• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 2-3 Burton Albion

Sol’s agenda of trying to be a football manager. What a *******.

You can’t blame Sol. How can you? He’s working with half the tools n some of the machine is missing. Simple!

Ron Martin still getting away with it.

Can’t wait for the summer.
Because he hasn't got a full set of tools, he is ignoring half the decent tools he has got, and throwing a hissy fit by effectively saying to Ron "if you are going to play awkward with me, then I will be an awkward sod too. Remember, I don't need this job for financial reasons so sack me if you dare".
Who suffers? As per usual the long suffering fans.
I've got to say, given the vast pool of unemployed available managers, we have picked some right beauties recently.

Because he hasn't got a full set of tools, he is ignoring half the decent tools he has got, and throwing a hissy fit by effectively saying to Ron "if you are going to play awkward with me, then I will be an awkward sod too. Remember, I don't need this job for financial reasons so sack me if you dare".
I've got to say, given the vast pool of unemployed available managers, we have picked some right beauties recently.
So sol is purposely losing to spite Ron? I’ve heard some **** on here but this takes the ****!

Isn’t it obvious?

Sol Vs. Ron

Ones got the hump because he feels lied to & undermined, and the other is desperately searching for a receipt and the phone number to Trading Standards, because he hasn’t purchased what he thought he was purchasing.

Or as some might say, it’s all made up rumours on an Internet forum, and the weird behaviour from both parties are purely coincidental.

I think you're first paragraph sounds far more interesting, we need some excitement this season Ron v Sol could be it. If so, why not settle it in the boxing ring. The ego v the ego, could be a fair match!

I think you're first paragraph sounds far more interesting, we need some excitement this season Ron v Sol could be it. If so, why not settle it in the boxing ring. The ego v the ego, could be a fair match!

Sol has the size and power advantage, but Ron would use his weasle-like nature to avoid the big man until he gassed. Then Ron would capitalise with a move he calls ‘chequebook outta nowhere’ followed by a chairshot behind the ref’s back, to pin big Sol for the three count.

Or play one in goal and bring the other on 30 seconds before the final whistle. They can sit next to Hutchinson. The Man is a Buffoon. He does think tactics are Scottish mints. For me, his team selection and formation leaves a lot to desire and this is only outdone by his mindless ramblings at the post-match interview. The Man is an idiot and I dont think his players would even follow him out of idle curiosity; incidentally Mantom was less than pleased to be taken off and went straight to the dressing room.
Today I think perhaps opened a few eyes, judging by the atmosphere at the Hall and a few comments I overheard. A keeper brought in who’s no better than our own. Dieng moves back to MF with Mantom which is always gonna leave us exposed. Egbri starts over Barratt and Hutchinson (nothing against Terrell but he isn’t a starter at the minute)... Barratt showed flashes when he came on, as would Isaac if he wasn’t pathetically being left on the bench. Demi was where?? He’s been the spark in many games for us. Kelman up top .. it ain’t working Sol!! Why bring Acquah back if you won’t play him? Why leave Rush and Goodship on the bench? Where was plan B? We had a bit of momentum going .. leading to Lincoln (where the crowd were 100% behind Sol and the club seemed united, briefly, again) and it’s all unravelled .. why??

I’ll wait to be shot down by some smart ar*e justifying today’s tactics.

Sol has the size and power advantage, but Ron would use his weasle-like nature to avoid the big man until he gassed. Then Ron would capitalise with a move he calls ‘chequebook outta nowhere’ followed by a chairshot behind the ref’s back, to pin big Sol for the three count.

It's got to beat Wilder v Fury, plus it would be in the UK so we wouldn't have to be awake at stupid o'clock!

It's got to beat Wilder v Fury, plus it would be in the UK so we wouldn't have to be awake at stupid o'clock!

You say that, but wait until that slippery slag Hearn gets a whiff of it. It’ll be a £49.95 PPV special.

BURTON Albion boss Nigel Clough felt his side should have won by more than the 3-2 score-line at Southend United.

More...

Mods, what's going on with the threads tonight? The post match thread either didn't exist of disappeared for a while :Unsure:

Now it's back but the replies here that link to posts there now make no sense! I think everything on this thread post game from GBJ's post 40 mins ago needs shifting. Thanks!

Yep I noticed that to.

He came onto the middle of the pitch and was shaking the hands of all the Burton Albion players and then turned and faced all the three home stands and clapped the fans.

Normally he goes straight down the tunnel, perhaps he was saying goodbye?

Please,please, please.

Back