• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Plymouth Argyle

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McLaughlin starts for me ahead of any other wide player, he's the only one who has any defensive nous and looked a lot more up for it than Bunn on Tuesday. If Ba or Wabo were in contention, then I think we'd have seen them out there Tuesday, so I'm guessing young Isaac will get the start to replace Theo.

I wouldn’t disagree with that OBL but my feeling is he’ll go with Bunn off of Cox with two from three (Isaac / Macca / Kightly) in the wide areas OR he’ll play a three man CM with Dieng more advanced ahead of Dru and Sam with Bunn in one of the wide areas and one from the above 3 in the other.....

Would go for this.!!

Bishop but Oxley if fit
Bwomono. White/Moore if Fit. Turner. Hendrie.
Dieng
Yearwood. Mantom.
Hutchinson.
Bunn. Cox.

Subs T.Smith. Clifford. Hyam. Klass, Kightly, Mc Laughlin, Might have to put Ron Martin on bench.

I'd put him on the pitch with his fighting spirit the other night!

I think he'll play 3 Central Midfielders and 2 wide men from Bunn, Macca and Hutchinson - he'll get slated for only playing one up front at home, but we've only got one striker available at the moment so unless he plays one of the kids (who I hope will be on the bench), what option has he got? Haven't included any new players as anticipate being disappointed on this front later today!

Bishop

Bwomono White Turner Hendrie

Macca Yearwood Dieng Mantom Bunn

Cox

Subs: Ted, Clifford, Moore, Hyam, Kightly, Hutchinson, Kelman​

If we start with White and Turner tomorrow we are going to lose. Let’s hope we get a decent centre back in on loan to partner Turner. Moore would be a risk to start even if he is fit.

I feel this game has Ladapo destroying us written all over it.

If we start with White and Turner tomorrow we are going to lose. Let’s hope we get a decent centre back in on loan to partner Turner. Moore would be a risk to start even if he is fit.

I feel this game has Ladapo destroying us written all over it.
Am sure I read somewhere he's got a knee injury....

Am sure I read somewhere he's got a knee injury....

I hope that’s true, although Graham Carey normally does well against us. Let’s hope we don’t give away any free kicks as he’s got a decent boot on him.

I hope that’s true, although Graham Carey normally does well against us. Let’s hope we don’t give away any free kicks as he’s got a decent boot on him.
Yes Freddie has a knee injury, almost certain he wont be starting. That is what my PA work mates are saying, hope they are right as when ex players return they normally bit us on the bum !

He came off at the Stanley game with an ankle injury, however he played the following game against the wombles on Boxing day (Presume you meant Ladapo) so must be fit

Saying that he was pulled off at next two games (Burton and Oxford) so maybe he does have an issue)

According to their forum, they have 3 midfielders out injured for the match (Joel Grant, Jamie Ness & Conor Grant)... I don't know how influential they are for them though.

Even after Tuesday's horror show I'm still really looking forward to live football at Roots Hall tomorrow. I do try and be as downbeat as lots on here but something inside me says 'match day, enjoy'. Hopefully that enjoyment will be at the end of a win. COYB.

Back