• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth (Check A Trade)

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Certainly feel this is more important for us than Pompey. For them, they are still in the 'proper' Cup and with a good chance of getting back into the Championship the League will certainly be their priority. Should be interesting to see what side they put out and how many changes they make. Normally, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this Competition but in truth, it's all we have left of our season, apart from assuring our League One survival. Would imagine we'll go for it.
Pompey fan here, we'll definitely be taking it easy tonight. Will probably make 11 changes, and play a lot of youth players. We've been hit by injuries and loan players returning to their clubs, so this is the weakest we've been all season.

Of the 18 in our squad when we played a few months back, would only expect Burgess and Dennis to start tonight. On the plus side, we'll probably have a fairly strong bench!

Pompey fan here, we'll definitely be taking it easy tonight. Will probably make 11 changes, and play a lot of youth players. We've been hit by injuries and loan players returning to their clubs, so this is the weakest we've been all season.

Of the 18 in our squad when we played a few months back, would only expect Burgess and Dennis to start tonight. On the plus side, we'll probably have a fairly strong bench!

Hi chave. We are also playing our kids and some local trialists. One is a striker from Leigh Stanley, and one is a centre half from Rochford Roy Rovers. So make sure you let your manager know that he can play the weakest team possible to make it a fair game. Toodle Pip and good luck in the League.

Isaac could also maybe start out there, too and cut inside like he was doing well at on NYD.

This would allow Elvis and Hendrie to overlap.

I guess the key is who are the two upfront.

I know who I would like to see.

Isaac could also maybe start out there, too and cut inside like he was doing well at on NYD.

This would allow Elvis and Hendrie to overlap.

I guess the key is who are the two upfront.

I know who I would like to see.
Roy McDonough and Billy Garner? We could beat them in the air and then beat them up on the ground. That would work,

I'd love to see that.

No toe in the water challenges in the six yard box from those two!

Exactly. CP seemed to get scared to use it after the 1st couple of games this season, when although results hadn't been what we'd have wanted, pretty much everyone was in agreement that we'd performed OK in those games

We were better than ok, we were great to watch. For the first month, we played lovely, exciting football.

We battered Doncaster, Plymouth, Peterborough on chances, just didn't score when on top. We eventually did at Wycombe but again, the defence was awful. That's what Powell got scared of, even more so when Hopper got injured. The amount of shots we were having in some of those games, 20+. Crazy to think that now.

With the injuries that followed, he has got more and more defensive. Probably thinking that we don't have enough fire power to open up and outscore teams, so let's be solid and try and nick it. In fairness we've been a lot more solid of late. Now for the nicking it bit...

I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 with 2 CM and 2 wide. CP seems to have ditched this for some reason when it was so successful last season.

We started the season with it and went LDWLWLLL in the League at which point CP switched to 5 at the back.

With midweek games, I guess the team is announced at 6:45pm or is it 7:00pm?

With midweek games, I guess the team is announced at 6:45pm or is it 7:00pm?

People may dismiss the Checkatrade Cup as a micky mouse cup but when you get people eagerly anticipating the line-up announcement you know it has a home.

It'll be an hour before ko (or what BB said)

Will there be a picket line tonight outside the East? And what has happened to the Icke fellow who used to take any positivity for this competition as almost a personal insult?

People may dismiss the Checkatrade Cup as a micky mouse cup but when you get people eagerly anticipating the line-up announcement you know it has a home.

It'll be an hour before ko (or what BB said)

LOL :Smile: .. You know me. I just can't get enough of the CheckATrade Trophy*

*It's more to decide whether I can be bothered to go or not! :Winking:

Will there be a picket line tonight outside the East? And what has happened to the Icke fellow who used to take any positivity for this competition as almost a personal insult?

Yeah, what has happened to David Icke

... and Uncle Leo, Rattus Norvegicus and the like?

LOL :Smile: .. You know me. I just can't get enough of the CheckATrade Trophy*

*It's more to decide whether I can be bothered to go or not! :Winking:

Are you more likely to go if it's a full strength team or if he plays some youths?

ps Go anyway and report back pls.

I've gone for a near complete young side that isn't even possible with the team selection rules.

Point being, let's see some rotation. I'm not too fussed about this game. With our injuries currently and the lack of options I see it as one less opportunity for players to be rested. Playing in to that, more chance they could get injured too.

Yeah, what has happened to David Icke

... and Uncle Leo, Rattus Norvegicus and the like?
Uncle Leo is busy busy and taking a break from Sz, Rattus got too fed up with the negativity and also some "characters " ideas of funny at a few away days has soured his belief.

I've gone for a near complete young side that isn't even possible with the team selection rules.

Point being, let's see some rotation. I'm not too fussed about this game. With our injuries currently and the lack of options I see it as one less opportunity for players to be rested. Playing in to that, more chance they could get injured too.

Good point, seaside.

I didn't even think of the rules when I picked my side.

I think I might get a fine from the EFL with the side I selected!

Uncle Leo is busy busy and taking a break from Sz, Rattus got too fed up with the negativity and also some "characters " ideas of funny at a few away days has soured his belief.

That's a shame, on both counts.

Good posters, both of them.

Back