• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep. And that isn't going to happen until the club provide the council with all the details they need to make a decision...

He states in that interview he is waiting upon the council. This is bollocks as we know Lee, according to the council they are waiting for him.

"The application has not been determined as further information is awaited from the applicants before we can make a full assessment of the proposals"

Is it me or is there a general mistrust/disrespect on these boards for Ron Martin? The same Ron Martin that has ridden a recession that destroyed so many bigger businesses and continued to provide us with a club? The same Ron Martin that at the eleventh hour has pulled The Mighty Blues from the fire at huge personal cost in terms of time and finance? The Ron Martin that everyone hated for reneging on players contracts/wages even though if he had honoured them we may not have a club today? The same Ron Martin that is presently presiding over a club sitting top of the league and once again filling the fans hearts with pride? The same Ron Martin that wants/needs a new stadium as much as any right minded supporter? If RM had his way the new stadium would have already been built. The guy is doing his best and I am sure will deliver. Many supporters may blame him for so much but there are always two sides to every situation and rarely has his side been acknowledged or understood. I feel its time for the fans to back RM because as sure as eggs are eggs he is very much a huge part of SUFC and the constant barrage of abuse can only be counterproductive. Thank you Ron for all your efforts and I as much as you hope you succeed in bringing the kind of future to SUFC that we all dream of. UTB

Agree to a point. So far his major "crime" is not having enough money due to the unforeseen financial crisis. There is very little transparity in what the future of the club is and how much we will owe Ron and how much Rent we will have to pay when he inevitably departs. This is what really concerns me and whilst he is in a position where he can really screw the club and gives no concrete assurances, I am not willing to give him any praise.

I am puzzled by the timing of this media announcement. The last announcement was spring/early summer when he said we would be going to tender and be on site in October/November. The only news to be honest is that we have gone to tender & haven't yet chosen a contractor. I can't get very excited by that earth shattering progress towards a new stadium.

During the same period as this monumental progress Sainsburys failed to complete on Prospects losing their reputed 200k deposit.

So for me to get excited & really believing it will happen could only be when the bulldozers start at FF. The only indication before then which would make me feel more confident would be the purchase of Prospects & the other properties, but that would take Sainsburys to cough up significantly more money which they will only do if everything else is 100% in place.

I thought it was a Joke when it was mentioned a few months back

only building a 3 sided stadium only holding 14,000 it’s a bit embarrassing Ron..lol

I now prefer we now stay at Roots Hall if this is the case

Sorry If I wanted to watch Southend United attacking the open cows field end I go and support Southend Manor..lol

Ron leave the Flats / shops etc until you completed the Staduim mate !!

first thing that sprung to mind "yes, but it's our ***t hole":smile:
ditto, but we don't own a bean anymore :stunned:
As already mentioned, Prospects falling though and reportedly Sainsburys renting some flats out again to recoup some funds and the rumour that the offer made to the Sale shop on vic ave being withdrawn seems to go against this statement.
Just hope we hear some positive news about the shops and Prospects soon. Been a while since Mr Hardball prospects has spouted anything.

Sorry to prove your post wrong but he took over the club with the mind to make money through the new stadium project. He didnt have the clubs best interest at heart when we were going through the financial crisis, he clung onto the club and dragged it down with his own problems in the hope of financial gain at the end of the road.

As for Ron being involved in the top of the table team affairs.....Tara is calling the shots there, all credit to him not Ron. Do you believe we would have the same budget if Tara wasnt calling the shots?

Funny how now he has popped up with some news on the new stadium now the team is doing well. How many times have we heard the new stadium is nearly ready? On that evidence he cannot be trusted. "We will be in the new stadium by 2008" was quoted in 2005. There's some evidence to prove his untrustworthy. Please provide me with some to say otherwise if you want to disagree!!!!!
Hang on a minute...............who brought in Tara Brady? I am not anti Ron but have to say that I did start to get rather worried last year. I think he is more a victim of economic circumstance than a villain. For some on here he is condemned when he says something and condemned when he doesn't, however, there are certainly times when he perhaps should have kept his mouth shut. In the end I do believe that he does care passionately about Southend United........that is, of course, after himself...............but I can live with that.

All these delays make you wonder if the club are ****ing about and changing the plans again...

Is it me or is there a general mistrust/disrespect on these boards for Ron Martin? The same Ron Martin that has ridden a recession that destroyed so many bigger businesses and continued to provide us with a club? The same Ron Martin that at the eleventh hour has pulled The Mighty Blues from the fire at huge personal cost in terms of time and finance? The Ron Martin that everyone hated for reneging on players contracts/wages even though if he had honoured them we may not have a club today? The same Ron Martin that is presently presiding over a club sitting top of the league and once again filling the fans hearts with pride? The same Ron Martin that wants/needs a new stadium as much as any right minded supporter? If RM had his way the new stadium would have already been built. The guy is doing his best and I am sure will deliver. Many supporters may blame him for so much but there are always two sides to every situation and rarely has his side been acknowledged or understood. I feel its time for the fans to back RM because as sure as eggs are eggs he is very much a huge part of SUFC and the constant barrage of abuse can only be counterproductive. Thank you Ron for all your efforts and I as much as you hope you succeed in bringing the kind of future to SUFC that we all dream of. UTB

Jog on Ron

When Hell freezes over will i thank you, you treated the fans, staff, suppliers, players and manager with such disrespect and you continually mis inform us (I would of put lied but one of the moderators will just change it). You are after a pay day, and i cannot wait for you to get it so you can sell up and **** off.

I thought it was a Joke when it was mentioned a few months back

only building a 3 sided stadium only holding 14,000 it’s a bit embarrassing Ron..lol

I now prefer we now stay at Roots Hall if this is the case

Sorry If I wanted to watch Southend United attacking the open cows field end I go and support Southend Manor..lol

Ron leave the Flats / shops etc until you completed the Staduim mate !!

Well said son.Whot a stupid idea never be any good in the ground,whot happend to that lovely model of the staduim.Colhester will take the p...s big time.

Can't believe we are going to have a 3 sided stadium.

OK, so its going to be more modern, better facilities, seating etc. HOWEVER, it will not have the same atmosphere and feel within the stadium. If this is going to be the case I would much rather stay at Roots Hall in a FOUR-sided stadium.

It's not easy being Ron.
It seems you blend in with so many other ord'nary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
or stars in the sky.

But Ron's the color of Spring.
And Ron can be cool and friendly-like.
And Ron can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain,
or tall like a tree.

When Ron is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am Ron and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

Can't believe we are going to have a 3 sided stadium.

OK, so its going to be more modern, better facilities, seating etc. HOWEVER, it will not have the same atmosphere and feel within the stadium. If this is going to be the case I would much rather stay at Roots Hall in a FOUR-sided stadium.

You say that as is if it's a negative.

Well said son.Whot a stupid idea never be any good in the ground,whot happend to that lovely model of the staduim.Colhester will take the p...s big time.

Colchester are not in a position to take the preverbial out of anyone with their Airfix Stadium which they can't fill. :smile:

Speaks volumes that Kent Shrimper has used you as his mouthpiece.

Hahaha GtYS i don't know Mick from Adam, However if he has the same opinion then don't be so shocked. Just because we are Top of the League doesn't mean that everyone has forgotten or forgiven RM for the atrocious dealings of our club.

Jog on Ron

When Hell freezes over will i thank you, you treated the fans, staff, suppliers, players and manager with such disrespect and you continually mis inform us (I would of put lied but one of the moderators will just change it). You are after a pay day, and i cannot wait for you to get it so you can sell up and **** off.

And who will take over and finance the club, you? I wager all those posting the abuse of Ron Martin on here wouldn't have a scoobie of how to run a bath let alone keep a football club afloat. Like it or lump it, it wasn't for Ron Martin there would be no team to support. About time some of you began to grow up. He's no angel he's a business man - he makes money - that's what football chairman do - when some of you go away make a few million and then are prepared to plough close to 100k into the club every month then fine but until then ...

We will never see that stadium jog on ron,iam fed up of him,he allways saying iam keeping southend going when ron hasnt got money he get it from others ie loans etc

Back