• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Port Vale 31st October 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would go for:

Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Clifford
Egbri, Demetriou, Taylor, ANG
Olayinka
Acquah​

Not been impressed with Lennon and I feel like we’d be better off letting Hobson play his way into form and get his confidence.

Acquah needs help up front and we need to look more like scoring so I’d push Olayinka forward into a more attacking midfield/second striker role and keep Taylor in central midfield for his physical presence.

Hopefully this is the last week without White, Macca and Akinola. Those three would be the spine and massively improve us.

I would go for:

Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Clifford
Egbri, Demetriou, Taylor, ANG
Olayinka
Acquah​

Not been impressed with Lennon and I feel like we’d be better off letting Hobson play his way into form and get his confidence.

Acquah needs help up front and we need to look more like scoring so I’d push Olayinka forward into a more attacking midfield/second striker role and keep Taylor in central midfield for his physical presence.

Hopefully this is the last week without White, Macca and Akinola. Those three would be the spine and massively improve us.
I’m starting to wonder if we’ll ever see a starting line up with all 3 fit. I’m disappointed in how unfit Macca seems to be...and to think people had worries about Demetriou’s ability to play games.
Oh, on topic...I can’t see us winning. I’d play the below, reverting to 442.

Oxley
JD - Lennon - Dieng - Clifford
Egbri - Taylor - Olayinka - ANG
Acquah - Goodship

Last edited:
Today a complete madness overcame me. For the first time this season I placed a bet on the blues to win 2-1. I've got no sane argument about how we are going to do it (maybe a couple of own goals) but maybe, maybe we might just get lucky. Please God let it be !

I got 19/2 on Us to win & both teams to score, £5 bet. ?

They've got Robinson and Worrall for them, you just know at least one of them is going to score today!

Expecting another 0-2 +result .Again with no threat up front how can you expect to win games .Fearing the worst with Theo and Worrall having a good day .
Just how long can this run go on!!

Expecting another 0-2 +result .Again with no threat up front how can you expect to win games .Fearing the worst with Theo and Worrall having a good day .
Just how long can this run go on!!
Fair prediction.
I am surprised people are sticking with the Elvis and Egbri right side when it doesn't work. We continue to concede lots from attacks and crosses down that side and we don't have the same threat going forward down that side. The pairing doesn't have an understanding.
Similarly Dieng in midfield? Really? How often did that work well?
Or 3 CB?
Emile on his own?

Oxley
Elvis Lennon Hobson Clifford
Dieng
Egbri Taylor ang
Goodship sterling

Would be delighted to see akinola, White and macca onnthe bench for this one just for a lift more than anything else after the good news re tax bill
Think you could be close with this starting line up today. Wouldn't be surprised to see JD not starting today but maybe coming in during the game
Not sure if any of the injured three will make the bench ! Hope one might .

Ox
JD Dieng Lennon Clifford
Egbri Taylor Olay ANG
Goodship Acquah/Sterling

We need Lennon’s pace at the back. Acquah or Sterling would depend on MM’s view of their back four and therefore how to play. I fear he’ll play Acquah and play balls to feet.

This game has a Theo hat trick written all over it.

I'm just waiting for his smug text after the game ? he's already told me his scoring today and to be honest ... I think we all believe him

Back