with some good accurate passing but powder puff up front. We on the other hand were crap pretty all over the park. Stand out non displays for me today were....

1. Prosser (ne Tosser) With acres of space in front of him with time to take the ball a few yards further up the pitch he decides to stand still, look around him for three or four seconds, then pick the one long ball over the top that every one of the opposition has been telegraphed the intentions of and all comes to nothing. Give him the ball with one or two oppo players near him and he goes in to panic mode and lumps it anywhere but out of play and to safety. The man's a liability I tell ya.
2. Grant. Shadow of his former self of a few weeks ago. Didn't really get going all game and seemed two paces behind the pace at times.
3. Hall. One of his worst games so far IMO but then again I've not seen many so I could be way off the mark on this one.

All in all a dire game played by two pretty average sides.

Ref. Didn't do to badly at all considering I believe this is his first season at league level.

Crowd. Huffed, puffed and tried hard but like the team didn't really get going.

Bluebelles. get younger and younger by the game but my God a couple of them were clearly at the front of the queue when the norks were handed out! :hilarious:

What an absolute pile of garbage that game was. Burton at times didn't look a bad side, certainly broke at pace with some good accurate passing but powder puff up front. We on the other hand were crap pretty all over the park. Stand out non displays for me today were....

1. Prosser (ne Tosser) With acres of space in front of him with time to take the ball a few yards further up the pitch he decides to stand still, look around him for three or four seconds, then pick the one long ball over the top that every one of the opposition has been telegraphed the intentions of and all comes to nothing. Give him the ball with one or two oppo players near him and he goes in to panic mode and lumps it anywhere but out of play and to safety. The man's a liability I tell ya.
2. Grant. Shadow of his former self of a few weeks ago. Didn't really get going all game and seemed two paces behind the pace at times.
3. Hall. One of his worst games so far IMO but then again I've not seen many so I could be way off the mark on this one.

All in all a dire game played by two pretty average sides.

Ref. Didn't do to badly at all considering I believe this is his first season at league level.

Crowd. Huffed, puffed and tried hard but like the team didn't really get going.

Bluebelles. get younger and younger by the game but my God a couple of them were clearly at the front of the queue when the norks were handed out! :hilarious:

How thick was the Bluebelle that when asked at half time when the score was 1-1 what she thought the final score would be, she said 2-0....dense as you like

Agree about Prosser - his passing was very poor. We don't seem to have had a decent left back at the club since Dan Harding's loan spell. Moore was pretty dominant at the back allowing little to get past him which frustrated us. Blair got into good positions but his balance on the ball is poor at the moment. It was good to see Coughlin and Barker marshalling the troops. I think we could have done them if Clohessy had got forward a bit more. Mohsni had a mixed display with some poor positioning in defense but cleared the ball pretty well. When he went up front (delighting the crowd) he went for the same balls as Corr at times but the bloke stayed behind for ages at the end, signing programmes for kids and posing for photos to the obvious annoyance of the stewards. The guy is pure class.
It's frustrating that we let journeyman ex-players shine when they come back to Roots Hall. Our midfield and defense just parted down the middle, making the mincing Malone look like Messi.
Still, I'm pretty positive about next season - Sturrock's '5 year plan' certainly worked at Plymouth, so here's hoping...

Sawyer's first booking was never a card either. Yes he was a little rash but he took the whole ball, which took him into the player.

Let's hope there's a few other easy to wind up players come to the Hall next season and they can follow Maghoma's lead...

Agree about Prosser - his passing was very poor. We don't seem to have had a decent left back at the club since Dan Harding's loan spell. Moore was pretty dominant at the back allowing little to get past him which frustrated us. Blair got into good positions but his balance on the ball is poor at the moment. It was good to see Coughlin and Barker marshalling the troops. I think we could have done them if Clohessy had got forward a bit more. Mohsni had a mixed display with some poor positioning in defense but cleared the ball pretty well. When he went up front (delighting the crowd) he went for the same balls as Corr at times but the bloke stayed behind for ages at the end, signing programmes for kids and posing for photos to the obvious annoyance of the stewards. The guy is pure class.
It's frustrating that we let journeyman ex-players shine when they come back to Roots Hall. Our midfield and defense just parted down the middle, making the mincing Malone look like Messi.
Still, I'm pretty positive about next season - Sturrock's '5 year plan' certainly worked at Plymouth, so here's hoping...

Bring back Moses Malone!

Anyone know the song that played at the end?
Immediately after the final whistle? Think it was If Only I Could by Sydney Youngblood, which was a bizarrely random choice but a song I've always loved. A top 10 hit in 1989, pop-pickers.

Still, I'm pretty positive about next season - Sturrock's '5 year plan' certainly worked at Plymouth, so here's hoping...[/QUOTE]

I notice the 5 year plan was contingent on knowing what his player budget for next season would be.Very sensible.
Also consisted of getting punters like me who only come to two or three games a season to come to more games.Difficult in my case.:smiles:

Back