• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spending cash could save us cash...

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Now i know that i have touched on this in a previous thread , but i do genuinely believe that by spending cash and replacing players that were sold this season we would have ultimately saved cash.

Last night and saturday were good gauges of that. We have had consecutive 6500 attendances. Lets be honest if we had spent money and were in and around the top five then at the very least we would have had 7.5-8 k in attendance. Now im no mathematician , but that is a big loss in revenue. You have maybe 5 games like that between now and the end of the season and you are looking at a big chunk of cash.

Also when you consider that last year we achieved the play-offs and were televised in both games something that this year we will ultimately fail to do , then you have to wonder if spending say 600k on the team would have saved us money.

The games against millwall and leicester that are coming up could have been sell outs but i reckon we will struggle to get over 8.5k for each and on both occasions the away ends will be full to capacity.

Just something that ron martin might want to consider when the team is re-built next season and season card sales are down by 20%

Back