• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley/Ted

White, Thompson, Prosser, Coker

Worrall, Deegan, Atkinson, Timlin

Pigott, Corr

Think this will be a tough one against the league's highest scorers and would therefore welcome Deegan back into the side to protect the back four. Brown raved about how inform Leonard was his new Ivan Campo, but since switching to 4-4-2, he's not really been at the same level. Think Lenny is due a spell on the bench to let him fight his way back into the side as there's no point having such good competition for places if not cutting the mustard means nothing. Would probably consider a 4-4-2 diamond with Deegan as the defensive mid and Timlin at the top threading balls through for the forwards.

All in all, should be a good game and if we win, could be the confidence boost we need to kick on and make a strong, late surge for the autos.

Be careful what you wish for! Do you think for one minute Deegan's workrate, determination and reading the game matches Leonard's - I think not.

There's no way you can drop Leonard for Deegan after his performance against the Wombles.

He's the reason Akinfenwa had no influence on the game.

What would you be getting from Deegan that Leonard didn't provide in the last match?

Yep. You've gotta keep Leonard in unless he's absolutely knackered or injured. From now on you put out the best players you've got every time. That said I worry about the team Brown will put out tomorrow - think he might have another wobble moment. Crowd will be 6236.

Hi all. Wycombe fan in peace here. I have to say I have absolutely no prediction for the score tomorrow, except that it will be a low scoring game. I don't think we're as good as our league position might suggest, certainly not if you look at the level of the individual players. We are however well organised and we have a very settled side, especially the defence. We've been incredibly lucky with injuries and suspensions (the McClure sending off was our first of the season) and as a result have got away with having a tiny squad.

To answer the OP's question, I don't think McClure's suspension is any kind of a big deal. He would not have started in any case, and many of us would prefer to see Adam Holloway come on if we need to substitute a forward, with McClure and Steven Craig being joint next in the pecking order.

Late on in the game, as the sun starts to go down, you may witness an incredible spectacle as Miles Arthur Eugene Wesley Weston takes the stage . . . . . then you will know the points are in your bag.

On the Southend Twitter account yesterday, the guy who runs it had put "Thompson: We're Better Than Wycombe" as a headline and the official Wycombe FC account replied "Thanks - that's the prematch team talk sorted then".

Whoever the media boy is needs to improve. It has gone massively downhill since Tom left.

Yes that was a silly thing to say from Thompson. Wycombe are above us in the league and thrashed us at their place so that suggests they are the better team.

I can see this one being a tetchy, low-scoring game. Two sides who don't concede many goals both with talented young goalkeepers. My head says Wycombe will nick it, my heart says Barry Corr will score a last-minute 1-0 winner.

I would of hoped we see a 8000 plus gate... massive game for both clubs... a real 6 pointer
Love to see that inside the ground tomorow, but if they bring 1,500 it's possible, other than that I think we are looking at 7,000 unless we get lots of pay on the day home support ��

I think Adam Thompson may have spent the half-hour before that interview sniffing the Bostik.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Neither team should need any extra motivation ahead of this one.

6,500 if we're lucky

Not the biggest fan but Vic Jobson always said the town never came out and supported their club ... One can only can guess if we did move the Baslidon in the early 1990s what support we be getting now ..

I say more than the loyal 5000 who turn up week in week out at the Hall

shame things dont change

If we'd have moved to basildon we wouldn't be known as Southend United anymore.

A debate for another time but I would say it hasn't helped how the club have completely alienated the town's business community over the past few years. At times like this we should be counting on those firms for support/promotion but we've ****ed too many of them off, Kavanagh even admitted this at the Q&A thingy last year.

..and I doubt moving to Basildon would have changed much. It's the fact that we're (you are?) so close to London and the pull of the Premiership.

On the Southend Twitter account yesterday, the guy who runs it had put "Thompson: We're Better Than Wycombe" as a headline and the official Wycombe FC account replied "Thanks - that's the prematch team talk sorted then".

Whoever the media boy is needs to improve. It has gone massively downhill since Tom left.

Our official Twitter pages tweets since Tom left have been an absolute embarrassment, the one on deadline day about "Messi at Roots Hall" or what ever it said was unbelievably cringey

Back