• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can see it being a cagey game but I can se us nicking it 1-0 but then I could be wrong.

If we get at them early then we should be ok, but if we start like we did against Morecambe then it could be a disaster

Theyre miserly and so are we so could be a drab game. Interesting stat that Chris Phillips said we have only won 2 out of our last 20 odd games in November.

One of the two game we have won in November, when we beat Oxford 4-0 in 2004!

Kane's Oxford mission

SOUTHEND United’s Kane Ferdinand wants to celebrate his latest international call up with another memorable win over Oxford this weekend.

More...

A similar game to the Morecambe one, there will only be one goal in it and our run could end here, I will go for 1-1, then we win the LDV game thanks to our strong squad.

Following on from my sucessful predicition of the Macclesfield score and that the Creepies would be surprisingly held by Accrington, I will now enhance my reputation even further by advising you that the score will be 3-1 to the mighty Shrimpers. Have a punt on Dickinson to score one of them.
Whilst I'm on a roll, how about the Creepies being held to another draw?

UTB

Following on from my sucessful predicition of the Macclesfield score and that the Creepies would be surprisingly held by Accrington, I will now enhance my reputation even further by advising you that the score will be 3-1 to the mighty Shrimpers. Have a punt on Dickinson to score one of them.
Whilst I'm on a roll, how about the Creepies being held to another draw?

UTB
Lottery numbers as well please mate.

ta

I hope your right mate , but i think a draw is on the cards . Oxford are a side im expecting to be in the top 3 come the end of the season so a win would go a long way to increasing distance on the chasing pack

Leonard learns from old heads

SOUTHEND United’s Ryan Leonard will not be short of advice if he is recalled to the team for tomorrow’s clash with Oxford United.

More...

I hope your right mate , but i think a draw is on the cards . Oxford are a side im expecting to be in the top 3 come the end of the season so a win would go a long way to increasing distance on the chasing pack

I think you are wrong there T2h, we're the form team, we're top of the league, we're the ones who are scoring for fun, we've got the mean defence, we'll smash them.

Oxford need to do themselves a favour and lose 1-0. Then their away record will be:

W D L F A
4 1 4 8 8

Nice and symmetrical!

Could be really interesting. I have found myself this season going to games fearing the worst, maybe 32 years of supporting the blues has contirbuted to this, however, once the games have started i have relaxed and realised that we are a good team and deserve the right to be top. Tomorrow is no exception, undoubtably this on paper is going to be a our toughest game thus far, but we shouid go into it, as favourites and confident of winning. The beauty of it this season is that BBC essex announced that our only three missing players tomrow are moshni, morris and corr, i immediatley thought, never mind, the depth in the squad is such this season that it doesnt matter that we are missing a few.

For the record, did i read somewhere that oxford have the best first half record and one of the worst 2nd half records in the league? also am i right in thinking that the three games we lost were without scoring, hence they scored first and also all our wins have come from scoring first this season. Therefore, winning at half time would be very handy tomorrow, and score first!! UTB

Yeah its a bit of a weird one. I could kind of understand if a team were slow starters but to have a poor second half record is bizarre. You'd think if it was down to fitness or anything like that that the manager would address it. They must be pretty awesome first half though to be where they are in the league.

Back