• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eastwood in a CM/top of diamond role tomorrow, I thought he looked to have a decent enough game there Tuesday and looked to be trying to create some useful moves.

please god no, we do not pass enough in that area to give freddy the ball so he can be effective, I want freddy eastwood up top smashing the ball into the net, Tomlin and others can create let freddy finish

Diamonds indeed. We only have 1 central midfielder so Im not sure whether choosing a formation that requires 4 is the answer (even if the AM (hey we are talking FM tactics so lets use the terminology) is Eastwood)

442 with Hurst in the middle and Tomlin out wide sounds best, that means only one player out of position.

I wouldnt mind the 433 we have used late on, but not sure as a starting point.

please god no, we do not pass enough in that area to give freddy the ball so he can be effective, I want freddy eastwood up top smashing the ball into the net, Tomlin and others can create let freddy finish

Good point, you get the feeling Freddy would have buried the chances Tomlin has had so far this season.

southend 4 barnet 1 stroll it, britt 2 eastwood and hurst on scoresheet, back into top 10.

Bentley
Clohessy Cresswell Prosser Barker
Tomlin Hurst Timlin Martin
Eastwood Assombalonga

Shameful I know but this will be my first match of the season. I've been trying to hold onto that Olympic spirit for as long as possible. I've been fighting the feeling that League 2 football with destroy it, but the time has now come. Sorry Sturrock but I am expecting lots of goals tomorrow!!

Hurst may be out of position and Id rather him wide, but that looks like a pretty decent side to me.

I think Hurst is the 'roundest peg' for this hole, if you get my drift. Whichever way you look at it, someone is going to have to be out of position and I feel Hurst would adapt to a CM role with minimal fuss.

Shameful I know but this will be my first match of the season. I've been trying to hold onto that Olympic spirit for as long as possible. I've been fighting the feeling that League 2 football with destroy it, but the time has now come. Sorry Sturrock but I am expecting lots of goals tomorrow!!

No need to feel ashamed. Others (ahem) are also making their 1st trek down to the mecca of football

Back