• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speeding

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
I got a nice little letter from the Police this morning with a cute little picture of my car whizzing along Hockley road....

41 in a 30 - how bad is that - will it be the standard 3 points and £60 fine?

Also, if you cant see the lines on the road where the fixed speed cameras are then does it mean that it was one of the mobile ones?

I got a nice little letter from the Police this morning with a cute little picture of my car whizzing along Hockley road....

Also, if you cant see the lines on the road where the fixed speed cameras are then does it mean that it was one of the mobile ones?

Was that on that infamous Sunday morning Sam ?

Yeah think so Sam. You can argue that you wasn't driving it if they can't see your face however....

From this site..http://www.ukmotorists.com/speeding fines.asp#top

Speeding Offence Fine Costs Penalty Points

up to 15mph over the posted limit £44 £30 3
16mph to 25mph over the posted limit £45-£100 £30 4
26mph to 35mph over the posted limit £45-£200 £30 5-6
36mph or more over the posted limit £67-£300 £30 Ban 1 month to 12 months

They would have been scraped under a conservative government

Yeah dunno bout that John - I was told I could get a 12month ban when I was 31mph over the limit on a motorway, in the end 6 points and £300 fine.

Note: Children, speeding is not big or clever.

Yeah dunno bout that John - I was told I could get a 12month ban when I was 31mph over the limit on a motorway, in the end 6 points and £300 fine.

I think that would depend if you have any previous points on your license..though I am not sure.:unsure:

Nope speeding is not clever, do it once you have been driving for 2 years :whistling:

Unlikely.

There is a womens prison in Hockley and the magistrates like to use local facilities where possible.

A girl I went to school with is halfway through a two stretch for doing 45 past the driving range....

Last edited:
Unlikely.

There is a womens prison in Hockley and the magistrates like to use local facilities where possible.

Ahhh Bullwood Prison, Durning my term as PM I had the chance to close that place but decided not too as I had my first fling with Edwina there in the bushes back in 93, good times indeed :)

I was caught doing 48 in a 30 limit (road works on the Pitsea Tesco flyover) and got £60 and 3 points.
Denying you were the driver is perjury.

Or don't do it at all, speeding kills FACT

Actually that's not a fact. "Inappropriate speed may kill would" be more accurate. For example, a car doing 80mph on a motorway at 3.00am is unlikely to cause an accident, but a car doing 80mph past a school at 3.30pm on a weekday could well kill.

I got caught doing 73 in a 40, fortunately it was only a beat copper on his way back to the station rather than transport police and I got away with 3 points. Lucky really as I already had 6 points from other speeding offences.

3 years I had to drive with the knowledge that one more offence would mean a ban. Fortunately come April my license is clean again (not that I have a car capable of breaking speed limits anymore anyway!).

Mate of mine used to be an expert on getting off. Couple of points I do recall him saying though;

1) When they send the piece of paper asking you to confirm driver etc, don't sign it as this counts as a confession. Apparently signing isn't a legal requirement.

2) Ask for calibration certificates for the radar gun, as without these being correct and recent the evidence is faulty.

There is a site that goes into more details, worth checking out, but this is all just from memory, so don't just take my word for it.

I hate the way it is considered socially acceptable to do everything possible to wriggle out of speeding convictions.

The rules are there for a reason - to help prevent people being injured or killed.

I'm willing to bet that speeding motorists kill far more kids every year than paedophiles and knife crime but unfortunately it does not provoke the same level of fear or outrage.

Last edited:

That would be right doing 101mph.....anything over 100mph is an instant ban

That would be right doing 101mph.....anything over 100mph is an instant ban

Yep, but I stood in front of the magistrates, told them I terribly sorry, I was en-route to a fault that would stop trains running on the WCML and my poor old mum lived in Romford and relied on my visits to feed her cat or something.

£300 fine, 6 points. Now I drive like an angel, especially when the work van accompanies me to parts of Essex.

Back