• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Macclesfield visit RH without a win in 8 weeks, which equates to 7 games. Their last win came at Bradford (0-1) on 20th November 2010. The week after they dumped us out the FA Cup...

Bencherif & Barnett are the two dangermen, with 6 goals each this season.

The SST (Macclesfield Trust) coach to the game has been cancelled due to lack of numbers. 12 fans booked up by all accounts. So I would expect you will be able to count the away turnout on your hands. Fair play to them though.

About time we got a bloody win at RH and we owe Macc one for the FA Cup exit. It always bothers me when sides on a **** run of form come to RH though. We always seem to help them put that to bed.

Still, no disrespect to Macc, but If we cannot turn them over, then quite frankly we deserve to be where we are in the League.

I'm confident though, for the first time in ages. I think we are going to finally do it tonight. The RH hoo-doo WILL be broken at long last.

3-0 (Grant, Mohsni & Hall)

4,754 in attendance (22 from Macc)

One last thing and I am sure you will all agree. RIP Richard Butcher.

Last edited:
I'm gutted this is one I'm sure we can win and I can't get out of bed. Unless a miracle happens I'm missing my first home league game in three years.

Last edited:
I wonder if they've been re-sited into the East Blues again then in that case? Would make commerical sense to have a stand closed if it's not really needed. I think (hope) that the players will have been galvanised by the support they got on Friday and am firmly convinced that a decent result is on the cards. I go for a 2-0 win, with Sturrock and Sawyer scoring. I also reckon Sawyer's not quite ready for the start and that super sub appearances might be his best re-introduction atm, however, when he comes on tonight I can see him running rings around them as he rediscovers his mojo.

Again a game Southend should win, but so difficult to forcast a Blues result esp at home, so il go for another draw 1 1.

One last thing and I am sure you will all agree. RIP Richard Butcher.

Very good shout on that one. After Keith Alexander last year nad now the young lad..My heart goes out to the Maccesfield Football family.

its good to get the feeling back of actually looking forward to a game rather than feeling like you have to go. it would be so good to get 3 points of the board tonight. not only for us to finally get a win at roots hall but also it would put us in good standing in the league and in a great posistion going into the barnet game. hopefully could be a really good week for us. really hoping for a 3 nil win tonight.

Still, no disrespect to Macc, but If we cannot turn them over, then quite frankly we deserve to be where we are in the League.

I hate comments like that because:
(1) despite prefacing it with "no disrespect" such comments are disrespectful;
(2) they pile on the expectation. If we're not 2-0 up inside 15 minutes the crowd's going to be on the players' backs.

Sturrock Jedi hattrick for Burns Night!

That would be cause for double celebration for a true Scottish patriot like your fellow egghead.

I hate comments like that because:
(1) despite prefacing it with "no disrespect" such comments are disrespectful;
(2) they pile on the expectation. If we're not 2-0 up inside 15 minutes the crowd's going to be on the players' backs.

That would be cause for double celebration for a true Scottish patriot like your fellow egghead.

Yorkie, come on.

All I said was "no disrespect to Macc, but If we cannot turn them over, then quite frankly we deserve to be where we are in the League."

How does that equate to "If we're not 2-0 up inside 15 minutes the crowd's going to be on the players' backs"

Yorkie, come on.

All I said was "no disrespect to Macc, but If we cannot turn them over, then quite frankly we deserve to be where we are in the League."

How does that equate to "If we're not 2-0 up inside 15 minutes the crowd's going to be on the players' backs"

It's the belief that we don't go into this game as equals, but that we are/should be a significantly better team.

A closely fought 2-1 win for the Blues, it might not be pretty but it could be a narrow win that sets us on our way at home.

Back