• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket sales just under 6k not including corporate and complimentary and away and on the day sales.

7k + against rochdale is decent.

Just had a snowstorm in Brentwood. Not sure what it's like in Southend and I am sure the pitch is well covered but I know games have been called off before, more to protect the fans from the pavements etc. Hopefully will go ahead but you never know

Just had a snowstorm in Brentwood. Not sure what it's like in Southend and I am sure the pitch is well covered but I know games have been called off before, more to protect the fans from the pavements etc. Hopefully will go ahead but you never know

Its all gone now. Panic over.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Rochdale have won 2, drawn 5 and lost 13 of these matches.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Rochdale have won 2, drawn 5 and lost 13 of these matches.

Wasn't there a Sheff Utd stat like this, that they have only won like 1 of 400 games against teams in the top half?

Personally I think Atkinson has struggled in the last two games and has been leaving Domitriou exposed often, so I would give him a rest to the bench tomorrow. I also think Timlin has been excellent at Left back and so would not drop him.

My team 4 - 4 - 2

Smith
Dometriou - Thompson - Ferdinand - Coker

Leonard - (Wordsworth if not injured) cox - Timlin - McGlashen

Fortune - Hines / cox

Need to take the game to them imo to protect our goalkeeper who still is very inexperienced.

I see in the forecast that the temperature tomorrow is only going to be a couple of degrees above freezing all day, wouldn't be surprised if there's an early morning pitch inspection given that Rochdale fans have a 4+ hour trip.

I see in the forecast that the temperature tomorrow is only going to be a couple of degrees above freezing all day, wouldn't be surprised if there's an early morning pitch inspection given that Rochdale fans have a 4+ hour trip.

Away supporters being considered? That would be a "first"!

LOL, too right. They aren't even that bothered about us lot , let alone the away fans!

Last edited:
A hard frost is forecast for tonight, combination of a damp pitch today freezing overnight would be a worry for the game tomorrow, I hope an early pitch inspection will be made.

Nothing to do with this thread, but I have just read that the young Rochdale fan Joshua McCormack has lost his battle with cancer.
Just thought it would nice to show a little decency for the young lad tomorrow. (Way to young).
Snr.

Nothing to do with this thread, but I have just read that the young Rochdale fan Joshua McCormack has lost his battle with cancer.
Just thought it would nice to show a little decency for the young lad tomorrow. (Way to young).
Snr.

I understand there will be a tribute before kick off, and that the applause already scheduled for Graham Taylor will also include this brave young man.

Back to the important stuff...Todays game. I think its really important to get behind the lads nice and early. Lets get back on track and us fans can help make sure they are focused on the pitch for 90/95 minutes.

After all you won't want 15 pages from the 'Told you so' brigade with all sorts of Ranger accusations. It will be worth the effort, so here's to victory

Edit. Someone has kindly pointed out that this post might be taken the wrong way. I'm am of course referring to the Barret and Ranger threads and not the little boy, when I said ...Back to the important stuff.

Last edited:
A hard frost is forecast for tonight, combination of a damp pitch today freezing overnight would be a worry for the game tomorrow, I hope an early pitch inspection will be made.

Anyone know what time the pitch inspection is?

Looks like a sunny, but cold morning - clear skies so am assuming the pitch will be fine. Went out to get a paper at half 7 and the grass verges seemed to be okay, so doubt there's much of a ground frost.

Must be our biggest crowd against a Rochdale side ever, around 6,500 today, can't see them bringing many down, 300 at tops:'(

Back