• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Bristol Rovers

Well that half didn't prove my point. But it's not because of the formation that we're behind in this game. The players seemed disinterested and slow for the majority.

I'd like to see 4 in midfield, I said that in the pre-match thread. Turner looks a candidate to be replaced.

Turner never looks the great in a 3, he is best performing in a back 4 next to Moore.

Was that the worst opening 30 minutes from a Southend side, I can remember?........my memory is not that good these days! Total disorganised shambles. I thought 0-2 let us off rather lightly. A great double save from Bishop (the second was a wonder save). I don't however think he'll be happy with his part in their first. We seemed to change it a bit and then suddenly looked better (or less awful!) Cox gets a goal from nothing and suddenlu we look the side likely to score (but still likely to concede as well!) We're back in the game..........I don't quite know how.

Then stop playing long balls. Rovers are playing it on the floor, why can't we?

The problem is, there are no options; so as soon as someone gets the ball, their is no one out wide, which leaves the only option as hitting it up field

Well **** me CP has actually made the right decision!!!

Mclaughlan on for Dieng
Kightly on for Turner

Mantom (who was as bad as Dieng and Turner and is lucky to still be on) gives the ball away, Rovers hit the bar and miss a sitter from the rebound.

More intensity this half though, better from Blues, Kightly seemed to think we should have had a pen.

Have the commentators on BBC Essex just said that pressing the ball has gone out of the game? ?

3 games 3 bookings for Hart. CP needs to speak to him about that, can’t afford to lose him with Hendrie out injured.

Clarke-Harris coming on!

Yearwood booked, our discipline is ****ing shocking.

Back