• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Woking, Saturday 13th November, 3.00pm, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • John White

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • Kacper Lopata

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 63 67.7%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 74 79.6%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 74 79.6%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Erin Kinali

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Win

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the Woking fans forum. A bit cheeky......

Southend-on-Sea, is a large coastal town and unitary authority area with borough status in south eastern Essex. It lies on the north side of the Thames Estuary and smells like it. It is bordered to the north by Rochford and to the west by Castle Point. It has a one and a third mile pier so if you want to jump into the water at the end you will avoid the raw sewage. Southend also has a small funicular lift because residents are too lazy or too fat to walk up to the high street from the seafront. They were expected to be challengers for the National league this season, how’s that going?

Prediction: SOUTHEND 2 (Murphy, Dalby) WOKING 2 (Max Alexander Kretzschmar, Tahvon Ravell Campbell)
Ref 5/10
Attendance 5402
Weather Cloudy with small possibility of sunshine 10 degrees mostly dry wind 15mph nw.

At least he predicts a draw, even if he doesn't seem to realise that we're now a city.
I assume he hasn't been to Woking ?

Some Woking fans at Stratford - they’re quite posh aren’t they?
Maybe, they’ve got some brilliant players in their side. Watched them play Bromley last time out, their players to look out for ima are Ince, Campbell and Effiong. Just don’t give them the ball and don’t let them run at you. Let’s hope the coaches have done their homework, I doubt that they’ve seen Woking play, unless they had them watched against Bromley.

Gutted will be missing the game as I'm in Weymouth at the in-laws. Was hoping Weymouth was playing at home to see a bit of national league action but they are away to Chesterfield. Will be a run for me I stead.

Hope we get continue the improvement under the new stewardship and win at home. Would be nice to keep a clean sheet for confidence levels

If Ralph is back (he should be) then I'd be tempted to play 4-4-2 in this one.

Arnold

Demi Lopata Hobson Ralph

Walsh Dunne Brunt Bridge

Murphy Dalby
Yes—that looks good.
I do think Ferguson potentially adds more than Dunne and maybe stiffen the midfield further by playing Phillips wide right and bringing on Walsh later.

I don't think we will see much change from last Saturday depending on late fitness tests.

Arnold
White Lopata Hobson
Howard Dunne Ferguson Bridge
Brunt
Murphy Dalby
Subs: Arnold, Sayers, Ogogo, Walsh, Rush

Hopefully, from that lineup, Lopata will be ok to come straight in after his flight and Murphy will be 100% ready. I think Rush will come in for Murphy if he isn't ready.

I hope Ralph will be ready, but I doubt he will be 100% to start. Otherwise I'd have him LCB and Hobson RCB. Phillips could come in for Ferguson too if he has shaken his knock.

Demetriou and Ogogo also up for selection again, but I'm not convinced either would improve the starting line-up. Maybe Ogogo on the bench.

That still leaves out Egbri, Dennis, Kinali, and Atkinson (keep forgetting we have him).
ARNOLD BOTH GK AND SUB MMMM INTERESTING

ARNOLD BOTH GK AND SUB MMMM INTERESTING
It has been remarked on previously my loud friend, a silly error.
Aside from that who would you select today? imo, we have a stronger available squad than anytime this season if Murph and Ralph are ready to start?

It has been remarked on previously my loud friend, a silly error.
Aside from that who would you select today? imo, we have a stronger available squad than anytime this season if Murph and Ralph are ready to start?
Sorry i remarked upon it before i got as far as Chapperz comment..

Gutted will be missing the game as I'm in Weymouth at the in-laws. Was hoping Weymouth was playing at home to see a bit of national league action but they are away to Chesterfield. Will be a run for me I stead.

Hope we get continue the improvement under the new stewardship and win at home. Would be nice to keep a clean sheet for confidence levels
Ha ha like the way you’re trying to find anything to avoid spending time with the in-laws!

Back