• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello everyone.
Hope you enjoy us footballing you to death tomorrow :nope:
Sadly I won't be attending. Not sadly because I can't afford it or don't have the time, but because sadly, we're shoite and I can't be arsed!
Impossible to call this one.
Well, not quite impossible. SUFC will come away with at least a point :smile:
God bless you all.

MO 'Greasy'.

I'm sure I saw Nigel Adkins going on about how attacking and free scoring you guys are, after beating Crewe.

Seriously, having seen most of the sides above us, I'm amazed Sheff Utd aren't right at the top.

I just hope I can get parked in Prittlewell Chase without having to get there at 5:00pm!!

Be aware that the gas main work has moved from Hobleythick Lane onto Prittlewell Chase and there are temporary (& poorly synched) traffic lights at that restricted lane junction; there will be some snarl ups there.

The BIG DAY and game has arrived; this was almost the very first fixture I searched the list for so, so many months ago. All eager and buzzing.
Today? I feel a little interest but not a lot, hopefully we will be entertained.

It IS today ISN'T IT?!!! :winking: For a little time, yesterday evening I was convinced it was last night and couldn't understand
why, little time before 'KO', the team hadn't been announced!:blush: Well, I am under a bit of pressure preparing to work this weekend........and I have arrived at a certain age!..........nevertheless, it's a little worrying.
I certainly should have understood, seeing England were playing and that they certainly wouldn't want to distract attention away from their friendly match by clashing with our BIG game.:winking:
When Sky selected this game they would have certainly hoped to have billed it as a struggle between play-off hopefuls and at the time, our supporters would have believed the same. Sadly, for both sides, a top six finish is more a dream than a hope. Having said that, the commentators will definitely try and keep the dream alive...........at least for one of the sides..........and the truth is, a draw would be a disaster for both teams. I shall certainly seek out streaming of the game again tonight but I have to admit a good deal of the stress, excitement and expectation, on my part, will be absent.

Be aware that the gas main work has moved from Hobleythick Lane onto Prittlewell Chase and there are temporary (& poorly synched) traffic lights at that restricted lane junction; there will be some snarl ups there.

thanks. Think I might stick it in the Civic Centre car park.

Well done for highlighting this, nearly late for hospital appointment yesterday due to these problems, you are right, the lights really are poorly synched. It will be well worth people leaving home ten minutes earlier if they travel in that area tonight.

Blue Voice..................... PLEASE raise the West Side roof tonight

THANK YOU
clapping%20new%20august%202010.gif

Hi Massimo......travelling up from Hampshire and so along A127.....should I make diversionary plans to avoid?

MO 'Greasy'.

I'm sure I saw Nigel Adkins going on about how attacking and free scoring you guys are, after beating Crewe.

Seriously, having seen most of the sides above us, I'm amazed Sheff Utd aren't right at the top.

You'll understand exactly why a little after half nine tonight AT :sad:

No wonder many are tipping the 'both teams to score' bet ;

Southend have conceded in 75% of their last 20 home games.
Sheff Utd have conceded in 75% of their last 20 away games

If Payne is selected tonight rest assured Adkins will nullify him by doubling up on him - as he was blown away by him in the game at their place.

Off topic but how many travelled up to Rochdale?

There was no official announcement but would estimate it was around 400, similar to what we took there on Good Friday two years ago.

I'd like to see Atkinson and McLaughlin/McQueen come in for Kamara and Wordsworth in the midfield tonight, and maybe Malarczyk in for Thompson.

Last edited:
Back