• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speed Awareness Course

Pubey

is it as boring as it sounds? 4hr lecture on why speed cameras are a money making scam and don't improve traffic safety speed is bad, mkay?

610_img_12.jpg

Last edited:
I've not done it pesonally, but I believe you get to see some pretty graphic images* of accidents and how speed kills.

*probably as a result of crashes where people who driven erratically after spotting a speed camera, but we won't go there.

Lucky they didn't lock you up Lewis,ain't Lefties supposed to be safety concious slowcoaches,ha ha.

6 points, £300 fine. I made sure I looked suitably ashamed to magistrates and gave a sob story about my poor old ma who relies on me to get about..... ;)

It is mind numbingly boring and totally pointless, be prepared to want to throw yourself out of the window. One thing I will say. When they ask you what vehicles can do what speeds legally on the roads, put 56mph for HGV lorries on duel carriage and motorways. Its the wrong answer as they will tell you it is 60 but it takes up half hour of them argueing with you when you insist that HGV's are restricted. Tied them up in knots and relieved the hell for a while.

It is mind numbingly boring and totally pointless, be prepared to want to throw yourself out of the window. One thing I will say. When they ask you what vehicles can do what speeds legally on the roads, put 56mph for HGV lorries on duel carriage and motorways. Its the wrong answer as they will tell you it is 60 but it takes up half hour of them argueing with you when you insist that HGV's are restricted. Tied them up in knots and relieved the hell for a while.

The speed limit for HGV's over 7.5 tonne is 50mph on dual carriageways.

It all depends on your philosophy.

Is prison for punishment or rehabilitation?

If you think it is the former, a 4 hour course seems appropriate; if the latter there are probably more effective means.

Yes but most are restricted to doing 56mph. I had exactly the same argument as GHG. They also couldnt fathom as to why me at 21 yrs old, could drive a trailor over 750kg. (B+E) When i did the course 2 and a bit yrs ago in wickford, I was the only person there who passed their test after 1997, so there was a bit of an age gap between me and everyone else. I was expecting a room full of boy racers..

Best bit was the start though. They go round and ask where you were caught, what speed you were doing and if you think it was fair. Literally everyone else was whinging saying they think its unfair they are here. I turned round and went 'I was knackered so was tonking it down the A13 to go home, saw the camera last minute, and slammed the anchors on, I was releived it was only 38 in a 30!'

Back