• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Gillingham FC Tuesday 18th February 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have decided not to go tonight.

Its the first time in 35 years that I am not attending a home game out of choice. I left early for only the second time ever last Saturday too (I last did it in the Alvin Martin days).

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next game at Roots Hall but now unfortunately, I find it increasingly more difficult to muster enthusiasm to watch. I find it depressing, unexciting and boring.

No offence to the young lads, but when I purchased my season ticket, I expected to at least be entertained by a competitive team - not one that has won only twice at home in the league at home for over a year

I am finally falling out of love with the only team that I have supported since 1969. :Sad:

Think it’s really sad but completely see where you are coming from as I too feel quite similar and it is tough going atm

It's gonna be tough - spending a tenner to watch that arse Evans and a thrashing on iFollow, watching Liverpool in the Euro last 16 on BT Sport (already pay the sub so no extra cost) or watch a load of artists I've never heard of on ITV in the Brit Awards ............

Oh well, the tenner option it is. There was never a choice really.

Its the first time in 35 years that I am not attending a home game out of choice. I left early for only the second time ever last Saturday too (I last did it in the Alvin Martin days).

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next game at Roots Hall but now unfortunately, I find it increasingly more difficult to muster enthusiasm to watch. I find it depressing, unexciting and boring.

No offence to the young lads, but when I purchased my season ticket, I expected to at least be entertained by a competitive team - not one that has won only twice at home in the league at home for over a year

I am finally falling out of love with the only team that I have supported since 1969. :Sad:

Very sad IloveShrimp. You know supporting clubs like ours, is one massive roller coaster. Appalling times like this happens every now and again. It makes the great times even better. Not for me to say don't give up on SUFC, but I hope you don't. In the grand scheme of things, this season is a total write off, but things should get better.

I also have made the decision to miss tonight. What with living and working in Kent, I just cannot stomach the fight with the Dartford Tunnel and A127, drive for nigh on 2 hours, to then get there and watch our kids get thumped by Gillingham in the cold. This last year has fully tested the patience.

A mere $7 to watch the Mighty Shrimpers during an extended lunch break. I can understand those who are reluctant to go tonight, but I would give my left bollock to be at Roots Hall for the match.

I can understand it, but it is sad. Ron is not the club after all. One day, he will be gone (the really frightening thought is that we might even miss him!!).

The kids have done amazingly well and they deserve our support, they really do. Can we possibly change your mind about tonight?

Does anyone have a link to a feed other than ifollow? Can’t make the 200 mile round trip tonight and I hate the crap quality on ifollow

I can understand it, but it is sad. Ron is not the club after all. One day, he will be gone (the really frightening thought is that we might even miss him!!).

The kids have done amazingly well and they deserve our support, they really do. Can we possibly change your mind about tonight?

Let's hope he doesn't take the club with him....

Am I right in thinking the game is being shown on Ifollow tonight? Didn’t think home games were usually shown on there?

Back