• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our official Twitter pages tweets since Tom left have been an absolute embarrassment, the one on deadline day about "Messi at Roots Hall" or what ever it said was unbelievably cringey

The transport survey article contained an incorrect link to the survey as well before someone pointed it out.

It's a pretty basic thing to check before publishing. Hopefully the kid has learnt his lesson and won't make this mistake again.

Has anyone esle seen Wycombes away record this season - they have only lost one !
Won 10
Drawn 6
lost 1
GF 28
GA 13:sad:

Not the biggest fan but Vic Jobson always said the town never came out and supported their club ... One can only can guess if we did move the Baslidon in the early 1990s what support we be getting now ..

I say more than the loyal 5000 who turn up week in week out at the Hall

shame things dont change

We are fourth best supported in the league. We play league two football at a ramshackle stadium with away supports that often number less than 100.

Not sure what more you want .

Still loads of empty seats on the online seat booker. Probably looking at a crowd of just over 6,000 depending on how many Wycombe bring and if the club have given any cheap tickets to local schools.

As others have pointed out we have our regular 5,000 fans which is decent at this level, but we find it difficult to attract extra fans at the moment.

There's no way you can drop Leonard for Deegan after his performance against the Wombles.

He's the reason Akinfenwa had no influence on the game.

What would you be getting from Deegan that Leonard didn't provide in the last match?
That is another reason our midfield don't create, too worried about the opposition forwards. Leonard's best game is when he drives forward pushing opposing defences, not trying to look after the likes of Akinfenwa.
Leonard has been well off his best game for a while now. Start with Weston and think about our attacking rather than the opposition:smile:

That is another reason our midfield don't create, too worried about the opposition forwards. Leonard's best game is when he drives forward pushing opposing defences, not trying to look after the likes of Akinfenwa.
Leonard has been well off his best game for a while now. Start with Weston and think about our attacking rather than the opposition:smile:

Leonard is less likely get booked or sent off

We are fourth best supported in the league. We play league two football at a ramshackle stadium with away supports that often number less than 100.

Not sure what more you want .

i do believe in the Championship we averaged 10k ..... mind you we had a successful manager back then - an Essex bloke too

The Wanderers web site reported on Friday morning that all 500 allocated tickets had been sold and that another 700 tickets were available as pay on the gate on the day. I would estimate 750 wanderers fans, 6250 in total. 1-0 to the shrimpers through a defender scoring a set piece! COYB!

Match day!

two decisions for Brown today as defence and attack should be unchanged. First if fit does he recall Bentley and the answer to that must be yes, this is a crucial game, Ted has done well, but Bents is 1st choice. Secondly what will the midfield look like? Will he go for safe but uncreative with just Worrall as creator or will he include the likes of Payne/Weston/Hurst? For me his choice in midfield is key.

I think Tommo's comments were fair enough, we weren't very good at their place and as I recall, it was a very frustrating day all round so we do "owe them one".

Only change for me today would be Bentley back in goal. That's no disrespect to Ted at all, but you have to have your number one goalie back in as soon as he's fit.

A lot today will depend on the ref. His reputation worries me hugely :'(

Will happily take a point overall.

We have only won at home this season when we have kept a clean sheet. Going with a break with tradition today with a 2-1 win. Goals by Worrall and Payne.

Biggest game of the season and for me the one which will really prove me mean business! We owe them for that 4-1 thrashing before xmas

Despite every one seeming to want Leonard dropped, Atkinson is the midfielder I'd drop. He played worse than Leonard the other night so I don't know why there aren't any calls for him to be dropped. Atkinson may run a lot but his passing hasn't been great recently and I'd much prefer Deegan in there or even Payne if Brown is feeling brave.

Despite every one seeming to want Leonard dropped, Atkinson is the midfielder I'd drop. He played worse than Leonard the other night so I don't know why there aren't any calls for him to be dropped. Atkinson may run a lot but his passing hasn't been great recently and I'd much prefer Deegan in there or even Payne if Brown is feeling brave.

Yep, me too. However, Atkinson is a Brown boy through and through and I think he'll stick with him.

Based on everyones thoughts listed above...it's almost a no-brainer that Luton will be allocated 2,200 for their game at The Hall......crying shame, but financially practical.........unless... we have a surge in form and ticket sales rocket..:clap:

As others have posted the midfield is key; we will be ok at the back, especially if Dan is fit. The problem is we have little creativity from the backs so the middies need to support them closely and at the same time work for options for (hopefully) the front two.
Now Tims is off the mark and scored hopefully we can push on but neither Willo or Deegs appear to have any attacking intent and Lenny is playing very deep.................
Mr Brown has a hard decision of who to select from Willo/Deegs/Jack.
I expect him to start the same outfield and change after an hour/when/if required.

AND no red cards (for us) please.

Back