• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spinner signs for one more season

KrustyTheKray

President
Spinner is officially retiring the end of this season.

The club are going to give him a benefit game with all money going to charity.

The benefit game is been penned for the last game Roots Hall will ever hold, so a long way of i think. I wonder if it will be Man City, with the Goat coming back?

Spinner says he's in good shape and looking forward to a good season. He said he felt sorry for us when we were struggling in the lower reaches of the football league.

Spinner is a hero!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ July 28 2006,08:44)]Spinner is officially retiring the end of this season.

The benefit game is been penned for the last game Roots Hall will ever hold, so a long way of i think.  I wonder if it will be Man City, with the Goat coming back?

Spinner says he's in good shape and looking forward to a good season.   He said he felt sorry for us when we were struggling in the lower reaches of the football league.

Spinner is a hero!

UP THE BLUES!
Hang on.

If he retires this season and the club are going to make it the last ever game at Roots Hall then surely we are going to have to build at a pretty rapid rate to have a new ground ready for next season.

As far as I know ( Could be wrong) no bricks have been laid in anger yet....?
rock.gif
?
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ July 28 2006,08:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ July 28 2006,08:44)]Spinner is officially retiring the end of this season.

The benefit game is been penned for the last game Roots Hall will ever hold, so a long way of i think.  I wonder if it will be Man City, with the Goat coming back?

Spinner says he's in good shape and looking forward to a good season.   He said he felt sorry for us when we were struggling in the lower reaches of the football league.

Spinner is a hero!

UP THE BLUES!
Hang on.

If he retires this season and the club are going to make it the last ever game at Roots Hall then surely we are going to have to build at a pretty rapid rate to have a new ground ready for next season.

As far as I know ( Could be wrong) no bricks have been laid in anger yet....?
rock.gif
?  
suspect.gif
Yeah, this last game at Roots Hall wont be for a while. He'll probably go over to Oz, then come back over when we have the new ground, and Roots Hall stages this last game. So ten years time then or more?
laugh.gif

Spinner will be 40+

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ July 28 2006,08:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ July 28 2006,08:46)]As far as I know ( Could be wrong) no bricks have been laid in anger yet....?
rock.gif
?  
suspect.gif
Correct, it'd need to be a five year deal to that to come true!
Have faith, Ron has been looking at loads of Stadiums around the world during the summer. I bet he has got the plans for the new ground drawn up and details will be announced within the next few weeks.
laugh.gif

At least the club are giving the final match at Roots Hall some advance thought. Not like the Centenary Match!

I reckon it'd be more like the Ron Pountney testimonial - Spinner will be an internal decorator signing on by the time we get the new ground. Which means we might then be able to offer him a job again.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 28 2006,10:22)]Didn't Ron say he expected Building to start Next April?
that is indeed the vision the club has. the plans should be submitted in september.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ July 28 2006,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 28 2006,10:22)]Didn't Ron say he expected Building to start Next April?
that is indeed the vision the club has. the plans should be submitted in september.
Gilbo, apologies for singling you out, but when talking about the new stadium, it would be helpful if you would refer to not just the month, but the year as well.

eg The plans were due to be submitted in September 2001
OR
The plans will be submitted by September 2011.

Thank you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 28 2006,13:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ July 28 2006,10:29)]
[b said:
Gilbo, apologies for singling you out, but when talking about the new stadium, it would be helpful if you would refer to not just the month, but the year as well.

eg The plans were due to be submitted in September 2001
OR
The plans will be submitted by September 2011.

Thank you.
I'm happy to help...

The year was 2106, and Ron Martin IV was submitting plan to Southend-under the-Sea borough council for the plans of the new stadium.......

Back