• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Ferdinand trained yesterday and as long as he has had no reaction, he should be back in the line up this evening.

Other than that i would expect the team to pick itself. I would personally like to see Sawyer start in a 4-5-1 formation, with Sturrock dropping to the bench. but I think that is unlikely. Standard PS 4-3-3 to start I think.

That's if Jason Banton does not arrive on loan today...

Evans​

Clohessy, Barker, Coughlan, Gilbert​

Ferdinand, Easton, Hall​

Grant​

Corr, Sturrock.​

Subs: Morris, Comminges, Soares, Sawyer, Crawford, Asante, Prosser.​

Last edited:
think we might go for five in midfield as sawyer might get a game from the start tonight with hall supporting corr most attacks, going for a 2-1 win tonight in front of 6988 fans.

I would imagine we'll stick with our standard 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation regardless of whether Ferdinand/Sawyer/Banton play.

Have a feeling we'll nick it 2-1. Corr & Hall with the goals.

massive game, for me make or break game for our season. They are on a great run of results and by the sound of things have a really decent team. Looking forward to the atmosphere and hopefully 3 points.

Really looking forward to this one. I seem to remember Gills were near bottom of the table and really struggling and hey presto they're battling for a play off if not promotion place - sound familiar :smile:

Always a good atmosphere against them, think we'll squeeze it 2 - 1

UTBs

Decided to bin my marking that I had planned for this evening and come along!
2-0 - Barry Corr & Craig Easton!
:smile:

Have we actually won without Sturrock in the team yet? What was the exact stat for games without him?
4-3-3
Evans (Though I'd prefer Morris)
Clohessy, Barker, Coughlan, Gilbert
Grant, Easton, Ferdinand (if fit, if not Sawyer)
Sturrock, Corr, Hall

Lucky 1-0 win despite us being second best
Can't see us going over 5500 tonight, seeing as Arsenal are playing Barcelona, some of the less committed fans are likely to find that a far better prospect for entertainment than watching Southend play

Have we actually won without Sturrock in the team yet? What was the exact stat for games without him?
4-3-3
Evans (Though I'd prefer Morris)
Clohessy, Barker, Coughlan, Gilbert
Grant, Easton, Ferdinand (if fit, if not Sawyer)
Sturrock, Corr, Hall

Lucky 1-0 win despite us being second best
Can't see us going over 5500 tonight, seeing as Arsenal are playing Barcelona, some of the less committed fans are likely to find that a far better prospect for entertainment than watching Southend play

A mate of mine (at Uni) is going to watch Wivenhoe v Hadleigh out of spite tonight. Irrelevant but thought it was funny!

Vital game tonight, must win for our play-off hopes. 2-1 Southend in the last minute.

Hope we get a win tonight, but must say imo two evenly matched sides smacks of a draw for me, 1 1 and having to come from behind again.

Reckon there will be one big decision that the ref will have to make, which could decide the game. Reckon that if we actually start the game from the off instead of waiting until we go a goal down, then we have a good chance of getting something from this.

Ryan Hall 22 yard freekick! COME ON!!! 1-1

He had "Thank you" written on a shirt, brilliant!

Seconds later ..... Gillingham have a penalty. Assistant flagged. Southend players complaining.

Evans goes the right way, but they still score .... 2-1 down. BLOODY HELL!

Back