• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone at the back will be better than Luke tonight, Maybe move White into middle with MP and play Auger or Leonard at right back.

Really don't see what all the excitement is about. It's a mickey mouse competition unless you get to the final. All tonight has shown is that we don't have much in reserve, but doesn't stop us getting up for it at Burton on Saturday.

So Prosser , who has been superb this season in a team with the 3rd best goals against record in League 2 , has a bad game and now he's useless ?
Can we not just accept it was a bad game and move on , or do we have to crucify the lad for having a bad night ?

So Prosser , who has been superb this season in a team with the 3rd best goals against record in League 2 , has a bad game and now he's useless ?
Can we not just accept it was a bad game and move on , or do we have to crucify the lad for having a bad night ?

We have to crucify him of course. Every mistake he makes must be highlighted. Same with Paul Smith. The fact that players like Bentley, Cresswell, Barrett have flaws in their game must be ignored too - they are untouchable. And please can we bring back Tilson?

Definitely agree with this, need to get back on track on Saturday which won't be easy after tonight though.

Absolutely. All extremely disappointed but lets not loose focus and keep things in perspective
poor day at the office
move ob

Based on the circumstances of the club at the moment I personally believe it is a miracle that we are only a few points off the play-offs. Who is to say the Brown and co aren't doing an above average job relative to the constraints within which they work? The trouble is that after a disappointing result (notwithstanding at times quite promising performance) like tonight it confirms to me the more vociferous fans expectations are simply too high of the current playing staff. I'm not blaming them but they really need to put the inconsistent results firmly in the context with which Brown and co are working. What we are seeing on the pitch are the symptoms of the underlying problem - not the problem itself. You try managing a business where you can't hire (and therefore by definition afford to fire) any staff, in an effort to improve performance. As I have said before I want the club to come clean with the fans (or the Echo, BBC Essex etc. work a bit harder to uncover) the circumstances around this embargo and the status of the new ground. I get the distinct feeling that RM is simply exploiting the embargo situation as a mechanism to keep his staff costs down and cash flow positive (or less negative!) for longer. If this is the case, and he is supplying a sub-standard product as a result, he is guilty of treating loyal fans (3,500 tonight is amazing for early round of JPT) with even more disdain that he has hitherto - and should be held to account accordingly.

Brown better syep up to the plate on this one , preferably with much sackcloth and ashes. . I agree with Spoons. Brown made a huge play of how important this competition is and what it means to him and the side, He said he would not be making many changes and then sends out the most bizarre set up Iv eseen for sometime. Playing

Playing Reid upfront with Hurst and Straker guarenteed a loss to me. I screetched for Corr and Woodrow to come on and get rid of 4-3-3. This by any standards was a half brained bizarre experiment. When Woodrow finally came on he scored twice. Why bring on Corr with 5 minutes to go? Nothing wrong in giving some youngsters a go, but not with that line up. 3 youngsters played well, especially Payne , Clifford and Woodrow. What a farce, Sturrock had some nutty starting set ups , but this tops it comfortably. I would have started with Woodrow and made less changes. Well done Phil, lets here the post match carp you're now going to come out with!

After the glories of Oxford....shall we put this down as a bad day at the office and hope that "normal service" is hopefully resumed at Burton on Saturday?

Checked the score whilst at the Apple Store in NYC. Couldn't believe it. Had enough of Brown now.

Back